Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Do you feel safe  (Read 1734 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Do you feel safe
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
I've always stated I'm pro marijuana for many reason, especially health issues - I wish my mother were open minded enough to have tried it, I know her quality of life would have been so much better: it just sucks to hurt all the time.

That said, we now have Colorado, Washington State, Oregon, Alaska and Washington DC all legalizing pot and yes availability is way up, but cost is too - mainly taxes and of course quality surpasses anything from a generation before.

But it is a booming business, sadly an all cash business and dispensaries are finding it impossible to get their money into banks and instead buying massive safes to hold literally million and millions of dollars in cash.

So tell me this: a few days ago, Obama comes out in support of the new DC law allowing 2 ounces per person for personal use. He wanted Sanjay Gupta as Surgeon General - Sanjay rejected the job but has turned pot advocate and Obama has come out of the pot closet to support legalization.

Doubtful the Republicans will ever Federally Legalize it (unless you lock them in chambers and pump smoke in the HVAC system and put some Pink Floyd on) then maybe this country will save billions on imprisoning pot users, destroying their lives and use that prison space for those who deserve to be in there.

All the states need to get on AT LEAST the decriminalize band wagon - that's a start. I know we have nearly half the states now where medically it is accepted, I just wonder if in my lifetime we'll see this country grow up and make use of this miracle plant - somewhere we seem to have forgotten that most all medications come from plants - can't the alcohol lobbyists finally admit that there is plenty of room for both. Alcohol today is the cigarettes of the 90s, the deaths are adding up, lives ruined, families destroyed - all because of alcohol abuse and addiction. I have just never seen stats concerning pot that leads to such devastation.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Field Bee
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2014, 10:20:47 AM »
Yes, and the thing about pot is if you OD, you just go to sleep

But watch the big tobacco or liquor companies step in an take over the business once it's legal.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
Deer season with conventional firearms ends today. Seems I survived another season,pheww!!
Comparing gun accidents to the Ebola scare? Not even comparable Blue. I don't know of any bullet that has stopped after hitting something to be spread by the object that was hit. An epidemic and accident are far different.
Perhaps you were willing to house someone in your home exposed to this virus?  You do know in many of the infected areas in the African continent that would would quarantine complete villages and threaten to kill those that tried to break the barrier? Perhaps those that have experienced a large scale outbreak know something about the most effective way to stop the spread?

I don't think defending the citizenry of the US from a very communicable disease is paranoia. Unless you care more about the foreign nationalists than US citizens. 

Oh dang, I hear more shooting on the mountainside behind my house. I need to take cover now, I'll be back after dark.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Field Bee
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »
We need to go easy on Blue.  He keeps things interesting, after all.  And gives the rest of us an easy "target," since he never seems to move.  Occasionally, he comes up with an interesting point.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
Deer season with conventional firearms ends today. Seems I survived another season,pheww!!
Comparing gun accidents to the Ebola scare? Not even comparable Blue. I don't know of any bullet that has stopped after hitting something to be spread by the object that was hit. An epidemic and accident are far different.
Perhaps you were willing to house someone in your home exposed to this virus?  You do know in many of the infected areas in the African continent that would would quarantine complete villages and threaten to kill those that tried to break the barrier? Perhaps those that have experienced a large scale outbreak know something about the most effective way to stop the spread?

I don't think defending the citizenry of the US from a very communicable disease is paranoia. Unless you care more about the foreign nationalists than US citizens. 

Oh dang, I hear more shooting on the mountainside behind my house. I need to take cover now, I'll be back after dark.

Already closed? Dang we haven't even hit the rut. We have till Jan 31

Keith

anything