Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 15, 2014, 01:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Tesla for Iddee  (Read 6272 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:50 AM »

Sad to say, but once again we see hypocrisy and cronyism from our friends in the Republican party; this time in iddees own back yard. Sad  NC tries to ban Tesla direct sales in the Tarheel state. Sad

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/auto-dealers-push-law-blocking-tesla-sales-north-194223800.html

Sadly the Republicans have absolutely no interest in free enterprise and competition.  If the dollars aren’t flowing to their cronies, they’re going to outlaw it!  We saw the same exact thing when the Republicans all piled on to liquidate the Big 3.  They didn’t give a hoot about saving THOSE GM jobs (in Ohio and Mich), but boy when GM wanted to drastically cut the dealerships in the Republicans districts, all of a sudden that was outlawed…no matter how unprofitable they were.      

Yep, the Republican’s can sure pile on those “regulations” when they want to. Sad  And I seem to recall some beeks here claiming it was all those rules and regulations that were hampering business huh  It just gets sooooo confusing  huh

Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:30:48 AM »

Oh, there you are.....explain the ruin in Ca.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:38:05 AM »

sadly bluebee I see the same thing here in our little and insignificant farmer's market.  the folks who talk the loudest (and actually know the least) about 'free enterprise' (what ever that might possible mean to their uneducated minds) are also the exact same folks that want to limit the entrance of people who are selling what ever they are selling at the market.  not unexpected for sure... but a bit hypocritical none the less.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »

For close to half a century it has been illegal for car manufacturers to sell directly to consumers in NC.

Take off the partisan blinders and try reading about the issue; nothing to see here. Well, except maybe that $7,000 tax credit you get for buying one of these. I wonder which party set up that level playing field?

-glenn-
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:59 AM »

Blue,
In the bigger picture....

I guess the whole concept of the difference between states rights and their ability to do something (right or wrong) as opposed to that of an overbearing federal government, which was always intended by our founders to have very CLEARLY defined and LIMITED power, totally escaped you on this issue. 

Either that or you just couldn't pass on the opportunity to pick up your proverbial stick and poke at some conservatives....I mean, that's really where all the fun is at, for a "moderate" such as yourself....isn't it?  Can't get caught up in the details of worrying whether or not the facts of a particular situation are really on your side or not....can you?  laugh

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »

Bluebee, have you even read the article? First, it does NOT stop the sale of Tesla in NC. It stops the company from bypassing the dealerships and selling direct. What would happen if you bought one and had a problem with it? No dealership in the state to fix it. The company isn't set up to make repairs. You are stuck with a VERY expensive vehicle and no one to work on it, unless you want to pay a tow bill all the way back to the factory. Then pay public transportation fares to go and get it when done.  All the while reducing the employment of car dealers and their employees throughout the state. I thought Dems were for saving jobs. Thank goodness I won't have one. At least until they have dealers to care for them.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »

Iddee, do they have you brainwashed too. Sad

What happens when your computer breaks?  Your TV?  Your toaster?  Do you take your broken toaster or a toaster dealership to fix?  

There are lots and lots of mom and pop auto repair shops that would love your business IF the Republicans would let them!  One of the beauties of the electric car over the internal combustion engine is the simplicity of the engine and transmission.  Far far fewer moving parts in an induction motor than an ICE.  A monkey could fix them  Smiley
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:38 AM »

What happens when your computer breaks?  Your TV?  Your toaster?  Do you take your broken toaster or a toaster dealership to fix?  

Blue,

When my toaster breaks, I throw it away, go to Wal-mart, spend 15 bucks and get a new one...Do you really think this is a valid comparison of how one should handle a problem with a 70,000 automobile.  huh

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »

to Moots point about state vs. federal.  this seems to be a thig the the left simply can't grasp.  if Michigan had decided to spend the dollars of Michigan tax payers to save an auto industry, i would have had nothing to say about it.  i might have thought it foolish, but that would have been the decision of the state and that states taxpayers.

it's when the federal government decides use my tax dollars to bail out an industry, any industry, that i have a problem. 

no point in going on about it.  for some reason liberals don't get the distinction.  i think it comes from the idea that taxes are "owed" and that the federal government is good at spending those dollars.  also a lack of understanding of history, the constitution, etc.  until they grasp fundamentals, they can't get the rest of the stuff.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »

Computer=1000 bucks plus = Apple store

TV = 200 bucks = new tv

Toaster = 15 bucks = new toaster

Vehicle = warranty = DEALER

Besides, I thought you supported the unionized dealerships, not the non union 1 man back yard business.

You can argue both sides without supporting either, can't you? Like most "left past liberal" moderates, you can't seem to make up your mind.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »

Nope, I always support fair competition.  When competition is thwarted by the Republicans, or others, everybody loses except for crony capitalism.  FYI…very few dealerships are actually unionized.

What does a person do in North Carolina if they own a Microsoft PC?

Where do you return your house if it is defective?

Why do you want the Republicans dictating to you how you must buy things?  Evidently nobody on here has taken their car to a dealership and gotten a bill lately.  lau lau lau
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 01:13:39 PM »

Nope, I always support fair competition.  When competition is thwarted by the Republicans, or others, everybody loses except for crony capitalism.  FYI…very few dealerships are actually unionized.

What does a person do in North Carolina if they own a Microsoft PC?

Where do you return your house if it is defective?

Why do you want the Republicans dictating to you how you must buy things?  Evidently nobody on here has taken their car to a dealership and gotten a bill lately.  lau lau lau

And the ruin in Ca?     jaw drop
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »

""Nope, I always support fair competition.""

Total falsehood. If that were so, you would despise unions. Being a non-union worker, It grips my backside when told I can't be hired unless I join the union and pay their ""protection money"", as the mafia calls it.

LATELY??? I have never taken my vehicle to a dealer and gotten a bill for it. That doesn't mean they should be put out of business. Also, we have unionized dealers here, in a right to work state. I can't imagine you don't have in a union "owned" state.

I have never bought a new house, but if I did, I would expect the builder, or his subcontractors, to make repairs.

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 01:53:21 PM »

everybody loses except for crony capitalism

lau

what do you think the government buying into, and subsidizing companies, is? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »

If it's technology, then I call it investment.

If it is subsidizing the most profitable business on the planet (big oil), then I call it crony capitalism.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »

Of what ruins do you speak Fox Creek?  Toltec?  Aztec?  Swarchenegger?

No KathyP, I have said over and over I despise anti competitive practices.  That includes organizations (or unions) that prevent people from working.  Am I against unions?  Not really, but I sure wish there was never a need for them in the first place.  I agree they are an anti competitive force.  But why did they come about in the first place?  Because of a lack of rules, regulations, and common human decency of the 1%ers that ran the businesses of old.  Luckily the Feds stepped in over the years and remedied many of the problems.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 06:36:20 PM »

If it's technology, then I call it investment.

really?  and who decides what is worth "investing" in?  what happens when you don't get a return on your money? 

No KathyP, I have said over and over I despise anti competitive practices.

again, really?  isn't it anti competitive for the government to give money to one auto company while others have to compete in the market, not only for sales, but against the company being supported by the government.
the same would be true of your tech "investments".  if the government is supporting a handful of solar companies and others have to compete without the governments help, isn't that kind of hard on competition.

thinking that you are unsure of the definition of crony capitalism, here are some explanations for you.  you can google more.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/crony-capitalism.html

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cronycapitalism.asp

If it is subsidizing the most profitable business on the planet (big oil), then I call it crony capitalism.

do you know that there is no subsidy for "big oil"?  there are the same corporate tax considerations for them as for any other company.  that would include your tech companies.  in fact, many of you tech companies are getting direct subsidies and then not paying taxes and charging the consumer on top of it all.  we pay twice for things like green energy. 

Alexis de Tocqueville
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »

""That includes organizations (or unions) that prevent people from working.  Am I against unions?  Not really, but I sure wish there was never a need for them in the first place.""

Can't make up your mind.

There was a need for covered wagons, too, but they were mostly phased out when the need was gone. Not unions, tho, they were just made stronger.

Oh, BTW, I've never seen a Microsoft computer. I didn't know they made one. Did you type faster than you thought, one more time?

*Shel Silverstein*
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 08:42:08 PM »

... When competition is thwarted by the Republicans, or others, everybody loses except for crony capitalism.  FYI…

Do you mean like this shriveled up and ready to blow away crony capitalism.  But I digress.  You think that it is find and dandy when the Democrat Party crawls into the sack with their capitalism cronies and pulls the covers up over their heads so no one can  see.  
That is how the Democrats managed to spend $11,000,000 dollars on Green Energy and counting for every permanent job the Dims created.  So sad Blue, So very very sad.  But so true Blue, so very very true. tumbleweed

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,41253.0.html
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 10:04:11 PM »

You see, this is the reason I know our conservative beeks don’t really understand investing or have practical experience doing it.  Anybody with real experience KNOWS you don’t make money on every investment.  NOBODY wins all the time.  How many attempts did it take Edison before he had success with the light bulb?  It’s lunacy to think you know the outcome of every investment before you even start.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next