Being new to beekeeping I just want to make sure I'm not inviting foulbrood or something by what I've done. I've had these bees a week now. I am feeding them sugar water 1:1. I call them sugar ants because they don't sting but their numbers are large. I noticed they were pretty active on my super and mostly around the feeder. I took the feeder jar out and the small pin holes where the sugar water comes out at was just packed tight with these ants. No bees feeding anywhere.
I took two plastic rectangular feeding troughs and put about 3 inches of water in them. I then sat the cinder blocks in the water with the super on top of the blocks. It has solved the ant problem but I just want to make sure I don't create another one.