Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 06:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: But BLUE...Don't they know the market is UP?  (Read 1008 times)
Moots
Queen Bee

« on: June 05, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »

According to economist at UCLA in their quarterly Anderson report:

"It's not a recovery,"..."It's not even normal growth. It's bad."

LINK to full article in Los Angeles Times!

When a liberal rag like the LA Times will print this...You know it has to be bad!  Although, I have no doubt it was probably buried below the fold on page 20 or something... Smiley

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »

i read the report. not sure i agree with all of their reasoning, but they have come to the same conclusion that most of us reached many months ago.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Better.to.Bee.than.not
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 02:49:39 PM »

it isn't even that there isn't recovery.....all economic cycles have ups and downs that is why they are cycles.....the worst situation ever, will still have times where it gains back lost ground periodically. The issue with this administration being so lousy is simply the weakness in the recovery as well as it being built on things that are not really that solid. IE merely because you havent had a job for a year, and suddenly you get a job mowing a lawn and make $20 compared to making nothing before, does not mean you are in a recovery really. If people want to get a idea of what is going on, they should imo take a look not at the u1-6 unemployment figures, which are really fake...they should instead look at the labor participation rate. none of them are really correct, because there are way to many things unreported, but it still gives a good idea about how things are. The labor participation rate is simply the percentage of people who are able and of age to work, that ARE involved in the labor force at all. so if you take that percentage and remove it from 100% you then have the REAL unemployment number, as that is all the people who are NOT in the labor force, and thus all those who are unemployed. Of course this doesn't specify the economy or its strength per say, it is merely one indicator of the countries health.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

note in 2003 it was 66.4% participation in the labor force......note after 911 it went down but then recovered back to 66.4% prior to the democrats taking majority in 2007. note it went nothing but downhill from that point onward really.....and specifically since 2009 when obama took office. and note what it is today.... 63.3 a loss of 3.1% participation in the labor force.....3.1% of the countries population of 315,000,000 roughly or 9,765,000 people..... also note the url above is from a .gov site, not some third party bias site or made up figures. this is directly from the BLS. Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »

One of the reasons the recovery is weak IMO is the fact the politicians (mostly Republicans, but Dems too) have sold out US manufacturing to Asia.  Now we don’t build much, we just buy from Asia and keep them employed.  So when a cycle starts a recovery like Better says, we don’t really benefit too much because the new jobs are in Asia making more stuff.   

“Despite the less-than-rosy outlook for the U.S., California's economic picture is brighter in large part because of demand for California goods”.  I wonder if Fox Creek read that line. Smiley
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 12:45:01 AM »

One of the reasons the recovery is weak IMO is the fact the politicians (mostly Republicans, but Dems too) have sold out US manufacturing to Asia.  Now we don’t build much, we just buy from Asia and keep them employed.  So when a cycle starts a recovery like Better says, we don’t really benefit too much because the new jobs are in Asia making more stuff.  

“Despite the less-than-rosy outlook for the U.S., California's economic picture is brighter in large part because of demand for California goods”.  I wonder if Fox Creek read that line. Smiley

Yes BB you are correct. It would appear Ca. is in the black. I saw this on the news yesterday. I went into a minor shock. .....Then I came to my senses.   Lets tell the whole story.    

Number 1)   Brown did insist on some cuts in spending. I'm sure this helped.  Both Brown and I see the problem coming!...No wait...its already here. The Demos in Sacramento are demanding, they want to spend the surplus....yep...you read that correctly. J. Brown said he would resist, as he realizes the need to save. Unfortunately the Demos in Sac. have the power. All the power. Trust me they will get their way.

Number 2)  Taxes....and more taxes... Brown and the rest of the Demos in Sac. have taxed the crap out of everyone and everything. Businesses continue to leave in droves. I would bet, I know personally, fifty or more retired cops along with others who have left and headed North and North- east. We may be doing the same.

So, BB. When the Demos spend what little they have. (not their money of course, its ours) When Ca. is back in the red. They will again raise taxes and......well, you know....". Liberalism is great, till you run out of other ...."..... You know the rest.
Better.to.Bee.than.not
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »

One of the reasons the recovery is weak IMO is the fact the politicians (mostly Republicans, but Dems too) have sold out US manufacturing to Asia.  Now we don’t build much, we just buy from Asia and keep them employed.  So when a cycle starts a recovery like Better says, we don’t really benefit too much because the new jobs are in Asia making more stuff.  

“Despite the less-than-rosy outlook for the U.S., California's economic picture is brighter in large part because of demand for California goods”.  I wonder if Fox Creek read that line. Smiley

so your idea is to what, prevent people from leaving or going elsewhere and force them as if they were slaves to not get the best deal they can by going elsewhere? thought this was America for a second and we were all free, and could actually do things with our own property instead of just do what other people want us to do for their benefit for a second..... Tell me, if you are not allowed to do what you want with your own stuff, and others can come along and take your money from you, merely because they decide they need it for something...do you actually even own anything ever?

In another thread someone said it perfectly...America the land of the free where we cannot even own chickens that anyone else in a 3rd world nation can own freely....something is wrong with this picture..... You cannot put up iron bars and force business to not do business outside the US, merely because you want to as a union force them to play by your rules. if people do not want a product, they are free not to buy it, for what ever reasons.....but do not see all these liberals not buying cell phones, tablets, computers from the big business they constantly condemn for doing business and providing it for them to buy.

republicans are not in any way shape or form to blame for any of this really. the clintons were and still are in bed with china, heck the chinese govt. officials gave them 'as a gift' almost a million dollars in furniture, as well as other things.... but most of all, since 2007 the democrats have been in majority. Prior to 2011 they were in a super majority even....with enough members in congress (60) to bypass any filibuster or opposition from republicans....4 whole years in super majority, controlling both houses of congress and then later controlling all three branches while in majority..... and even now the republicans are only slightly in majority in the house. folks can make as much excuses as they wish, but it is clear what happened when democrats gained majority and super majority in 2007, and it wasn't good thats for sure.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

One of the reasons the recovery is weak IMO is the fact the politicians (mostly Republicans, but Dems too) have sold out US manufacturing to Asia.

first, please explain this reasoning.  then, assuming you can do that, what do you think should be done to entice business to stay in the US and manufacture goods?
i don't care that you blame republicans for everything.  you are not always completely wrong.  it is good if you can tel us why you blame a particular group for whatever is going on. 

“Despite the less-than-rosy outlook for the U.S., California's economic picture is brighter in large part because of demand for California goods”.  I wonder if Fox Creek read that line.

unfortunately for CA, not true.  and not good enough anyway.  CA has had 3 things going for it besides tourism.  1.  the military.  since the military is shrinking and we have fewer and fewer ships, the + economic impact of the military is being reduced.
2.  high tech.  high tech is now leaving the state in search of lower taxes, fewer regulations, lower power and fuel costs.  google built it's new humongous server farm in oregon.
3. agriculture.  this is still a strong one, but it is impacted by higher costs and cheaper imports.  the more CA regulates and mandates higher taxes and business costs, the cheaper it becomes to import from places like mexico.  + fuel costs are killing farmers...except corn farmers, who are producing fuel corn.

that leaves a fairly strong service industry, but those are lower paid workers.  as the taxes go up, the higher income people leave.  the tax base shrinks.  many of those lower income workers take services from the state without putting money in, and it won't take long for CA to be back in trouble.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »

the recovery is weak IMO [because] the politicians (mostly Republicans, but Dems too) have sold out US manufacturing to Asia...  Now we don’t build much, we just buy from Asia and keep them employed... 

Despite the less-than-rosy outlook for the U.S., California's economic picture is brighter ...because of demand for California goods...

Blue, you make it sound like Chinese Cooley labor is unable to compete with California's illegal alien labor. 

Blue, the truth that you fail to grasp is that anyone would be a fool to hire employees in either Kalifornia or Michigan if they could get out of doing so. 

Please tell us again how well Government Motors of Shangahi is doing.

To help us understand your statement about GM selling Chinese autos in Kansas, which of the following 7 GM brands took the place of the GM Saturn, Pontiac, or Oldsmobile?  Was it  Baojun, Holden, Isuzu, Jie Fang, Wuling, Opel, or Vauxhall?   
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »

One of the reasons the recovery is weak IMO is the fact the politicians (mostly Republicans, but Dems too) have sold out US manufacturing to Asia.  Now we don’t build much, we just buy from Asia and keep them employed.  So when a cycle starts a recovery like Better says, we don’t really benefit too much because the new jobs are in Asia making more stuff.   

“Despite the less-than-rosy outlook for the U.S., California's economic picture is brighter in large part because of demand for California goods”.  I wonder if Fox Creek read that line. Smiley

Well Bluebee, "there they go again"!....The leftist maniacs in Sacramento along with J. Brown voted today to increase spending! That's right! They taxed the holy crap out of us and now want to spend the little we have left! I knew it....I knew the leftist couldn't stand to see Ca. in the black! Simply amazing!
Carol
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »

The higher the market goes the farther it can fall....I wonder if Soros is helping creat a great way to have another crash...panic in the streets...marshal law...all just before the elections in Nov 2014.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next