Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 22, 2014, 01:03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK...This sickens me!  (Read 4676 times)
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »

...Really, when you hate someone, the facts don't really matter--it's just about the hate.....

Much like when you blindly follow someone and believe they're infallible, the facts don't really matter--it's just about the infatuation...

See what I did there Nonprophet?  It works both ways!  We have a President who doesn't have a scintilla of fact based proof that ANYTHING he has done has been effective.  Yet with the help of the MSM keeping him propped up, we have an ever growing, clueless voting public that insist the guy can walk on water and turn water into wine.

I couldn't agree more with both Kathy and Fox Creek's last post.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »

Like I said, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and both Bush's have all had servicemen in the Presidential guard detachment hold umbrellas for them. Were you as equally outraged about that? If you weren't, then I rest my case on the claim that your outrage is really just about hate........

Presidents and Umbrellas
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:02:35 PM by Nonprophet » Logged

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »

“Marines are always out getting rained on. That’s sort of what we do,” said Capt. Eric Flanagan, a Marines spokesman. A request from the president to a Marine who serves at the White House, however, would be an “extenuating circumstance,” he said.

Flanagan also pointed to Title 10 of the U.S. Code, which states that members of the Marine Corps shall “perform such other duties as the President may direct.”

Marine Spokesman Clears Things Up on Umbrellagate

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 05:08:55 PM »

Nonprophet,
You really are missing the point.  First, no one is saying the Marine shouldn't have done it when asked.  We're saying, he never should have been asked to do it.
I could start listing the reasons why I think this situation is different from the examples you reference with other Presidents. However, you'd accuse me of splitting hairs, and hey...maybe you'd have a point.

Instead I'll just wait for your answer to the question Fox Creek posed, "tell the world what it is about the current president you appreciate".   I'd really love to hear your answer, maybe we're all missing something.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »

really, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?  hmmmm

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »

Nonprophet,
You really are missing the point.  First, no one is saying the Marine shouldn't have done it when asked.

Really? the article you started this thread of with was written by someone who basically said the President was a traitor because he asked a marine to hold an umbrella for him--and then went on to cite various passages of the Marine Corps regulations that he felt supported his argument. Unfortunately, it would seem the Marines themselves don't agree about there being any breach of ethics, protocol, etc.

We're saying, he never should have been asked to do it.

What exactly is so wrong with having one of the Marine guards hold an umbrella FOR THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

You ever answered my question--were you just as outraged when other presidents requested and received the same thing?

I could start listing the reasons why I think this situation is different from the examples you reference with other Presidents. However, you'd accuse me of splitting hairs, and hey...maybe you'd have a point.

Instead I'll just wait for your answer to the question Fox Creek posed, "tell the world what it is about the current president you appreciate".   I'd really love to hear your answer, maybe we're all missing something.

What in the world does how I feel about a president's policies have to do with who holds his umbrella? Oh wait. I guess if you hate someone, then it matters.....

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »

the article you started this thread of with was written by someone who basically said the President was a traitor because he asked a marine to hold an umbrella for him--and then went on to cite various passages of the Marine Corps regulations that he felt supported his argument. Unfortunately, it would seem the Marines themselves don't agree about there being any breach of ethics, protocol, etc.

the article says nothing about the president being a traitor.  hyperbole gets you no points.  yes they did what the president asked.  yes, the marine asked chose not to make the president look like a fool.  yes, there is a regulation about umbrellas. 
STILL NOT THE POINT

What in the world does how I feel about a president's policies have to do with who holds his umbrella? Oh wait. I guess if you hate someone, then it matters..

you want us to justify our negative opinions.  we'd like you to justify your positive opinion.  seems fair.  but...if you can't...that's ok too.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »

the article you started this thread of with was written by someone who basically said the President was a traitor because he asked a marine to hold an umbrella for him--and then went on to cite various passages of the Marine Corps regulations that he felt supported his argument. Unfortunately, it would seem the Marines themselves don't agree about there being any breach of ethics, protocol, etc.

the article says nothing about the president being a traitor.  hyperbole gets you no points.  yes they did what the president asked.  yes, the marine asked chose not to make the president look like a fool.  yes, there is a regulation about umbrellas.  
STILL NOT THE POINT

Hyperbole?? Seriously? You guys want to talk about hyperbole??

So tell us--WHAT IS THE POINT?

Because from where I sit, this is the only point: "We don't like Obama, and we will react hysterically to anything he does that can be cast in a negative light--EVEN WHEN OTHERS HAVE DONE THE EXACT SAME THING AND WE SAID NOTHING."

you want us to justify our negative opinions.  we'd like you to justify your positive opinion.  seems fair.  but...if you can't...that's ok too.

I didn't start a thread entitled "This sickens me" that shows a picture of POTUS having an umbrella held for him by a Marine guard at the White House. All I've asked, is: So what? What is the difference between this president having an umbrella held for him versus all the other presidents before him who have? Again, WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »

there's no difference.  you are right.  he's just a saint and we are naughty for saying anything negative about "The One".  sorry to have offended you, even if you can't tell us why he's so great  Undecided

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »

and Bush, Reagan, Nixon.....they never had a serviceman hold an umbrella for them? Really, when you hate someone, the facts don't really matter--it's just about the hate.....

I don't hate anyone.  The only thing that troubles me is Obama’s groping, grasping, and over reaching ambition.  Am ambition buy the way that seems married to an obscene sense of entitlement, seemingly wed to a personal belief that the Commander in Chief possesses a god like infallibility.  The above nouns, adjectives and adverbs all describes a deep personality defect that is dangerous to the country.  The Marine corporal shielding Obama from the rain is a symptom of a much deeper disorder.  It is in no way a problem in and of itself.  May I suggest that you get out in the real world more often?  I think that it will do you a world of good.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 07:44:54 PM »

Nonprophet,
Your right, you didn't start a thread with the "This sickens me" header...I did! Simply put, the reason I did, was, Well....because it sickened me!
As you might notice, I didn't title it, "This should sicken you"!

I was simply sharing MY opinion. For those that are like minded and "get it", I don't need to explain it. For others such as you...I have no desire to try and explain it anymore than I already have...knowing any and all attempts would fall on deaf ears anyway.

What's your thought on Benghazi and the IRS scandals?  I'm sure nothing to it, right?  Just a bunch of hateful right wing nuts trying to make something out of nothing...RIGHT?

- Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »

and that's pretty much the point.  that and the real belief common among leftists that the end truly does justify the means.  we are seeing the outcome of that belief in the DOJ, IRS, and other places in this admin.  the tone is set at the top even if the direct orders don't come from the top.  

when you boss is talking about enemies, guns to knife fights, etc.,  your homeland security is making enemies lists of fellow citizens, and class warfare is fomented, you can't be surprised when folks act on those implied permissions....especially if you are liberal and you already believe that nothing should stand in the way of the ideology.  it's made even easier when you have watched your DOJ refuse to uphold the law in favor of the ideology.

what is appealing to me, and yes, does make me angry, is that it now apears that no effort was made to save our people because it might tarnish the narrative put out state.  
this apple has rotted from the inside out.  

Alexis de Tocqueville
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »

For those that are like minded and "get it", I don't need to explain it.

Is that some kind of double-speak for saying: "we don't like him because he's black?" Because from where I sit, that's the only difference between the photos of servicemen holding an umbrella for Obama vs servicemen holding umbrellas for Both Bush's and Reagan.....

What's your thought on Benghazi and the IRS scandals?  I'm sure nothing to it, right?  Just a bunch of hateful right wing nuts trying to make something out of nothing...RIGHT?

Pretty much, yes. The right-wing hate machine wound up with a huge pile of egg on its face this week after the administration released the relevant emails about Benghazi, and, guess what, no cover-up. In fact, it looks like some elected officials from the right and right-wing media even went so far as to ALTER the emails to suit their agenda--I'm assuming you strongly support a congressional investigation into their deception......right?

As to the IRS, were you equally outraged when the IRS under Bush targeted "liberal" groups like Greenpeace, the NAACP, and others? Were you clamoring for an investigation and suggesting impeachment? Somehow, I think not.....

When the IRS Targeted Liberals Under Bush

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »

For those that are like minded and "get it", I don't need to explain it.

Is that some kind of double-speak for saying: "we don't like him because he's black?" Because from where I sit, that's the only difference between the photos of servicemen holding an umbrella for Obama vs servicemen holding umbrellas for Both Bush's and Reagan.....

LMAO!  
Looks like Nonprophet has the typical Liberal mindset ...I dare disagree with his view, so I have to be a racist! And they claim to be the tolerant bunch!  laugh

By all means Nonprophet, keep playing the race card, it's about the only thing Obama has that seems to be working.

- Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »

that's been tried and failed.  try again.

Pretty much, yes. The right-wing hate machine wound up with a huge pile of egg on its face this week after the administration released the relevant emails about Benghazi, and, guess what, no cover-up. In fact, it looks like some elected officials from the right and right-wing media even went so far as to ALTER the emails to suit their agenda--I'm assuming you strongly support a congressional investigation into their deception......right?

the emails (those few) released have supported the claim that we were lied to.  so, why did they lie?
the lie is only part of the issue.  who was calling the shots. who decided not to attempt a rescue.  where was our beloved CIC?  getting beauty sleep before his trip the  next day?  he sure was happy to have pictures of how engaged he was as 6 killed UBL.  was he as engaged when terrorists were killing our folks?

looks like some elected officials from the right and right-wing media even went so far as to ALTER the emails to suit their agenda

is this the alternative media story?  i have not even heard that on MSNBC, although it sounds like something they'd cook up.

As to the IRS, were you equally outraged when the IRS under Bush targeted "liberal" groups like Greenpeace, the NAACP, and others? Were you clamoring for an investigation and suggesting impeachment? Somehow, I think not.....

when were they ever targeted?  they are and have been, non-profit organizations.  i do not have a problem with IRS questioning the validity of that non-profit status, but this is targeting based on political view points.  that has not happened since nixon and not even as bad then.  now it looks like they have gone after businesses and individuals too.

i suspect, from the junk you are posting, you have bad sources of info.  have you bothered to watch or listen to any of the hearings?  have you read the emails or any of the other transcripts?  it sounds very much like you are spitting up junk from some source like democrat underground and have not bothered to fact check your sources.

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2013, 11:03:53 PM »

Nonprophet  applause applause applause
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 12:03:23 AM »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/22/the-real-reason-behind-benghazigate/

what's kind of amazing to me is that you obamaites don't want answers to any of these questions.  doesn't matter what piles up, you just plug your nose and carry on.  which...i guess...explains how he got elected in the first place.

hey nonprophet, did you vote for him because he's black?  was that any part of your consideration?  while you are calling me racist, i can't help but wonder if your own racism didn't blind you to the character of the man you were voting for.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 12:22:07 AM »

that's been tried and failed.  try again.

So, I've asked this several times: "What is the difference between servicemen holding umbrellas for Bush, Cheney, Reagan, etc. and servicemen holding an umbrella for Obama?" So, far, no one has answered that very simple question.....except to say that "....you just don't get it." What I get is that you don't like Obama--for what reasons I really don't care--and so just about anything the man does you will whip yourselves into a frenzy over SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE HIM. Really, is it so hard just to say that? Why else could it possibly "sicken" someone to see a photo of the president, at the Whitehouse, during a press conference in the rain, have a serviceman hold an umbrella for him? Seriously, What.Is.The.Big.Deal?

You know, Obama could issue an executive order tomorrow repealing Obamacare, and you folks would just scream that he's a "flip-flopper......"

looks like some elected officials from the right and right-wing media even went so far as to ALTER the emails to suit their agenda

is this the alternative media story?  i have not even heard that on MSNBC, although it sounds like something they'd cook up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/republicans-benghazi-emails_n_3289428.html

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/19/dem_congressman_slams_gop_for_doctored_benghazi_emails/

http://www.nationofchange.org/gop-sources-altered-benghazi-emails-suggest-cover-reporter-confirms-1368887245

when were they ever targeted?

I provided a link to the article in Salon magazine--read it yourself.

i do not have a problem with IRS questioning the validity of that non-profit status, but this is targeting based on political view points.  that has not happened since nixon and not even as bad then.

This is exactly what happened under Bush--groups deemed "liberal" were singled out and treated differently. Read the article.....

i suspect, from the junk you are posting, you have bad sources of info.  have you bothered to watch or listen to any of the hearings?  have you read the emails or any of the other transcripts?  it sounds very much like you are spitting up junk from some source like democrat underground and have not bothered to fact check your sources.

I see. I don't agree with your views, so I must be misinformed, right? I have two post-graduate degrees and I've lived in a dozen different countries. I get my news from a variety of reliable, mostly unbiased sources like: BBC, Macneil-Lehrer, Christian Science Monitor, and other sources.

Would I be correct in assuming that your sources are primarily Faux News, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck?

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 12:34:36 AM »

I see. I don't agree with your views, so I must be misinformed, right? I have two post-graduate degrees and I've lived in a dozen different countries. I get my news from a variety of reliable, mostly unbiased sources like: BBC, Macneil-Lehrer, Christian Science Monitor, and other sources.

in what?  basket weaving?  you use liberal sources quoting liberal sources to make a liberal point.  you should get your money back. hope you are not still paying on student loans!

you might also check how you evaluate your souces.  BBC is known in england to be liberal.  M&L have steadily gone left although they are not as bad as some.  CSM is usually fairly good at being balanced.  "and other sources" like the ones you quote?   grin
good job!

nation of change?  really?

Alexis de Tocqueville
Nonprophet
House Bee

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 12:42:47 AM »

I can't see any further point in having a dialogue with you Kathy, you only seem to be interested in insulting and rude comments.

Good luck with that.....

in what?  basket weaving?  you use liberal sources quoting liberal sources to make a liberal point.  you should get your money back. hope you are not still paying on student loans!

you might also check how you evaluate your souces.  BBC is known in england to be liberal.  M&L have steadily gone left although they are not as bad as some.  CSM is usually fairly good at being balanced.  "and other sources" like the ones you quote?   grin
good job!

nation of change?  really?

—Franklin D. Roosevelt
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next