Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 05:05:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hero? maybe, but.....  (Read 11690 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2013, 11:38:32 PM »

that was always hinky.  some old couple just happened to have the knowledge and tech to do that and just happened to get that phone call?

Maybe they were bee keepers   cheesy
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »

Maybe they were bee keepers

now, yes.  then, no.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2013, 09:25:59 AM »

It only gets bigger. I would strongly recommend the idea of using the internet cautiously anymore. It may even be logical to keep family photos and copies of important documents on computers that have zero access to any type of internet access.No cables or wireless of any sort.
.Hard copy photos have fallen by the wayside for the most part,but may become a necessity at some point.
  Can you imagine if they decide to change history by selectively wiping out all digitally stored data? Even as far as photos to remove someones identity. The Feds have the capability to make it happen if you think about it.  People need to wake up and be aware of what the governments out to protect us are capable of doing to any citizen though manipulation of their digital data. I think the "bad guys" may be those sworn to uphold the Constitution but refuse to do so. Snowden may have given up some secrets,but look at all that has taken place since to distract us from what the government has done to the people it is to serve. Hardly a coincidence in timing in my opinion.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/06/yahoo-nsa-gchq-decryption-abuse
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/nsa-gchq-encryption-codes-security

Now some will say it is necessary, even though it does constitute a warrantless search of US citizens who have their personal records gone through from banking,to emails to medical records. Trampling on the Bill of Rights for our own protection is a fast track to a more tyrannical government than what we have now.Incrementalism has it's rewards for those that wish to deny the protections written into our founding documents.
  It is just so easy for people to trust others to take care of their well being and having no personal responsibility.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »

In my opinion, it is too late. ALL our rights have been removed and we are no longer under the constitution or the bill of rights.

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED by U.S. Presidents in the recent 100 years+/-:

Teddy Roosevelt - 3

All Others until FDR - 0

FDR - 11 in 16 years

Truman - 5 in 7 years

Ike - 2 in 8 years

Kennedy - 4 in 3 years

LBJ - 4 in 5 years

Nixon - 1 in 6 years

Ford - 3 in 2 years

Carter - 3 in 4 years

Reagan - 5 in 8 years

Bush - 3 in 4 years

Clinton - 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush - 62 in 8 years

Obama - 923 in 3 1/2 years!

If you don't get the implications you're not paying attention. Very Scary.

923 Executive Orders in 40 Months

During my lifetime, all Presidents have issued Executive Orders. For various reasons, some have issued more than others.

YES, THERE IS A REASON THAT THE PRESIDENT IS DETERMINED TO TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE.

Even some Democrats in the House have turned on him, plus a very small number of Democrat Senators have questioned him. Rightfully so - WHAT IS OBAMA REALLY TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?Huh

Remember what he told Russia 's Putin: "I'll be more flexible after I'm re-elected".

What did Congress do in those 40 months?

(The House - considerable. The Senate ? almost nothing, not even a budget nor allow any House Bill to be considered.)

Now look at these:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the registration of all persons. Postmaster General to operate a national registration.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Feel free to verify the "executive orders" at will.....and these are just the major ones. I'm sure you've all heard the tale of the "Frog in the Pot"... Watch Obama's actions, not his words! By his actions he will show you where America is headed.

Just this week, Obama has issued a new executive order that seeks to "harmonize" U.S. economic regulations with the rest of the world. This new executive order is yet another incremental step that is pushing us closer to a North American Union and a one world economic system.

Unfortunately, most Americans have absolutely no idea what is happening.

The American people need to understand that Barack Obama is constantly looking for ways to integrate the United States more deeply with the rest of the world.

The globalization of the world economy has accelerated under Obama, and this latest executive order represents a fundamental change in U.S. economic policy.  Now federal regulators will be required to "harmonize" their work with the international community.

If THIS IS DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE, THEN PROVE TO YOURSELF if IT'S WRONG - Google it!!!!!

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2013, 07:37:06 AM »

TheClinton administration was famous for working with  databases,so perhaps this is the Internet the Al Gore invented.

Oblio13
House Bee

« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:02 AM »

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ISSUED by U.S. Presidents in the recent 100 years+/-:

Teddy Roosevelt - 3

All Others until FDR - 0

FDR - 11 in 16 years

Truman - 5 in 7 years

Ike - 2 in 8 years

Kennedy - 4 in 3 years

LBJ - 4 in 5 years

Nixon - 1 in 6 years

Ford - 3 in 2 years

Carter - 3 in 4 years

Reagan - 5 in 8 years

Bush - 3 in 4 years

Clinton - 15 in 8 years

George W. Bush - 62 in 8 years

Obama - 923 in 3 1/2 years!

If you don't get the implications you're not paying attention. Very Scary.

923 Executive Orders in 40 Months...

If THIS IS DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE, THEN PROVE TO YOURSELF if IT'S WRONG - Google it!!!!!

I Googled it. All those numbers seem to be wrong.

FDR signed 3,522.

George Bush Jr. signed 291

Obama has signed 157

I think what's in the Executive Orders matters a great deal more than how many they sign. I agree that we're running downhill towards totalitarianism.
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2013, 09:52:59 AM »

Those orders only carry as much power as we the people allow. All those orders require citizens to carry them out, I for one will not comply.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »

I see now that the NSA has been caught recording the cell calls of German chancellor Angela Merkel. Here is another case of Obama and "I knew nothing".
I heard him say on the MSM that these operations will become more transparent, yeah right, like his administration promised to be the most transparent.
When he talks of transparency, you can bet more freedoms will be lost. After denying freedom of the press with threatening reporters and suing them, I can see where this transparency is going. They have left so much other stuff blow up that the issue of spying on all citizens went to the back burner, as well as Benghazi, Egypt and every other thing that is mucked up by incompetence and leftist agenda.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2013, 06:50:21 PM »

i am not to concerned about spying on other countries.  that's been going on since biblical times.  even the spooks from those other countries said it was not a big deal.  they do the same.

i do wonder why we bother to have obama as president because near as i can tell, he never know anything about anything.  what the heck is he there for, anyway?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2013, 07:01:08 PM »

As transparent as 1 inch plate steel. I sure hope his chickens come home to roost soon, before it's too late.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2013, 07:24:20 PM »

The constant surveillance of the citizenry is something to be feared.They are constantly accessing our email address books ,buddy lists and all the metadata and content of phone calls to have a profile on each and every one of us.Now they have much more access to our credit card data to see where we use our cards,what we buy and how much we spend. All in the name of better monitoring the credit agencies. People are sheeple!
 I wonder how much data they save on our travels with GM cars that have the onstar system? I am betting a bunch. I get a vehicle report every month form onstar, I wonder who else does?
 I think anyone with even the least suspicion of government knows this stuff goes on, but it takes things like a Snowden leak and the Guardian newpaper to make us all aware of the depths to which we are the subjects of those we send to represent us.
As Earl Pitts says:WAKE UP AMERICA
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »

Sadly there is also a country in Scandinavia that has been helping the US and the United Kingdom  Sad in there intelligence gathering  Sad

mvh Edward  tongue
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »

right, but we are now talking about spying on other countries, right?  we have always done that.  they have always done that.

and i don't care what snowden did.  he needs to have his backside in a deep dark cell for a very long time. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2013, 07:21:01 AM »

As long as we have a Congress that ignores it's responsibility of over site and a secret court that overlooks the constitution,and a runaway agency that doesn't listen even when the secret court tries to reel them in, people like Snowden may be the only way the people will ever know of the injustices done against them.With the patriot act being invoked,private internet providers can not even tell people they were approached for private data of their customers.
 A fair trial from those he exposed would never be possible.He exposed tyranny and that can not be tolerated by this government.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »

he needs to have his backside in a deep dark cell for a very long time. 

emphasis added...+1

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »

the next guy that takes it upon himself to break the law in our interest, may cause one of mine to be killed.  fine, he thought we needed to know.  now he can pay the price for his actions.  he can comfort himself with the belief that he did what he thought was right.

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »

And with the way things happen when you blow the whistle through the proper channels the outcome for him may not have been much different for him. The people needed a rude awakening on how the spying business has evolved since the days of J edgar.  I will never accept with total blindness that what the government does against it's own citizens in the spy business is all okay because we 'need" all this info. With all the metadata they are gathering they can put any citizen within three to four degrees of seperation away from any criminal activity they see fit. And the way things are going, it could start landing a lot of people in prison under the premise of "public safety". You better keep your eye on the bigger picture of what is happening with this data collection.
 They have been actively gathering all email and social program buddy lists and comparing the contacts of friends of friends of innocent citizens in this country. If that sits well with you , so be it, as that is just what the NSA and other agencies would prefer. Everything he brought to light about warrantless searches does not sit well with me.He may not have gone through the proper channels, but neither have the creeps running the spy agencies. If they are running afoul of the law with no accounatbility,why should the whistleblower be held to account.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »

You better keep your eye on the bigger picture of what is happening with this data collection.
 They have been actively gathering all email and social program buddy lists and comparing the contacts of friends of friends of innocent citizens in this country. If that sits well with you , so be it, as that is just what the NSA and other agencies would prefer.

it does not, but i have never had an expectation of privacy, so i can't say it makes much difference to my attitude about things.

why should the whistleblower be held to account.

because he broke the law and didn't even try to do it the right way.  because he's hailed as a hero, along with the little POS manning, and this is a very dangerous precedent to set.  because there are secret to be kept and it's not ok for some little twerp to make the determination that spewing that info is in our best interest or is his/her right.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »

And with the way things happen when you blow the whistle through the proper channels the outcome for him may not have been much different for him. The people needed a rude awakening on how the spying business has evolved since the days of J edgar.  I will never accept with total blindness that what the government does against it's own citizens in the spy business is all okay because we 'need" all this info. With all the metadata they are gathering they can put any citizen within three to four degrees of seperation away from any criminal activity they see fit. And the way things are going, it could start landing a lot of people in prison under the premise of "public safety". You better keep your eye on the bigger picture of what is happening with this data collection.
 They have been actively gathering all email and social program buddy lists and comparing the contacts of friends of friends of innocent citizens in this country. If that sits well with you , so be it, as that is just what the NSA and other agencies would prefer. Everything he brought to light about warrantless searches does not sit well with me.He may not have gone through the proper channels, but neither have the creeps running the spy agencies. If they are running afoul of the law with no accounatbility,why should the whistleblower be held to account.

Buzz,
To summarize, you're upset that the NSA is breaking the law, but not upset that Snowden broke the law...You think the NSA should be held accountable, but not Snowden!  grin

Not sure I'm following the logic.  huh

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2013, 07:41:14 PM »

Nope, it seems the people that want to hang Snowden are willing to  give the NSA a pass. Have you contacted your represenatatives and let them know what you think of the Gestapo actions of the NSA and constant surveillance of the general population? I have several times. And will continue to do so. This needs to be unraveled as quickly as Obamacare. We may need to completely shut it down to fix it.
With all the information they gathered and even had reports and notifications about the Boston marathon bombers for which they had the intelligence, and did nothing about it, is a telling story in itself.Allowing it to happen furthers the cause of needing to gather even more data on our people. It may even be part of what made Snowden decide to do what he did.
The NSA is more interested in gathering data on citizens and using terrorism as a cover.With all the data they collect, even Benghazi should have been prevented. Something dirty is happening and it will take someone with guts to show it for what it is.  Hopefully it won't be too late.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next