Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 23, 2014, 02:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changed Browser  (Read 879 times)
Geoff
Field Bee

« on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:05 PM »

Have been using Firefox for ages but changed today to Google Chrome, still cant believe the difference in speed. Is it just something to do with my computer or is it the software?

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »

it really is supposed to be faster.  in spite of encouragement from my brother, i have not tried it. keep us posted so we know how you are doing with it.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:29 PM »

At one point IE was fast then they added more and more bloatware.  I then switched to Firefox because they were more streamlined (faster) and less prone to viruses.  I still use Firefox but it seems to be getting pretty bloated too.  If Chrome is faster, maybe they haven't added a bunch of bloatware yet.  All the add ones that get appended to these browsers also slows them down.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32:06 PM »

Toolbars are the biggest drag to any browser. b
Be especially care
Careful of the ASk toolbar and remove java from your machine unless you really need it for something you use.  Do not remove JavaScript from your browser though,it is not the same as Java.
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 09:26:47 PM »

Thanks Kathy, Bluebee and buzzbee.  Chrome certainly seems to be uncluttered and not loaded with bloatware ( never heard the expression before Bluebee).  Also mabuzzbee looks better asleep on the couch, I can say that from 10,000 miles away.

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 03:26:47 AM »

I've been using chrome primarily since ifs release in 2008 and absolutely love it.  I left IE for Firefox. and used it for a number of years before moving to chrome, somewhere in there I used Opal for a short while but have no real memories of it, either good or bad.

One word of caution, chrome is my browser of choice and I use it 99.9% of the time. However, I still keep both Firefox and IE on my computers. On rare occasion, I will find certain sites or specific functions on certain sites that will not play nice with chrome. Whenever weird unexplainable things happen, I've become accustomed to trying a different browser as troubleshooting step number one.

In fairness to chrome, I've seen occasions where the opposite is true...I've had users fighting strange issues with IE, had them try Chrome, and like magic, it works!   Smiley GO FIGURE!  grin

And yes...I think it's Chrome's minimalist approach that keeps it fast.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
cidersabuzzin
House Bee

vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »

I've been using chrome primarily since ifs release in 2008 and absolutely love it.  I left IE for Firefox. and used it for a number of years before moving to chrome, somewhere in there I used Opal for a short while but have no real memories of it, either good or bad.

One word of caution, chrome is my browser of choice and I use it 99.9% of the time. However, I still keep both Firefox and IE on my computers. On rare occasion, I will find certain sites or specific functions on certain sites that will not play nice with chrome. Whenever weird unexplainable things happen, I've become accustomed to trying a different browser as troubleshooting step number one.

In fairness to chrome, I've seen occasions where the opposite is true...I've had users fighting strange issues with IE, had them try Chrome, and like magic, it works!   Smiley GO FIGURE!  grin

And yes...I think it's Chrome's minimalist approach that keeps it fast.

Hi
I use google  (old style) mainly firefox but also dolphin, I'm a little perturbed about the stories I have heard about chromes alledged retention of private information (which you cannot delete) very fast, all the better gather more info miss RRH..........shall have to stop this, sounding more and more like iddee, foxy etc......ugh! Smiley

Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...
Geoff
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »

I have nothing to hide but am an impatient type so I'll go with the speed. No regrets about changing yet, its working well.

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »

That's two strikes, cider. One more and I will begin retaliation.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next