Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 21, 2014, 12:01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated 12-12-14 donations link -even easier donation options  (Read 197 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: December 08, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »

Hi all:

You may have noticed a significant change in our donations button at the top right of each page - finally we are able to accept credit cards, something many members have asked for for nearly a decade.

For years now we have only had two ways to contribute to the forum, Paypal and personal check. Over the years many of you have been able to gift funds to the forum through these two ways and to each of you, thank you for your support - often several times from our core supporters.

Finally, I can say we have a credit card feature through Paypal's system in which most all credit cards are accepted if you wish to contribute to Beemaster Forums. All payment options are now on one page.

I hope that this upgrade in our forum fund management makes it easier for those of you who want to help, but are not Paypal members. The details of what we use the funds for has also been updated on the donations page as well.

If the forum has been valuable to you and you have the ability to help - please think of us as we continue to always bring you the only beekeeping forum without advertisements or sponsors - we keep a family friendly and well moderated place to let your entire family learn and share about beekeeping and make friends in our wonderful group.

Thank you for reading this. I'll be placing it in the General and Coffee House Forums and hope you check out our new page.

UPDATE - now there is a single page layout for the easiest donation process. It has improved since a week ago when it was initiated.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:02:05 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:45:38 AM »

John,
Good info. When it first came on line, I opened it and thought "Nuts, it is still PayPal" but tried it anyway because you said it wasn't.
It is a good addition.
Jim

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 02:30:04 PM »

Thanks Jim

I know Paypal wants their members to use their services - but as a way to keep members on their site I assume the needed to open up credit cards as well - which they make a small profit on as well, so they surely didn't hurt themselves in any way.

I know finding the link for the credit card section was an issue, they don't go out of their way to make it obvious, so I thought nothing beats pictorials which explain it far better than I can.

Thank you again,

John

Follow us on TWITTER

sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:30 PM »

No, thank you for a great forum.

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain
GSF
Super Bee

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »

ditto Jim

There's no telling how much money I would have had to spend if I had to pay for the amount of learning I got here. There's no one classroom that can compete with the experience from this forum.

"Life is hard, It's even harder when you're stupid."

John Wayne
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »

Thanks guys. As you likely know we have several repeat members who truly push the envelop by supporting us several times through the years - as you mentioned Gary, I believe they have seen a cost and learning benefit both by having such a great collective of beekeepers here.

We all know there are several great bee forums out there, all have a "theme" some are very scientific, others heavily have trading and bee supply sales - and that is all fine and works for them, I just never wanted anyone here to get involved in a Craig's List free-for-all on who ripped-off who, what supply companies suck, who got gypped on queens and bees: none of that was ever my intention early on and although it took awhile for people to realize that they can go to as many forums as these wish, when you come here, our goal is learning and sharing beekeeping and making a community that can exist BEYOND the hobby. Now, people understand the vision and it works beautifully.

I want to share this, because of this topic: yesterday we had a first time contributor who may have used the credit card option - Paypal keeps all that stuff very secret, as they should, but I do have an email address and will be writing in a few minutes to thank them. - I hope if they are readying this, they realize without saying your gift will go far in supporting the forum and for everyone, I thank you.

I can't help but add, we have some exciting improvements coming very soon - I have been secretive about something for awhile (it's driving Annette crazy - lol) but very soon a few announcements are coming - all very positive stuff for the members and crew at Beemaster.

So there it was, another mystery peek at the fact that improvements are coming that will better the forums functionality without compromising anything and also a positive  announcement that is long over due. Enough teasing - 2015 will be a wonderful year.

Thank you all Smiley

Follow us on TWITTER

beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »

I modified the first post after seeing that both Credit Card and Paypal options are on a single page not - here is the new page you go directly too - no more searching for that continue link!

Follow us on TWITTER

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next