Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 26, 2014, 12:22:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If I were a reporter....  (Read 2015 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: May 20, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »

and I'd been anywhere near this WH, i'd be wondering about my phones and emails.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-rare-peek-into-a-justice-department-leak-probe/2013/05/19/0bc473de-be5e-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_story.html

i can think of two, one from CBS and another who was with ABC, who are probably wondering how much of their info was tapped.

all of this might make you wonder about the taps that "inadvertently" caught Patraeus and Allen.  we have been told that the former was not in favor of the way the Benghazi attack was being written up.  knowledge is power, isn't it?  they knew about the affair long before it leaked.  did they use it to keep him silent until after the election, then use it to get rid of him?

looks like we have put our very own Hugo in office....and here we thought the power of our government was restrained by the constitution.  silly us! 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:28:08 AM »

Just learned this. Obama's  DOJ has been tracking Fox reporter James Rosen. Subpoenas of personal emails and all the other things we once thought were private. A free press? Don't count on it!
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »

I would like these moderates and liberals to come on here and explain why this is OK. Because I can't understand why it is OK. You know those Obama loving blues and luvins surely have an answer.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:56:37 PM »

it's not just that they got the subpena for his personal stuff, it's how they got it.  they convinced the judge that he was suspected of criminal activity even though that's not what they were investigating. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 07:03:43 PM »

it's not just that they got the subpena for his personal stuff, it's how they got it.  they convinced the judge that he was suspected of criminal activity even though that's not what they were investigating. 

Yes. The judge was misled in order to get the warrant desired. The FBI I know would never do this. Under Obama....? If I had committed this injustice as a deputy sheriff, I would be in BIG trouble.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »

The FBI I know would never do this. 

Oh, Come on.  LBJ did the same thing to Nixon in the 1968 Presidential campaign.  Johnson just could not make the information his DOJ gleaned public without Nixon knowing how he got it.  (Illegal FBI Wire Taps)

FDR was as fond of sicking the IRS and FBI on his enemies as Obama is now.
That is the whole reason that President after President keep Jules Edgar Hoover on as the FBI Director decades after any other Bureaucrat would have been forced to retire because of age. 

Hoover was just a weaseling little rat but regardless of which political party was in power, he was who ever was in the Oval Office's weaseling little rat, and when you are the President it is good to keep weaseling little rats like Hoover where you can either control or keep your eye on them.  Men like Hoover, Himmler, and Beria are priceless to an ethically challenged politicians like the one that we now have in the Oval Office. 

Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:37:33 AM »

Oh, come on....I didn't know those guys!     Smiley
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »

hoover was the spider for sure, but he did a lot of good work too.  also important to remember that most of what he did was not illegal at the time.  it was panicked pols who wanted the laws changed after him.  they didn't want to worry about dirt files  evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

hoover was the spider for sure, but he did a lot of good work too. ...

Yes indeed.  Hoover did a lot of good work.  However the work Hoover is best known for is the work Hoover performed employing full time several made wise guys who touted horses to Hoover and phoning in tips to him, (no, not tips about desperado's) but tips on up coming horse races the Mafia had fixed.  They gave these inside tips to Hoover so that the sniveling little rat could cash in big by wagering (gambling means the outcome is in doubt) on long shots and even by winning trifectas at the race track.  Is it any wonder then that in the late 1950s the sniveling little rat-coward testified before Congress that there were no such a thing as the Mafia or la Costa Nostra in America?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 01:35:02 PM »

i don't have quit the negative view of hoover that you have.  i'll give you that he was an odd fellow.  surely a lot of what he did would be illegal now.
i also don't have a negative feeling toward McCarthy.  he was right, as it turned out.

different time. different problems.  different laws.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 02:36:37 AM »

... i'll give you that [Hover] ...was an odd fellow.  surely a lot of what he did would be illegal now.
i also don't have a negative feeling toward McCarthy. 

I'll defend McCarthy but he was his own worst enemy.

In 1942 two teams of German Saboteurs landed in the USA, one on Long Island and one on the East coast of Florida.  Two of the men in the Long Island party turned in the others.  Hoover covered up and fabricated evidence to make it appear that the FBI had discovered the plot and captured the saboteurs by themselves.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Hoover wanted to enhance his non existence reputation as a Nazi buster.  Hoover wanted to create the impression that he and the FBI were the greatest Nazi busters ever.  After telling their story to an  unimpressed FBI in New York City, these two Germans had to travel to Washington DC at their own expense... OK then at Hitler's expense before the DC FBI would take their story seriously.  All 8 men were sentenced to death in the electric chair.  FDR got wind of Hoover's plot and commuted the death sentence of the two Germans who turned in their countrymen.  Now FDR had a little something to hold over the head of the sniveling little rat, J. Edgar Hover.  I seem to remember that it came down to only 2 days before the execution date before FDR learned about Hoover's plot.  Two more days and all the witnesses who knew the truth about Hoover and his plot would have been toast.  I shall keep my negative opinion of Hoover and I would also like to offer you some.   
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »

If y’all were reporters, Fox News would have to fire O’reilly and Hannity for being too liberal. laugh

Do you honestly think monitoring people’s phones and emails is anything new?  Wake up beeks, it’s been going on for decades.  Bush made it even simpler under the disguise of "homeland security".  The NSA has rooms of super computers for just that purpose.  I would even bet a beek or two are being monitored.  lau lau lau
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »

once again bluebee has not been paying attention to the story.

also, O'Reilly and Hannity are not reporters.  the fact that you don't know the difference between cometary and reporting is enlightening.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »

>Do you honestly think monitoring people’s phones and emails is anything new?

And that makes it all right?

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »

>Do you honestly think monitoring people’s phones and emails is anything new?

And that makes it all right?

No! & No!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next