Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 26, 2014, 01:41:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post office for sale  (Read 760 times)
iddee
Galactic Bee

« on: June 03, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »

All In The Family
The US has entered into a contract with a real estate firm to sell 56 buildings that currently house U.S. Post Offices. The government has decided it no longer needs these buildings, many of which are located on prime land in towns and cities across the country.
The sale of these properties will fetch billions of dollars and a handsome 6% commission to the company handling the sales. That company belongs to a man named Richard Blum. Who is Richard Blum you ask?
Why the husband of Senator Dianne Feinstein, that's who. What a bunch of crooks we have running this country!
Senator Feinstein and her husband, Richard Blum, stand to make a fortune. His firm, C.R. I., is the sole real estate company offering these properties for sale. Of course, C.R.I. will be making a 6% commission on the sale of each and every one of these postal properties.
All of these properties that are being sold are all fully paid for. They were purchased with U.S. taxpayers dollars, and they are allowed free and clear by the U.S.P.S. The only cost to keep them is the cost to actually keep the doors open and the heat and lights on. The United States Postal Service doesn't even have to pay property taxes on these subject properties. Would you sell your house just because you couldn't afford to pay the electric bill?
Well, the Post Office is.
How does a powerful U.S. Senator from San Francisco manage to get away with such a sweet deal?
A powerful United States Senator's husband is standing by, all ready to make millions from a U.S. taxpayer funded enterprise.
No one in the mainstream media is even raising an eyebrow over his 6% commission on the sale of hundreds of millions of dollar's worth of quasi-public assets.
Pass this info on before it's pulled from the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/blum.asp

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »

her hubby has been mixed up with questionable government deals for years.  it all seems to slide off the senator.  she's a dem, after all.  i guess her supporters just expect this kind of stuff.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Queen Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »

Corruption is a big part of the controlling Party.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:02:35 AM »

Yep, sounds like conflict of interest to me too.  Contract should have gone to another bidder and in bulk like that the commissions should have been negotiated down to 1% for the listing company.

I gotta tell you, I’ve seen some post offices in the middle of nowhere that simply never made sense to begin with.  Lots of tax $ were wasted building such over capacity in the first place.  It costs $ to keep them powered, maintained, insured, and secure.  Much cheaper to unload them for a new use than maintain them.  Maybe somebody other than the politicians can profit from them.
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »

>, I’ve seen some post offices in the middle of nowhere that simply never made sense to begin with.

The US Post Office has always been the physical presence of the US Government in every small town.  Pretty much it has always been the definition of a town.  It was where you went to get the paperwork to apply for your Social Security card, your passport, get your income tax documents, buy your Duck stamp and mail your letters.  That little town with 200 people in it has several thousand people in the surrounding area who are also dependent on that Post Office.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 11:21:56 AM »

Yep, sounds like conflict of interest to me too.  Contract should have gone to another bidder....

You sometimes force me to doubt your claim that your one of those superdooper stock trading business men.  I will however give you the benefit of the doubt. 

The reason I doubt your word is because in this case The "Contract" is a NO BID CONTRACT.   

Because the Senator's husband is a real estate developer, he will now be able to outbid any rival bidder by 6% or more, but the US Treasury will be non the richer, and the Senator and her husband will not be out one penny more. This is a win-win situation for the Senator's real estate developer husband and by extension for herself, but it is a lose-lose situation for the taxpayers, retirees, and for those receiving welfare payments.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »

What’s selling post office realestate got to do with superdooper stock trading. huh

Do real farmers get their apples and oranges mixed up? angel
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 10:45:49 PM »

Do real farmers get their apples and oranges mixed up? angel

Blue, real farmers don't grow Apples in South Florida or Oranges in Washington State, so your question is meaningless. 

I am saying that some of us who I shall allow to remain nameless don't know Jack and Jill or even Dick, Jane, Sally, and Spot about business or else they would have already realized that Feinstein's husband has a non competitive, exclusive, no bid contract, to sell billions of dollars worth of government property and rake in hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars in commissions and accumulated expenses related to the sale of these properties.       
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next