Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 02, 2014, 06:53:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refresher Course  (Read 406 times)
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« on: May 21, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »

Wheewww, I've not been too active in the Coffee House lately as I have taken the opportunity to be outside as much as possible now that the weather has broken. But looking over some of these posts and the nitpicking back and forth,perhaps a refresher in some of the rules:

1) Showing your passion on Non-Beekeeping topics is fine - insulting other people's views is not!
2) Agreeing to Disagree is an honorable thing when you simply don't see "eye to eye" on topics.
3) Making a fool out of yourself does nothing except make a fool out of yourself.
4) Think twice before posting, getting posts pulled is never a good thing in any forum.
5) Respect other opinions, especially when you totally disagree, assume THEY believe in what they are stating.
6) Fighting will get you booted and banned - so be kind and passionate, but be respectful.

That wasn't so tough was it. We are family oriented. Which (as far as the Coffee House goes) I think it YOUR RSPONCIBILITY to keep the kiddies out - not ours. But that does not mean arguments are okay, it only means the subject matter may be a bit more heated than the typical kid needs to hear. But rest assured, it better be kept clean enough for our youngest members, that is a given and must be followed by all.

And heres a big one from the forum bylaws at the top of the main forum page:

RULE 2) BE KIND and INTERACT, NOT REACT. AGREE TO DISAGREE EVEN IF ATTACKED BY ANOTHER MEMBER - WE WILL HANDLE THE OTHER MEMBER.

If you don't agree with someone's view, EXPRESS your views rather than tear down theirs. You have the option on EVERY POST to report that post to Moderators, use this to quickly make us aware of a possible problem, we will take it from there.

Be kind to other members, do not put them down, bait them into fighting or do anything to create a fight whether in open forum or private messaging. Trashing another member will surely lead you toward the banishment door quickly. New members are expected to abide by the same rules as seasoned members. We believe that Ignorance of a rule is NO excuse to break it – you are expected to read the bylaws and strictly abide by them.

Review these and think about them when posting. I may not vatch everything, but I do catch some things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next