After spotting the queen cells a week ago and alternating 3 empty bars in brood comb, I just checked the hive. The queen cells had been torn down and replaced by regular comb. There were lots of empty brood cells, some uncapped larvae, didn't spot any eggs, but this is a real challenge for me normally. I didn't have a camera man this time so pictures aren't available to examine. There was still sealed brood on the lower parts of brood comb. The population did not appear to have diminished. I did not see a queen, temperament of the hive seemed the same. It did not appear that the hive had cast a swarm, but I am at work during the day and could have easily missed it. Late yesterday afternoon there was a large group of bees taking orientation flights, guessing they are not swarm candidates. They had begun to build out 2 of the 3 new bars, but progress wasn't what I was hoping for. For the first time, I did not feed them, I'm sure they had run out of sugar mid week. I'm hoping these girls can put away some honey for the winter. They are hard at work, forager activity is strong, but in what should be the "power band" of the flow, when other (Langstrothe) beeks are adding supers, I don't see any dedicated honey comb, only capped in brood comb. There was nectar in one brood cell here and there, but not what this newbie would categorize as backfilled. Overall (assuming there is a queen there), the hive looks healthy.