Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 22, 2014, 10:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hero? maybe, but.....  (Read 12854 times)
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2013, 05:33:06 PM »

I am going to do something strange here. It is called giving a direct answer to a direct question. My hope is some others will learn how.

do you think that those who testify against this admin about other things are in less danger?
Yes.
 There are still files that haven't been released. From what I can gather those files right now are set to be released if Snowden dies. I think he knows that information is enough to get him killed. If not, why hold it? He may not have known it when he took it, IDK. But it looks to me like whatever is undisclosed could be enough to scare him into seeking refuge.
I could be completely wrong but it will take convincing evidence to change my thoughts.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2013, 06:49:59 AM »

What Snowden released is just the tip of the iceberg. He was careful about what he released. He has thousands if not millions of documents. Turns out they even gave him a location for snooping that did not track what he was doing on the NSA's servers. Seems the NSA spies on everyone but it's own hackers.
  Hjon, you are most likely correct in assuming he would have just vanished from the face of the earth if he went the standard whistleblower route because of the fact he knew way too much.
Think back about Vince Foster in the Clinton administrations Whitewater days. And this was small potatoes to what the NSA is inflicting upon the citizenry without consent of the "governed".
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »

Here is an attempt at humour by the ACLU .It would be funnier if there were not so much truth to it.
The NSA is coming to town:
The NSA is Coming to Town

And on a more disturbing front, look at what technology Google is buying through acquisition of defense contractors. Robocop is on the horizon for all you doubters out there.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/google-buys-eight-robot-companies-including-military-contractor-1.1596455

The Cheetah in another video:
Google acquires Boston Dynamics which created Robots like Cheetah, Atlas, Petman and Big Dog.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »

The potential for abuse is evident in all new tech. I wouldn't jump straight there though when so much potential good is available from it. I know I'm a dreamer Undecided
Why is Google a player? First guess is money. After that who knows.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2013, 04:48:38 PM »

Hjon, many of the robotics are from military contractors that google purchased. My guess is that this is 'old" technology they were able to take with them. The military may have stuff far more advanced than the "Cheetah".  The robotics program has a very liberal budget under direction of the man who cocreated the Android platform Andy Rubin. Tie together that google has so many location based information systems, maps and connections to almost every mobile device out there and they could be the operators of a Robocop division just by the data they keep. Conspiracy theory I know, but out of the realm of possibility?    
i think not.
  Perhaps Snowden can tell us!!! grin grin
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »

Haha Maybe he could...

Robocops Yikes.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2013, 06:25:36 AM »

Does it not concern you that they will know every one that you have met with just by tracking where your cell travels and when a group of cell users gather at the same place? You think it is beyond the realm of possibilities that they could even remotely activate any audio or video device that is coonected to the web and listen to what goes on in your home? It is not hard to do these hacks.  And did you ever see any power the government has not be abused?  People need to be aware of the "cost" of security. Liberties taken are rarely returned by Big Brother.

Seems I am correct on the hot mic access to every citizen carrying a smart phone. You can bet they have infected laptops as well as home computers. make ya feel safe in your own home? We all know government does not abuse it's capabilities.  Think back about any scenario you had a electronic device in a room with you that you thought was a private setting. Does it bother you someone could have been listening, or better yet watching if it was armed with a camera.
 Those of you with the new xboxes that have facial recognition software and internet access, does it make you feel like unplugging  them when not in use? When someone walks into your house, does it bother you that  the camera may transmit to the snoops who has been in your home? 
  It may be time for a great American tech out day or week where we just turn off all of the spy capable crap right down to catching a ride in a car without tracking services built in. The cash for clunkers scam makes ,more sense now in hind sight. Eliminate all the cars not filled with complicated buggable electronics.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/12/30/the-nsa-reportedly-has-total-access-to-your-iphone/
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »

Well said Buzzbee and so true. I'm on the same page.
The snoop-ability of today's tech is not a coincidence IMO. I recommend factory resetting devices at least twice a year if not more often. It is oh so easy to pick up malware. And the latest info about NSA hacking iOs with a 100% success rate should be disconcerting.  Is Apple in bed with the ABC depts. or a victim? No proof yet but I have a suspicion ...
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2014, 03:58:16 AM »

Does it bother you someone could have been listening, or better yet watching
Not really; I can’t imagine someone bored enough to watch what I do all day. laugh  My last name isn’t Kardashian.
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2014, 06:41:38 AM »

I can’t imagine someone bored enough to watch what I do all day.

This is true for most of us.

But they save information on everybody even the uninteresting, one day you might beecome interesting and then they will drag it all out  Wink

mvh Edward  tongue
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #190 on: January 01, 2014, 08:15:30 AM »

Blue,
The point is that the capability for a warrantless invasion of your daily activities is possible by the government. When they control all the data collected on the individual they can also manipulate all the data in a case against a citizen. The citizen most likely would not have access to the same database for the purpose of defending themselves as this most likely would be a "national security issue" allowing someone to see their own profiles. You know, they may tell people all that has been collected. There is likely not one person on this planet that could not be tried on something by pulling select "data" and having it used against them. If the government is the collector, prosecutor and arbiter of what a defendant can access to defend themselves, the populace is in deep trouble.
 You may have a boring life of things the government may seem not to be interested in, but in the grand scheme of things they most likely will be able to manufacture their own data and insert into the files to achieve whatever goal they may have. You will have little defense against any tyrannical vendetta.

The digital age is a dangerous time without proper oversight by the citizenry. History can easily be altered for those that pay no attention.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »

Moots,
In response to this in another forum area"

_orry guys, I was going under the assumption that most on here already believe that the government has satellite images of our hives as well as possibly audio and video of our hive inspections via our smart phones...All tucked away in their Beekeeper database.   grin

But hey, maybe instead they've simply subscribed to this thread, or worse yet, planted BeeDog as a mole into this forum to extract this "sensitive" information from us.  laugh".

Did you ever see these articles? This stuff is more easily deployed against the US citizens than against terrorists. Terrorism is a mindset not always able to be "decrypted' after being intercepted. I believe more useful info was gathered by water boarding than what has been spent on all the other stuff.
If Bin Laden was actually disposed of, it came from information gathered at Gitmo.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-seeks-to-build-quantum-computer-that-could-crack-most-types-of-encryption/2014/01/02/8fff297e-7195-11e3-8def-a33011492df2_story.html

The Fed as it stands now does not  believe you should be able to have any communication without their knowledge of its content. And they are deploying ever more tactics to acquire it.
Think about it, if you want to write a represenative in Washington, it needs to be through e-mail or onm a postcard so the contents are easily photographed by the postal system. Anything sent to a represenative in an envelope is a "suspicious" item.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:45:01 AM by buzzbee » Logged
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2014, 05:13:56 AM »

Quote from a cartoon, (Judge talking to Snowdon):

"Don't you realize that exposing the illegal things your government has been doing is illegal?"

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:29 AM »

grin
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2014, 06:35:35 AM »

Quote from a cartoon, (Judge talking to Snowdon):

"Don't you realize that exposing the illegal things your government has been doing is illegal?"

I love it….Thanks for the belly laugh!

"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2014, 02:55:11 AM »

I would laugh if it weren't completely TRUE.  Undecided
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2014, 04:52:28 AM »

I would laugh if it weren't completely TRUE.  Undecided

Oh my….because its true is why I laugh  laugh  Truth doesn't always have to hurt, sometimes its downright funny.  Particularly whenever human folly is involved.  Humans are the funniest species on the planet IMO.

buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »

Snowden speaks:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/23/snowden-live-chat-obama-security/4796863/
T Beek
Super Bee

« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2014, 08:14:42 AM »

Thanks for the post.  Bad timing caused me to miss the live feed.  He brings up many points that are rarely if ever heard on mainstream media, just one of the reasons he's been so demonized I suspect.

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »

...Anything sent to a represenative in an envelope is a "suspicious" item.

Buzz,
While I'll admit it's a sad state of affairs...Considering the realities of the world we live in and the anthrax mailings post 9/11, can you really blame a representative for wanting all mail treated as "suspicious"?

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next