Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 25, 2014, 03:18:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(2)  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Right-wing Loonies Blame Deadly OK Tornados on Lack of Prayer and Obama.....  (Read 3503 times)
Nonprophet
House Bee

« on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:30 PM »

You can't make this stuff up......

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/05/21/18403447-reaching-the-weather-weapon-stage?lite

http://thebigslice.org/you-wont-believe-what-pat-robertson-is-blaming-the-ok-tornado-on/

And then there's Oklahoma Senator Tom Cockburn who has threatened to hold up disaster relief funds until further "austerity cuts" are made to the government's budget to offset the disaster relief funds. I guess all those billions the right voted to pay out to Halliburton and defense contractors over the last 10 years has had no impact on the budget....

http://americablog.com/2013/05/oklahoma-senator-coburn-says-no-tornado-aid-unless-cost-is-offset.html

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
mulesii
New Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »

All far left wing liberal blogs.  Do you have any credible sources to cite?
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/21/alex-jones-explains-how-government-weather-weap/194167

If you bothered to click the link for the Pat Robertson comment, you'd see the video footage of his ridiculous statement....

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »

Ok Non, Since your on the ball.  Would you like to talk about liberal senator Whitehouse? Im sure you will ignore his insults. What did he say on the floor today? His statements are so inflammatory one would expect even some leftist would be embarrassed. Talk about politicising a tragedy.
rgy
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »

this just needs to be removed!  No place for it after that disaster.
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 06:35:47 PM »

Then there's always right-wing whacko Peter Santilli who is now being investigated by the Secret Service for saying, on the air, that he "wants to shoot Hillary Clinton in the female organ, and I don't want her to die right away...."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/pete-santilli-secret-service_n_3312564.html?icid=hp_politics_top_art

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »

i don't know anyone who considers AJ right wing, conservative, or main stream in any way.  can't say i know much about pat robertson, but he's a preacher, so i'm not sure he fits in there either.

as for sources...do you ever check anything that isn't far left loon?  i know you live in Eugene and you may not realize that there is a whole moderate world out there not running around high and naked.   evil

And then there's Oklahoma Senator Tom Cockburn who has threatened to hold up disaster relief funds until further "austerity cuts" are made to the government's budget to offset the disaster relief funds. I guess all those billions the right voted to pay out to Halliburton and defense contractors over the last 10 years has had no impact on the budget....

again, you need better sources.  the "disaster relief funds" that were threatens to be held for sandy were pork add on.  the money actually needed for disaster relief went through without any problem after much of the pork was cut out.  of course, there are those of us who believe that disaster relief should go back to the states and the charities and the feds should not be involved...but i guess that horse is out of the barn.  to easy to suck at the federal teat.  

you obviously know nothing about Halliburton or who and how they have been used, but again...sources.  

you are really good at regurgitating left wing crap.  wonder how good you'd be if you really did your homework.  

guess Boxer went off on the global warming thing too.  guess they missed the reports that global warming stopped about 16 years ago and that this has been one of the lightest tornado season on recent record?  but...facts don't matter when you are all emotional about a thing.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »

rgy, don't read it if it offends you.
it's the pols who made this a political subject.  there are always disasters and always leftist idiots wanting to take advantage of them.

nonp,  i don't even know some of these people you are coming up with.  it's your "main stream" pols who are going off the rails while you dig around for obscure examples of supposedly conservative people who, according to your slanted sources, have said something your slanted sources don't like.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »

i don't know anyone who considers AJ right wing, conservative, or main stream in any way.  can't say i know much about pat robertson, but he's a preacher, so i'm not sure he fits in there either.

You're not seriously suggesting that Pat Robertson isn't considered a conservative--are you? Heck, he's one the country's best known conservatives......

as for sources...do you ever check anything that isn't far left loon?  i know you live in Eugene and you may not realize that there is a whole moderate world out there not running around high and naked.   evil

While I agree that sources can be relevant, in all the examples I gave in the OP the links provided included actual video/audio of the comments being made, so, the source doesn't matter at all--the comments are literally coming right out of the horse's mouth. Killing the messenger is kind of an exercise in futility--wouldn't you say? Then again, so are negative stereotypes like "hippies running around high and naked" but that's a favorite tool of the rabid right......

again, you need better sources.  the "disaster relief funds" that were threatens to be held for sandy were pork add on.

Nope, you're wrong. If you had bothered to click the link, you'd see the Coburn is calling for no disaster relief funds FOR THE TORNADO VICTIMS IN OKLAHOMA, not hurricane Sandy.....http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/conservative-okla-lawmakers-face-dilemma-will-they-support-tornado-relief-funding/2013/05/21/e47b0468-c22d-11e2-9fe2-6ee52d0eb7c1_story.html Might want to check your sources......

you obviously know nothing about Halliburton or who and how they have been used, but again...sources.

I see. I have different views than yours, so I must be ignorant, right?  

http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-vicious-iraq-war-profiteers/

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/308-12/16561-focus-cheneys-halliburton-made-395-billion-on-iraq-war

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/09/arianna-huffington/halliburton-kbr-and-iraq-war-contracting-history-s/

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/washington/25contract.html?scp=5&sq=halliburton%20iraq&st=cse\&_r=0

you are really good at regurgitating left wing crap.

It's not "left wing crap" when it's coming right out of the mouths of rabid, right wing pundits.....

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:47:02 PM by Nonprophet » Logged

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »

Then there's always right-wing whacko Peter Santilli who is now being investigated by the Secret Service for saying, on the air, that he "wants to shoot Hillary Clinton in the female organ, and I don't want her to die right away...."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/pete-santilli-secret-service_n_3312564.html?icid=hp_politics_top_art

I don't want to shoot anyone, However having watched the goings on around the world for many years, I can say, Hillary Clinton is nothing more than a lying dirtbag. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »

i believe that nonprohet is engaging in deflection.  this odd trip into he said/she said keeps us from talking about the illegal activities going on with this admin.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »

so i looked at your links and then i looked at a left of center but usually pretty fair site for what Cobern actually said about disaster relief.
http://blogs.rollcall.com/wgdb/coburn-wants-tornado-disaster-aid-to-be-offset/

now, on to Halliburton.  you managed to post all the leftist screeds about the company but you missed why they are the company that the government goes to for overseas support. 
they really go off the ground under the clinton admin.  as part of his "peace dividend" he cut the military.  since no one wants to cut the fighting force, most of the cuts came from support services.  the cooks, supply people, laundry people, etc. guess what?  all that stuff still needs to be done, but now we have to contract with a company to do it.
Halliburton, seeing this need, built a large part of the company to fill just those holes.  they were early to the game and they did it better than any other company.  they are not the only game, but they are the biggest, and for the most part, the best.  clinton gave them no bid contracts for the Balkan fuss. 

did they make money?  you bet.  that's what companies do.  they fill a need or a want and they make money doing it.   shocked

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »

Why not.  The liberals were blaming Bush for hurricane Katrina...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »

I love Nonprophet's logic...We're suppose to take responsibility for anyone on gods green earth, that he labels as conservative, that makes any wacky statement.
Yet BO, the President of the United States, the most powerful man in the world...Claims complete ignorance and a lack of knowledge for his entire administration and departments directly under his control, on multiple scandals.  But hey...those are all non-issues to him...just nutty right wingers trying to harass his hero.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »

i believe that nonprohet is engaging in deflection.  this odd trip into he said/she said keeps us from talking about the illegal activities going on with this admin.

Would you rather talk about the illegal activities that went on under the George W Bush admin? Or maybe the illegal activities of his dad's admin? Or how about Reagan's admin--you know, when they secretly negotiated a sale of weapons to the Iranians in exchange for delaying the release of the hostages to make Carter look bad, then, they took the proceeds from the sale of those weapons and funneled them--illegally--to the Contras? Are those the type of illegal activities you'd like to talk about, or, are you only interested in smearing Obama?

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 12:54:07 AM »

Why not.  The liberals were blaming Bush for hurricane Katrina...

I never saw liberals blame Bush for the actual storm, what they did blame him for (and rightly so) was his completely inadequate response to the storm. Remember him flying over the hit area in Air Force One though not actually bothering to visit the region for four days after the storm because he was on vacation? (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-09-08-bush-compassion_x.htm?csp=34 There's a HUGE difference between faulting an administration for their response to a natural disaster versus claiming that the admin CAUSED the natural disaster. Heck, even Gov. Christie gave kudos to Obama for his response to Hurricane Sandy because that's what good people do--when people are hurting they rise above the politics and them make sure people get the help they need.

I'll give Coburn some credit though--at least he's sticking to his guns about budget offsets for disaster funds even when the disaster is in his own state, unlike Texas Senators Cornyn and Cruz who voted against Hurricane Sandy disaster funds but now have their hands out wanting help from the Federal Government for the fertilizer plant explosion that rocked the town of West, Texas. Shoot, even secessionist Governor Rick Perry who said repeatedly as a presidential candidate that he was "tired of oppressive, big-brother government" but he sure didn't waste much time in asking for government assistance immediately after the explosion.....

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 04:20:29 AM »

...Or how about Reagan's admin--you know, when they secretly negotiated a sale of weapons to the Iranians in exchange for delaying the release of the hostages to make Carter look bad, then, they took the proceeds from the sale of those weapons and funneled them--illegally--to the Contras? Are those the type of illegal activities you'd like to talk about, or, are you only interested in smearing Obama?

lau How pathetic, Nonprophet is so desperate to defend his hero, BO, at all cost, that he wants to dredge up and relive a scandal from the Reagan administration instead of discussing the CURRENT failings and scandals of the current administration.  Reagan's been dead for nearly 9 years and hasn't been President for nearly 25 years....Yet, this is what NonProphet wants to talk about.  huh  REALLY!!!  Very Interesting!

Not to mention, he can't even get that right!  He claims it was done to "make Carter look bad" by "delaying the release of the hostages".  I think poor Nonprophet has his hostages confused. lau  Iran-Contra took place starting around 1985, around the beginning of Reagan's SECOND TERM!  It had nothing to do with making Carter look bad, let go of your liberal paranoia Nonprophet...Thinking everything is a "vast right-wing conspiracy"  to make the left look bad.

And for the record, Carter needed no help in looking bad.  A man that arguable holds the distinction of "worst US President ever"....Although, BO is giving him a heck of a run for his money, I'm thinking the torch may have been passed.  grin

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 07:39:34 AM »

> are you only interested in smearing Obama?

I'm interested in "smearing" all the politicians at the rate they deserve, and pretty much they all deserve it... Remocrats AND Depublicans...

>I never saw liberals blame Bush for the actual storm

I'm sure you didn't.  I'm sure I did.  It was on many levels.  Global warming was Bush's fault.  Global warming caused Katrina (obviously we never had a hurricane before Bush was in office...).  The levees were inadequate and Bush should have made sure the Feds fixed them, etc.  I never saw the liberals NOT blame Bush for ANYTHING.

>what they did blame him for (and rightly so) was his completely inadequate response to the storm.

Hmmm... he offered to send in the Nat'l Guard immediately and the governor of LA refused.  If Bush HAD sent in the Nat'l Guard under those conditions (the State of Louisianan had officially refused) he would have been in violation of US law and the constitution he swore to uphold...  If that is inadequate, then you apparently would prefer a president who defies the law and the constitution?

Don't get me wrong.  I think Bush was the worst Democrat we ever had in the White House.  Even if he claimed to be a Republican...  well maybe some of those feelings are feeling betrayed BECAUSE he was a Republican.  I never saw a Republican spend money like that...

Michael Bush
-------------------
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:46:12 AM »

Try a search on:
George Bush Katrina global warming levees

You can find hundreds and hundreds of articles and editorials blaming bush for the actual Hurricane...

Michael Bush
-------------------
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »

Who the hell is this Jones person and who gives a crap what he says? And Maddow? Give me a break.

Why are you getting your info from entertainment people?

-glenn-
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next