I posted this recently because I thought this swarm I caught might have been exposed to pesticides. But now I'm not so sure because I'm learning that the symptoms of pesticide poisoning closely resemble classic symptoms of acute bee paralysis virus or CBPV. I gave this swarm some frames of honey from my colonies that died this winter. Could the honey be harboring these viruses?
Short answer - yes, it could; there could be a few things wrong with that honey in fact. One of the very first things I ever learned from my first mentor was, never put honey in a hive it didn't come out of - not in any amount, and this to include extracted honey. He was quite adamant. And the reason is exactly that - you have no idea whether or not anything's wrong with the honey. If you had a deadout and there's significant honey left, you're better off just saving it and extracting it along with your usual harvest.