Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 24, 2014, 09:14:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Right-wing Loonies Blame Deadly OK Tornados on Lack of Prayer and Obama.....  (Read 4194 times)
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »

I'll give Coburn some credit though--at least he's sticking to his guns about budget offsets for disaster funds even when the disaster is in his own state, unlike Texas Senators Cornyn and Cruz who voted against Hurricane Sandy disaster funds but now have their hands out wanting help from the Federal Government for the fertilizer plant explosion that rocked the town of West, Texas. Shoot, even secessionist Governor Rick Perry who said repeatedly as a presidential candidate that he was "tired of oppressive, big-brother government" but he sure didn't waste much time in asking for government assistance immediately after the explosion.....

Well, duh! That's the way the system is rigged right now. The Feds have created FEMA and other unnecessary agencies for the sole purpose of growing government. There's plenty of ways large catastrophes could be dealt with and at the local level. But the big-gov-for-the-sake-of-big-gov-libs would never hear of such a thing. Study up on how catastrophes were dealt with prior to FEMA. I'd get into details and try to discuss specific ideas on how devastation from things like tornadoes and hurricanes can be dealt with, but I'm afraid you'll simply counter with "it's Bush's fault!"

-glenn-
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »

>what they did blame him for (and rightly so) was his completely inadequate response to the storm.

Hmmm... he offered to send in the Nat'l Guard immediately and the governor of LA refused.  If Bush HAD sent in the Nat'l Guard under those conditions (the State of Louisianan had officially refused) he would have been in violation of US law and the constitution he swore to uphold...  If that is inadequate, then you apparently would prefer a president who defies the law and the constitution?

(1) Michael, do not confuse the issue with facts.

(2) And we know who that president is. Anyone hear of the unconstitutional Affordable Care Act that was forced down our throats? By our constitutional scholar, no less. To libs, the ends always justify the means, and I am convinced that when they figure out how, they will throw the constitution right out the window. It's so antiquated, don't you know.

-glenn-
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/opinion/brazile-katrina-bush

at the time of Katrina, FEMA was a 2800 strong agency designed to help coordinate the states responses to disaster and then go AFTER and facilitate the distribution of loans and disaster funds.
even there, they were doing something completely outside the scope of what the feds should be doing, but at least that was a small thing.

it is unfortunate that bush capitulated to the cries of racism to grow the agency and expand their roll. 

before Katrina, NO had run a disaster drill.  they already knew that their plan to use the dome as an evacuation site was not going to work.  the mayor did nothing.  the disaster planners did nothing.
as i prepared to deploy to NO, just for kicks i pulled up the spending reports for the various parishes.  i only found one report on how federal money given for levee maintenance was spent, but guess what?  it wasn't spent on levee maintenance.  a park, airport, and several other things, but not the levee.  surprise!! 
the evacuation was a disaster.  apparently there was no plan for that either.  we know about the buses, nursing homes, and hospitals.  they had 5 days.  even if they didn't have a great plan, in 5 days you can do something!
after the hurricane, Nagen left NO.  he has now been indited on corruption charges.

when the hurricane hit, and the governor should have been calling other states for help, getting her own national guard out, and getting SAR from other places, she was in tears.  she did  not declare a state of emergency.  she didn't accept federal help offered.  she did not contact other states.  she had no clue what to do. 
imagin the surprise when the feds found that the shelters they partially funded had been closed by her as a way to save money for the state.  she probably should have been up on corruption charges also.

i have done disasters in a lot of states.  i find LA to be the most disorganized and corrupt state of any i have worked in.  this would include likely contenders like NJ.

as for the rest of it.....deflection.  you can pull up any old scandal from any old admin and that doesn't have any bearing on what's happening now.
it's like the kid pointing at his brother and saying "he did it first".  didn't work with my mom.  maybe it worked with yours?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 08:54:53 PM »

And how is Iran Contra any worse than Fast and Furious guns being used to kill our own law enforcement people. At least Reagan was trying to stop the communist spread across Latin America. That was a lot more effort on securing our border than what the current occupant is achieving. And he is Constitutionally mandated to protect our borders, which he is not.
I think what they have spent on killing 9 American citizens since 2009 via drone strikes could have sealed up a lot of our border and sent a lot of illegals home.
As far as PAt Robertson, if you are a man of God, you need to be firm in your convicyions. If he sees a society falling apart  from an absence of faith minded people, it is foreseeable that he can see some of the violent weather as a wake up call from God. Some people still have faith in a higher being, thank God!!
And I think he also believes that God had a hand in a whole lot more not being killed.Sounds like a whole lot odf teachers were praying for God to protect their students. We'll see which side of the aisle pursues them for offering prayers in school.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 09:27:25 AM »

buzzbee, i think the point is that there are no opposing views allowed in liberal land.  it's ok to look for the moon landing site on mars, or to wonder if an island will tip over if we deploy more military to it.  it's not ok to challenge the "science" behind global warming, or to wonder about the agenda of your president.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

Why not.  The liberals were blaming Bush for hurricane Katrina...
Really? I don't believe anyone said he caused it, just that he responded awfully slowly and lamely. Kind of different than saying he made it happen by doing or not doing X,Y,Z.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »

just that he responded awfully slowly and lamely.

neither being true.  i'm sure did think what we all thoght, that maybe the state should be responding?  but apparently thinking that was racist.....

google 'who said bush caused katrina?'

not only did bush and his policies cause katrina, but there was a long running conspiracy theory that the feds blew the levees to kill black people. 

there should have been charges brought against several LA officials from parish level to the state house.  many of those deaths could have been avoided if they'd done their job, including using the federal money they were given for levee maintenance on the levees, and not blocking evacuation routes so that "those people" didn't go through "my parish"

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

Nonprophet is so desperate to defend his hero, BO, at all cost, that he wants to dredge up and relive a scandal from the Reagan administration instead of discussing the CURRENT failings and scandals of the current administration.  ![/b]
So were you talking about the Bush scandals WHILE they were happening and current? Or are you calling nonprophet a hypocrite WHILE being a hypocrite yourself?

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2013, 04:06:15 PM »

So were you talking about the Bush scandals WHILE they were happening and current? Or are you calling nonprophet a hypocrite WHILE being a hypocrite yourself?

what scandals are you referring to? 

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 12:00:33 AM »

>I never saw liberals blame Bush for the actual storm

I'm sure you didn't.  I'm sure I did.  It was on many levels.  Global warming was Bush's fault.  Global warming caused Katrina (obviously we never had a hurricane before Bush was in office...).  The levees were inadequate and Bush should have made sure the Feds fixed them, etc.  I never saw the liberals NOT blame Bush for ANYTHING.

>what they did blame him for (and rightly so) was his completely inadequate response to the storm.

Hmmm... he offered to send in the Nat'l Guard immediately and the governor of LA refused.  If Bush HAD sent in the Nat'l Guard under those conditions (the State of Louisianan had officially refused) he would have been in violation of US law and the constitution he swore to uphold...  If that is inadequate, then you apparently would prefer a president who defies the law and the constitution?

Don't get me wrong.  I think Bush was the worst Democrat we ever had in the White House.  Even if he claimed to be a Republican...  well maybe some of those feelings are feeling betrayed BECAUSE he was a Republican.  I never saw a Republican spend money like that... 

Michael is spot on about Bush the Elder and Bush the Younger.

Politically G. W. Bush is as close to Woodrow Wilson as one can come.  Both Wilson and Bush tried to make the world safe for democracy, and to both men making the world safe for democracy means making the world safe for White Anglo Saxon Protestantism.  Both men went full speed ahead with this single goal whether the nations they meddled in wanted or needed WASPs flying monkeys sticking their noises in their nations' internal affairs. 

If nothing else Obama is proving to be a bigger & nosier busybody than T.W. Wilson and G. W. Bush combined.  Obama's meddling in other nations affairs may yet prove more destructive to world peace than all the anal-retentive things that Presidents Wilson and Clinton did in Eastern Europe and the Balkans and that both Bushs combined did elsewhere.  Obama has almost single handily overthrown most of the west friendly  governments in North Africa and helped replace these once friendly governments with hostel governments.  Way to go Barry. 

The lessen that President Assad of Syria learned from Obama's meddling in Libya is this, "Never, never, never, trust the USA, my fellow despot Momar Gaddafi trusted G W Bush and once he become the United States lap dog Obama cut the legs out from under Gaddafi and engineered his death!" 

I guess we should have predicted this since G. W. Bush engineered Gaddafi's entry into  the USA fold when he gave up his WMD and Atomic bomb program, Obama could not abide the US having an friendly nation in North Africa, especially one that was the work of Bush. I am bitterly disappointed if you Americans are to shallow to get this. 

Buy the way Non Prophet, it is taking Obama longer to tour the Oklahoma devastation than it took Bush to get to Naw Orleans.   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 01:01:23 AM »

... there should have been charges brought against several LA officials from parish level to the state house.  many of those deaths could have been avoided if they'd done their job, including using the federal money they were given for levee maintenance on the levees, and not blocking evacuation routes so that "those people" didn't go through "my parish"

kathyp, what about the 500 NO city school buses that were left in a parking lot and destroyed by flood water.  With the lead time the Big Easy had it would have been easy to use these buses to evacuate 10s if not 100s of thousands of people from the danger area.  Are you beginning to understand now why Naw Orleans is called the "Big Easy"  The place is where Alfred E. Newman first learned to pick his nose and ask, "What, me worry?"  piano
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 11:52:02 AM »

Politically G. W. Bush is as close to Woodrow Wilson as one can come.  Both Wilson and Bush tried to make the world safe for democracy, and to both men making the world safe for democracy means making the world safe for White Anglo Saxon Protestantism.  Both men went full speed ahead with this single goal whether the nations they meddled in wanted or needed WASPs flying monkeys sticking their noises in their nations' internal affairs. 

yeah....nope...your knowledge of Wilson's ideology is lacking.  of GWB's too, i think.

I guess we should have predicted this since G. W. Bush engineered Gaddafi's entry into  the USA fold when he gave up his WMD and Atomic bomb program, Obama could not abide the US having an friendly nation in North Africa, especially one that was the work of Bush. I am bitterly disappointed if you Americans are to shallow to get this.

i think this is true, but there's more to it.  it doesn't explain the european interest in seeing him gone.  that one still stumps me and even my european friends don't have a clue.

Buy the way Non Prophet, it is taking Obama longer to tour the Oklahoma devastation than it took Bush to get to Naw Orleans.   

bush was right not to hit the ground in NO.  a couple of years ago i was in TN when there was some flooding.  turned out not to be as bad as they thought, but in the middle of all of it, the prez was coming to town.  he was coming to do  HS graduation speech, but there was a chance that he'd drop by HQ and see us. 
instead of doing our work, we ended up having a big CF with secret service coming around and everything coming to a screeching halt to accommodate the prez. 

if they really care, they'll stay away.

Alexis de Tocqueville
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 02:20:10 PM »

I also think if they truly cared they would stay away, unless they are wearing their coveralls and intend to help.
This stuff really should be left tpo the states. If everyone did not depend on the Feds to save their collective rears,perhaps more would make better decisions on how to protect their families and livelihoods. I know some things can not be prevented, nor all tragedies averted, but lets keep the money home to start with rather  than send it to the Feds and plead for help when something goes wrong.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 02:34:19 PM »

AJ is not someone i'd  usually quote or court, but he does deserve credit for trying to stay on top of some of what homeland is doing, along with some of the other agencies.
he has gotten his hands on the actual requisitions and paper work from some of these agencies for things like the ammo purchase, weapons purchases, etc.

as long as he can back what he says with paperwork, i'm all for it.  just because he paranoid doesn't mean he's wrong   Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

... Obama could not abide the US having an friendly nation in North Africa, especially one that was the work of Bush. I am bitterly disappointed if you Americans are to shallow to get this.

i think this is true, but there's more to it.  it doesn't explain the european interest in seeing him gone.  that one still stumps me and even my european friends don't have a clue....
[/quote]

Since or maybe because Bush ushered Gaddafi into the Western fold, new energy deals were struck between Libya and her former colonial master, Italy.  The rest of Europe now smells blood in the water.  They sense an oil and natural gas feeding frenzy that the hungry leaders of Libya's new ruling tribes are likely to provide to Europe once enough bling is given to them.  A new NG pipeline is already nearing completion between Libya and Italy and the rest of European industry is asking, "Hey, where's mine?"
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 07:35:10 PM »

still doesn't cut it.  Libya was exporting.  never heard any peep out of them about using the exports to manipulate anything.  as i recall, france was one of their biggest customers and they were in the forefront of getting rid of Gaddafi.  so, either there was something going on that we don't know about, or it was a great cluster.  to do that and not know what's to come after is pretty stupid if you are worried about being cut off.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »

Why not.  The liberals were blaming Bush for hurricane Katrina...
Really? I don't believe anyone said he caused it, just that he responded awfully slowly and lamely. Kind of different than saying he made it happen by doing or not doing X,Y,Z.

I remember one Rosie O'Donnell who made quite a name for herself as a 911 truther claiming that on 09-11-2001 George W Bush bombed the World Trade Towers in NYC.  As for Ms. O'Donnell's proof that George W Bush was responsible for the TTC collapse, Rosie made the following statement on national TV "Everyone knows that steel doesn't melt."  Rosie baby, HERE'S your sign.

It seems that there are as many if not more crazy people running around who profess leftist views as there are crazy people on the loose who profess Conservative views.  Jim Jones & the Peoples' Temple, David Koresh & the Branch Dravidian's, Heaven's Gate & Applewhite, Charlie Manson & The Family, Patty Hearst & the Symbionese Liberation Army, ELF, ALF, PETA, and Sacco-Vanzetti all leap to mind, if this is not enough there are dozens more, and they all committed crimes to further their causes. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 05:27:30 AM »

Maybe I tried to be to terse with my words.  Try this out for size.

With Libyan strong man Gaddafi out of the way, and with hungry new leaders in place, Europe now smells heap big € in the waters separating Libya from Europe.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »

Let us like Yogi Berra would say, "...recap one more time yet again."

The Oliver North Iran Contra thing worked like this.  Our friend Israel (with our blessings) sold a few critical spare parts and munitions to Iran at above exorbitant prices.  Our enemy the Iranians then used this hardware to kill other enemies of the United States, specifically Iraqis.  Then like all good Socialists Israel seized the "Excess" profits from this deal and then used them to ship tons and tons of captured Egyptian and Israeli owned USA military hardware to another of our friends the Contras.

Our friends the Contras then used this hardware to kill even more of our sworn enemies, Nicaragua's Sandinistas.  Folks, what ever you think or say about government, there has never been a more cost effective or a smarter move made by any government than this one.  Besides, the Constitution gives the President sole authority to conduct foreign affairs as he sees fit, and Reagan did just that.

That is why Barry can now act like G. W. Bush did when he, Bill Clinton, and Hillary all said that an Arab Batthist government in the Middle East had weapons of mass destruction.  From in and amongst their combined 144 virgins both Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein are now cackling like maniacs at the stupidity of our amateur Nobel Peace Prize wining and world champion war monger, Barrack Hussein Obama.

Now Sir Barrack and his Knights of the Oval Office has gone a Holy Grailing in Syria no less to find the Chalice of Christ, or maybe Sir Barry is still a looking for those WMD in some nook or cranny were GW Bush neglected to search.  I am a thinking that Obama should sack John Kerry and then anoint Harrison Ford as our new Sectary of State.  Indiana Jones has a much better record of uncovering hidden non existent Mideast treasures than either Hillary Clinton or John Kerry ever did or can.  grin beat a dead horse

Besides, by his very inexperience Harrison Ford will do less damage to the United States in the Next 3 & 1/2 years than Kerry.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »

Let’s review, the Reagan admin broke the law and tried to hide it by shredding all the documents.  Does that about sum it up Kingbee?  It’s a sad day indeed when you think supporting the likes of Iran and the murderous Contras was a bright spot in US executive power/abuse. Cry

As for your suggestion that somebody with no experience (Harrison Ford) can do a far better job than somebody with experience (John Kerry), I would suggest this:

Have your wife’s hairdresser fix your truck the next time it breaks down. lau lau lau
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next