The hive is: bottom tray-deep-deep-excluder-super.
There has been for a couple years a hole drilled in the upper deep, but this year no bees use it. I think over winter they waxed around it and it is sealed.
This morning I drilled 4 holes at the ends of a board, placed it across the bottom openings and hooked bungee cords around the hive, with the hooks in the four holes. Now there are no bottom entrances, they are sealed with the board. I also drilled two more holes in the lower edge of the super. One hole has a plastic landing platform. Now the bees can only exit and enter via the 3 holes in the super.
I do not open or mess with anything in the two deeps, that is left to whatever they will do. I never take honey frames from the deeps. Looking into it from the top, it is a jumble of wax, all the frames are stuck together. I tried to move one frame last year and the top bar pretty much broke off, and the frame did not budge. Now I just leave the deeps alone, everything is stuck good.
I'm going to leave the bottom entrances sealed for 3 days and see what happens. Hopefully when I remove the sealing board, they will have acquired a new habit of using the holes in the super, and some will still come and go from there. If not, I may try the suggestion to stack the hive: bottom tray-super-excluder-deep-deep, and see how that works.