Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 30, 2014, 06:55:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Tesla for Iddee  (Read 6088 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »

Oh, BTW, I've never seen a Microsoft computer. I didn't know they made one. Did you type faster than you thought, one more time?

You gotta get out more my friend  grin
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »

I don't steal money from other people to make those risky investments.

-glenn-
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »

It’s lunacy to think you know the outcome of every investment before you even start.

that's very true and if you are investing your own money, you have the right to take any risk you wish.  if the government is taking my money, they have a responsibility to use it wisely. buying into businesses at the expense of the market is not wise use of my money.  there are some research projects that the government might justify funding.  that's not the same as giving money to specific companies.

BTW...did you read those definitions of crony capitalism?  now that you know what it is, you still want to defend the government buying into businesses?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 10:42:45 PM »

Well, bb, Here's the microsoft store, and I can find nearly every brand computer there except microsoft. Please point out one made by microsoft.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/categoryID.62684600

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »

Most of what Blue calls "government" investing is nothing more than the government funding a start up business to compete (unfairly I might add) against an established businesses by using established businesses' tax money to fund a competitor and give the competitor an unfair advantage by paying the established businesses' customers to buy the new competitors products and often over look any taxes that the new Fascist start up may owe.  

Good lord, that's all a tax credit is, a bribe.  If an established business was doing it the CEO would land in the hoosegow for anti trust violations or worst.  

In order to prove that Old Blue B don't know Jack about investing, even though the Dow is up, the daily volume of stocks traded is down 75% meaning that the fundamentals of the stock market suck, because if they didn't everyone would want a piece of the Dow.  rolleyes
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM by kingbee » Logged
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »

Kingbee I made a living off trading for a few years.  I know Jack, Jane, and even Spot. Wink  

If you think volume has anything to do with market prices, you’re like a crawdad in a pot of hot water.  I think that might be a good analogy for you. Smiley
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 11:26:18 PM »

If few are buying that means that few are selling.  So that means that there really is no stock market, just a vague idea on Wall Street like, "Gee, wouldn't this be a good place to open a stock market, now if we only had some buyers and sellers.  Sigh....

Motivated buyers and motivated sellers are the hallmarks of economic activity. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »

And hen there was this tidbit.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/tesla-it-only-costs-90000-and-takes-a-minumum-of-half-an-hour-to-recharge-every-three-hours/

I call your attention to the word "minumum. "  I am of the opinion that 30 minutes to fully recharge a Tesla's battery is an overly optimistic Wild A** Guess.  Blue's favorite electric car seems to be the Government Motors Volt.  With a GM Volt your looking at a 40 mile range in electric mode with a 16 hour full recharge time.

The $90,000 MSRP price tag on a Tesla is in reality $128,000 not counting the incentive paid directly to Tesla Motors.

What does the customer.... or even better the environment get with a Tesla or a Volt?  With a Tesla you end up with an automobile that at best you can use only 45 minutes out of each hour and in the case of the Volt that you can only drive in electric mode from one end of Delaware to the other every other day.  What the environment get's is an automobile that indirectly generates as much or even more CO2 and other air polluting green house gases to make the Electricity to power a Tesla or Volt than the air pollution and global warming gases produced by a gasoline powered 4X4 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

If the Tesla was really something that its name sake Nikolai Tesla envisioned, there would be no need for charging stations.  Tesla believed that he could transmit electric energy to customers through the atmosphere. 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 12:38:43 AM »

My favorite electric vehicle is a bicycle! 

Believe it or not Kingbee, but I tend to agree with you about electric cars.  This post was really about the Republicans once again trying to thwart competition in iddees home state. Sad 

If I was going to buy an electric vehicle (I’m not BTW), the Volt makes more logical sense to me because with a Volt, you would not need to own 2 vehicles to do the job of one gasoline vehicle (since the Volt is not range limited like the Tesla).  Volt is also much cheaper and engineered by professionals. 

As for the namesake of the Tesla, it is true that in later years Nikolai had some un-orthodox ideas for power transmission through the atmosphere.  But what Nikolai is really famous for was AC power generation and transmission through copper wires using step up and step down transformers.  That allowed for low loss transmission over great distances which Edison’s’ DC system could not do.  Nikolai also invented the AC induction motor which is at the heart of the Tesla powertrain.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »

My favorite electric vehicle is a bicycle! 

Believe it or not Kingbee, but I tend to agree with you about electric cars.  This post was really about the Republicans once again trying to thwart competition in iddees home state. Sad 

If I was going to buy an electric vehicle (I’m not BTW), the Volt makes more logical sense to me because with a Volt, you would not need to own 2 vehicles to do the job of one gasoline vehicle (since the Volt is not range limited like the Tesla).  Volt is also much cheaper and engineered by professionals. 

As for the namesake of the Tesla, it is true that in later years Nikolai had some un-orthodox ideas for power transmission through the atmosphere.  But what Nikolai is really famous for was AC power generation and transmission through copper wires using step up and step down transformers.  That allowed for low loss transmission over great distances which Edison’s’ DC system could not do.  Nikolai also invented the AC induction motor which is at the heart of the Tesla powertrain.

Blue,
I'm another not in the market for an electric car.  laugh  But your point about the practicality of the Volt over the Tesla not being range limited is a legitimate one.  However, the funny/sad part of that is the whole time the Volt was being developed by GM they lied to the public...It was marketed and pushed as a 100% electric vehicle.  They even had a line of BS that the motor would simple be used to recharge the batteries, not "drive" the vehicle.  Turns out it was all BS, the Volt is nothing but a hybrid flop, that next to no one wants...even with huge government subsidies.

If only they could ever learn....just let the market place work....

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 04:01:33 PM »

Kingbee I made a living off trading for a few years.  I know Jack, Jane, and even Spot. Wink  

If you think volume has anything to do with market prices, you’re like a crawdad in a pot of hot water.  I think that might be a good analogy for you. Smiley

Kingbee I made a living off trading for a few years.  I know Jack, Jane, and even Spot. Wink 

Who was president when you were making a living off trading?
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »

Not sure where you came up with the idea that the Volt was supposed to be an “all electric” vehicle Moots.  The concept car in 2007 was a series hybrid as was everything after that.  GM never said it was going to be an all electric after 2007.  Series hybrid saves everybody $$$ since they require less batteries.  The design goal of 40miles would allow many people to commute to work without ever using gas.  The ICE allows the same car to make it to Disney World if so desired.  The Nissan Leaf was the all electric contender for the middle class; not the Volt.   

As for a “flop” you may need to provide us with your ‘definition’ of a “flop”.  The Volt/Ampera family is the best selling plug-in hybrid in the world.  Best in the world and you call that a flop?  OK….

Sterling, when I was actively trading it was prior to the Obama years. Sad  I’ll admit I didn’t catch the doubling of the S&P under Obama   Cry 
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 10:44:47 PM »

Sterling, He ain't saying who it was under. Probably Bush.  cheer

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 10:48:32 PM »

grin
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 11:10:12 PM »

Not sure where you came up with the idea that the Volt was supposed to be an “all electric” vehicle Moots.  The concept car in 2007 was a series hybrid as was everything after that.  GM never said it was going to be an all electric after 2007.  Series hybrid saves everybody $$$ since they require less batteries.  The design goal of 40miles would allow many people to commute to work without ever using gas.  The ICE allows the same car to make it to Disney World if so desired.  The Nissan Leaf was the all electric contender for the middle class; not the Volt.  

As for a “flop” you may need to provide us with your ‘definition’ of a “flop”.  The Volt/Ampera family is the best selling plug-in hybrid in the world.  Best in the world and you call that a flop?  OK….

Sterling, when I was actively trading it was prior to the Obama years. Sad  I’ll admit I didn’t catch the doubling of the S&P under Obama   :'(  

Where did I get the idea that the Volt was suppose to only use it's batteries to drive it's wheels?

Probably from quotes like this...
"In the past, and based on GM's claims, we've gone so far as to call the Volt GM's "Jesus Car." And why wouldn't we call it that? We were told the Volt would achieve 230 MPG fuel economy and would always use the electric drivetrain to motivate the wheels — only using the onboard gasoline engine as a "range extender" for charging the batteries. It now turns out that not only were those fuel economy claims misleading, but the gasoline engine is actually used to motivate the wheels — making the Volt potentially nothing more than a very advanced hybrid car and pushing some automotive journalists like Scott Oldham at Edmunds.com to claim "GM lied to the world" about it."
LINK TO FULL ARTICLE!

Bragging that the Volt is the best selling plug in hybrid in the world is sort of like bragging that you're the tallest guy in Munchkin Land....NOT REAL IMPRESSIVE!

Where did i get the idea the Volt was a flop....Hmm

Maybe stories like this....
Chevrolet Volt Sales Redefine 'Failure'
and this...
WaPo Editors Declare Chevy Volt a Flop
and this...
Chevy Volt Deemed One Of The Worst Product Flops Of 2011, But Should It Be?
and this...
Obama’s Chevy Volt, Fiat 500 Among Biggest Flops of 2011

Just to mention a few!  Trust me, there are plenty more, just let me know if you want more links!  Smiley

OK....Maybe just one more!  This one REALLY shows just how "successful" the Volt is by starting off with this little tidbit of information:
"Nearly two years after the introduction of the path-breaking plug-in hybrid, GM is still losing as much as $49,000 on each Volt it builds, according to estimates provided to Reuters by industry analysts and manufacturing experts."
(Full Article) Insight: GM's Volt: The ugly math of low sales, high costs
And imagine, you're "shocked" that I called it a flop.  huh lau lau lau
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:22:54 PM by Moots » Logged

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:04 PM »

OK, you got me. grin  I really can’t argue that electric cars is a good solution in good faith; they aren't.

All of this non sense was really driven by the dictatorship of the California Air Resource Board (CARB) since the 1990s.  They have been absolutely obsessed on forcing an electric solution even though the physics isn’t there yet.  They call the electric solution “zero emissions”.  They’re just moving pollution from the cities to the countryside, but it makes them feel better I guess.

GM knew way back in the 1990s that electric vehicles were impractical for the foreseeable future.  That’s why the crushed all the EV1s.  Sometimes you simply have to do what the politicians demand; no matter how stupid it is.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:46 AM »

grin

grin grin
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »

OK, you got me. grin  I really can’t argue that electric cars is a good solution in good faith; they aren't.

All of this non sense was really driven by the dictatorship of the California Air Resource Board (CARB) since the 1990s.  They have been absolutely obsessed on forcing an electric solution even though the physics isn’t there yet.  They call the electric solution “zero emissions”.  They’re just moving pollution from the cities to the countryside, but it makes them feel better I guess.

GM knew way back in the 1990s that electric vehicles were impractical for the foreseeable future.  That’s why the crushed all the EV1s.  Sometimes you simply have to do what the politicians demand; no matter how stupid it is.

Blue,
Appreciate the moment of truth there...sure that didn't come easily.  laugh grin

You were doing so good with that entire post, I was actually impressed....Right up to that last sentence, "Sometimes you simply have to do what the politicians demand; no matter how stupid it is."

No Blue.....You don't....and shouldn't....if more people would understand that, the country would be a lot better off!  Smiley

- Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »

All of this non sense was really driven by the dictatorship of the California Air Resource Board (CARB) since the 1990s.  They have been absolutely obsessed on forcing an electric solution even though the physics isn’t there yet.  They call the electric solution “zero emissions”.  They’re just moving pollution from the cities to the countryside, but it makes them feel better I guess.

so you are saying that because one state is stupid, the feds must follow and fund that stupidity across the nation, AND with our tax dollars? 
wouldn't it make more sense to say "hey, CA, you are on your own.  good luck with that", and let CA have it's little experiment?  when they found that they either couldn't get the vehicles, or that the cost was prohibitive, they might change their policy?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »

Kathy, you know Boxer and Pelosi would never go for that. They would be making eunuchs out of congressmen left and right.

IF THEY COULD FIND A MAGNIFYING GLASS.

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next