Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 25, 2014, 07:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hero? maybe, but.....  (Read 11829 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »

while you all are still busy making snowden a hero, let me point out the NYT detailed article on how we wereable to hack into non-networked computers in other countries.  this was an important tool that we had, HAD, for tracking things like Irans nuke program.

i say again, if this little self important twerp had cared about getting this info out the right way, i would have been behind him all the way.  what he did should cost him his life (after a trial), certainly his freedom.  russia is welcome to him. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »

Did you not read about the part that whistleblower protection is not granted to government contractors as it is to others?  He told his superiors who were afraid to make waves.
Do you think other nations don't already know what we were doing? Maybe not all, but I bet a lot do.
And what good is it 'tracking" Irans nuc program. We have put policies in place to enhance their efforts.
As long as we are letting foreign nationalists into places like Los Alamos and other such places with high clearances what do we expect?
We gave the Chinese intercontinental missile technology and space flight through Loral. And the Chinese have been caught snooping on our computers for a very long time now. If these genius' at NSA are so responsible, they should be able to shut them down before they intercept anything.
Kathy, you of all people would be the one I thought would be outraged on the infringemnet of personal communications between law abiding citizens, and warrantless searches. Say what you want ,but if they already have all of your data,you have been searched.
Next up, crossfiling all conservatives with gun ownership. Those people just abusing th first and second amendments in the governments eye will be the first rounded up.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »

And Moots, my reference to sending postcards instead of an envelope for expediency in getting a letter to your representative.
 And while we are on the subject of mail, be advised every piece of mail is photographed every step along the way.
Do you wish to live in a surveillance society? I cringe at the thought of it every time I see a highway camera.

Excuse me sir, but before we go any further,are your papers in order?.........

edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »

police
Excuse me sir, but before we go any further,are your papers in order?.........
police

grin hahahaha grin
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »

Did you not read about the part that whistleblower protection is not granted to government contractors as it is to others?  He told his superiors who were afraid to make waves.

BS.  again, he didn't try.  do you think that  a ron paul or rand paul would have ignored him? 

Kathy, you of all people would be the one I thought would be outraged on the infringemnet of personal communications between law abiding citizens, and warrantless searches. Say what you want ,but if they already have all of your data,you have been searched.

i am, to a point.  i have never had an expectation of privacy, so i am probably less surprised than many of you seem to be.

not the point.  we do need to keep control, to the extent we can, of what our government is doing.  we need to know when they are out of bounds.  that said, we can not function if every little two bit malcontent can decide what should and should not be secret.  obviously he was not just trying to let us know what was happening in this country or he would not have spewed the stuff about our international efforts.

do i think other countries know what we are capable of?  they do now.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2014, 08:42:02 PM »

...that said, we can not function if every little two bit malcontent can decide what should and should not be secret. 

Kathy,
Couldn't agree more!  This is the point I've been trying to make since this thread started...

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #206 on: January 27, 2014, 06:35:01 AM »

Down with 'secrets'…..No more secrets……. cool

Had Snowden come forward as some 'think' he should have, we wouldn't have heard about him or none of his released papers, of which much is still waiting in the wings.  That's likely the best reason we can assume that he is still breathing at all. 

Our world's powerful have the capacity and ability to make some folks just disappear (ask me how I know), its done all the time.  I believe that is what would have happened to Snowden had he taken the 'right'  Undecided path…..Historic examples of what happens to those who try to tell the truth are plentiful, particularly those who expose great truths 'hidden' by some form of Authority.

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »

Had Snowden come forward as some 'think' he should have, we wouldn't have heard about him or none of his released papers, of which much is still waiting in the wings.  That's likely the best reason we can assume that he is still breathing at all. 

this is your assumption, based on what?

we'll never know, will we.  he chose to do it the way he did and choices have consequences.

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2014, 02:58:00 PM »

Based on years of government experience investigating and locating people who disappeared, beginning with AWOLS in the military and graduating to the DOD, State and Interior Departments.  I'll admit that the majority of those I sought simply disappeared themselves in order to escape accountability and responsibility for their own actions or behavior, but there were more than a few that led too neatly to conclusions that quickly and suspiciously became dead ends or led away from the likely suspects, many of whom are living large or very well as this is written.  Those cases will likely remain open for a very long time.

Snowden chose the way he did because he KNEW the consequences.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:16:34 AM by T Beek » Logged

edward
Queen Bee

« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »

How many apps have you downloaded ?

NSA and GCHQ target 'leaky' phone apps like Angry Birds to scoop user data

• US and UK spy agencies piggyback on commercial data
• Details can include age, location and sexual orientation
• Documents also reveal targeted tools against individual phones

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/27/nsa-gchq-smartphone-app-angry-birds-personal-data
kathyp
Universal Bee

Re:
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2014, 09:27:22 PM »

Everyone gets info from apps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

Re:
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2014, 05:13:54 AM »

Everyone gets info from apps

Not true.  I don't own a cell phone….and to be honest…I don't even know what an 'app' is  Smiley  ….and don't really want to know……this 'forum' stuff is about all the computer technology I can handle.  Even at minus 26 F, I'd rather be outside or in my shop….

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2014, 05:50:11 PM »

Tbeek,
I had said that earlier in this thread that China and Russia is the only place where he might be safe from a drone strike on a American citizen.If you had already got cold shouldered by his supervisors, maybe he did approach the others. He may have been passed up as a nut,we don't know.And now would any of these people own up and say yeah, he approached me but I brushed it off? Shouldn't our Congressional embers who are supposed to oversee this crap have known? Someone should have. I am not for throwing the Constitution under the bus, you throw this part and that part, you may as well trash the whole thing. If you are content that our elected members of Congress are looking out for us ,why isn't there anything being done about Obamas unilateral action on so much now? There have probably been a few impeachable offenses commited but these guys are doing nothing about it. They sit somewhat quietly on the sidelines saying wait til the next election and then we will do what we were supposed to do. Do you remeber when Republicans regained the House they vowed not to pass anything without Constitutional merit? Hell they won't even force the Executive branch to enforce border control.And now they are conspiring to forgive all the illegals and they still refuse to remove tax monies given illegals from the spending bills. Trust these guy ? Not on your life!!   
Now lest throw this into the mix of what all the NSA snooping can get a private citizen:
A quote:
This is extraordinary. A sitting United States senator is openly discussing how the federal government can use its power to destroy a movement of citizens participating in the political process. And his problem with them? They criticize government.
From this article:
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/60761?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Then lets add that Obama is about to further Imperialize the Presidency tonight in the state of the union address when he assumes the power to write his own minimum wage law.What will Congress do?There action in response may well determine the fate of the free man in this country.   It may well be the fourth wall of the pig trap and the gate closing.
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2014, 05:33:30 AM »

They'll do and will continue to do whatever is necessary to maintain the status quo.  It doesn't matter who occupies the White House or Congress anymore, if it ever did.  Our alleged freedoms are worth little more than paper and ink.  The only thing that matters is the people, those wide awake and those still asleep.

The purpose of our government has been twisted to ignore the plight of average citizens in favor of those who can write (BIG) checks to either party.

IMO; there is little difference in the shenanigans played regardless of which 'party' is in control.  Both (all) are corrupt.  IMO;  Political Parties are obsolete and should be abolished along with the Federal Reserve, the Electoral College and 'private' campaign financing.  (maybe then we can start eliminating LAWYERS too?  laugh)

Party control (political parties in general) must be recognized as part of the illusion that keeps us divided and distracted for the benefit of those pulling the strings in our society.

FYI;  Obama is still below the number of EXECUTIVE ORDERS that Bush signed into law, by roughly 50, but he has some time left  Wink

"Loyalty to Country always,,,,,Loyalty to government, when it deserves it."   Paraphrasing Mark Twain

kathyp
Universal Bee

Re:
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »

It isn't the number.   It's the content.   Kinda like the difference between shoplifting and murder.   grin

Alexis de Tocqueville
T Beek
Super Bee

Re:
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »

It isn't the number.   It's the content.   Kinda like the difference between shoplifting and murder.   grin

Can't argue with that.  Bush gave us wars in Iraq and Afghaniststan.  Obama gave us accessible health care, increased surveillance and drone strikes.  Is that what you mean? 

Personally they BOTH have served the status quo very well so far, I see little difference between them.  Bush might have a 'little more blood' on his hands, but Obama has some time to go yet  Wink.

edward
Queen Bee

« Reply #216 on: January 29, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »

grin lau he has bee nominated for the Nobel Peace prize  grin lau jaw drop

mvh Edward  tongue

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/29/edward-snowden-nominated-nobel-peace-prize
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2014, 06:19:37 AM »

grin lau he has bee nominated for the Nobel Peace prize  grin lau jaw drop

mvh Edward  tongue

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/29/edward-snowden-nominated-nobel-peace-prize

And Obama actually 'received' the Nobel Peace Prize, and many people have regretted the choice ever since.  His actions show he was not deserving then or now.  Snowden only exposed some truths and lies.  Obama has much blood on his hands.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »

Since Obama became President they do not give a daily body count from Afghanistan.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next