Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 20, 2014, 04:48:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Threats to our rights  (Read 7737 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/30/192616/irs-may-have-targeted-conservatives.html?storylink=addthis#.Uaj035yVvlz

here's more from a site no one could consider conservative!

this is not something that a few rogue agents got into.  the more we learn, the more this had to have been a tone and policy set from the top...or at the very least, allowed from the top.  low level people don't do this kind of stuff unless they think it's expected and sanctioned.  and, the more we find out, the more it looks like multiple offices were involved, so it can't even be laid on one rogue office.

we already know that Ms I'll Take The 5th has lied about the timeline.  what else has she, and her boss lied about?  we may never know because we are paying her to sit at home and not talk.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »

I believe the IRS scandal, ( that's right, I think we can now call this a scandal.) is going to be bigger, more dangerous, more damaging and have a more chilling effect on America than WATERGATE! Way bigger. WE now have 88 IRS agents involved and counting. Innocent Americans were targeted and punished because they did not agree with the current leftist agenda of this administration. The conservative vote was suppressed!     Proving Washington was directing these actions could be problematic. (Executive privilege and all.) Lets see how transparent the administration is. The IRS is already claiming privacy rights. (get that?) When the IRS comes after you, do you get to claim privacy rights?  The wagons are circling.

Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »

Anyone watching the Ways and means I.R.S. hearings ? As we learn more, the democrats at the hearings are becoming more and more defensive. Demo. McDermott was shameful, becoming embarrassing. Claiming the 5th, hiding under the desk, running for cover...Sorry the democrats are caught. In my opinion, rights were violated, innocents were punished, all to protect Obama's reelection. We learn every day how those responsible were not rouge agents. Those responsible are much higher up the chain.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »

I watched part of it before i had to go out.  all of these scandals are equally bad, but for different reasons.  this one, you would think, would have the average American up in arms.  i am not hearing that.  not sure why.  one reason, i think, is that people are used to the dems being corrupt and used to them getting a pass.
 you know that liberals won't get fired up about liberal malfeasance even though this is way worse than any fascist fantasy they had about bush.
most of the middle is oblivious....which is why they are in the middle in the first place. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2013, 12:51:13 AM »

one reason, i think, is that people are used to the dems being corrupt and used to them getting a pass.
Nixon, Ollie North, Gingrinch, Ted Stevens, Bush's WMD, ring a bell?

Of the "scandals" the conservatives like to spend all their time on, this one would upset me the most.  Using the IRS as a harassment tool is a gross abuse of power.  Some heads should roll on this one.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 01:14:30 AM »

Nixon, Ollie North, Gingrinch, Ted Stevens, Bush's WMD, ring a bell?

i'll give you nixon. the rest i think you should recheck.

that really is not the point though. the point i was making is that liberals accept a level of corruption from their pols as a matter of course.  what nixon did was not as bad, at least not any worse, than what clinton did, yet the dems rallied behind clinton.  nixon was convinced to resign by the republicans.

i watched much of the hearings today and at least two dems tried to blame the organizations for what happened.  if they were not conservatives, they would not have been targeted...really?  that's going to be your argument?

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:07 AM »

>Nixon, Ollie North, Gingrinch, Ted Stevens, Bush's WMD, ring a bell?

I don't see the point in compiling a list of Democrat scandals... my fingers would get tired...

We have the best politicians money can buy...

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 08:42:29 AM »

"We have the best politicians money can buy...

AMEN

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »

More threats:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/us-govt-secretly-collecting-data-millions-verizon-users-013542225.html

U.S. government secretly collecting data on millions of Verizon users: Report

Michael Bush
-------------------
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »

you can bet that verizon is not the only one.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »

>you can bet that verizon is not the only one.

I am sure.  Now they are tracking our phone calls.  They already confiscated our medical records (the IRS needs these?) I can't count how many times I've been frisked, my luggage searched, my body x-rayed.  What area of privacy do we have left?  Obviously none...

Michael Bush
-------------------
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »

This is disturbing. They say they're not looking at Americans, but it is disturbing. I think if we're going to exist in an internet age, this is what we're going to get.

As for medical records, they have not been confiscated by the govt. They're electronic in order to be shared between clinics. So if you end up in an ER several states away, your records could be accessed to see if you have allergies, drug interactions, etc.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »

This is disturbing. They say they're not looking at Americans, but it is disturbing. I think if we're going to exist in an internet age, this is what we're going to get.

As for medical records, they have not been confiscated by the govt. They're electronic in order to be shared between clinics. So if you end up in an ER several states away, your records could be accessed to see if you have allergies, drug interactions, etc.
The IRS will have all medical records by the end of this year.
And when Obama Care is fully implemented and run by the IRS they can see if you vote Democratic or Republican or if you are a Jew or Christian so they can make the judgment if you will get a needed treatment or not like they have been doing with the tax exempt status.
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »

> they have not been confiscated by the govt.

But they have.

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/irs-face-lawsuit-over-theft-60-million-patient-health-records
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2013/05/15/the-irs-raids-60-million-personal-medical-records/

Michael Bush
-------------------
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »

I think if we're going to exist in an internet age, this is what we're going to get.

i remember the hysteria over the fact that someone might look at library records.  now...hey, we should expect this kind of stuff?

i was not overly upset by the passage of the patriot act.  the majority of it was updates for tech.  other parts might have been an issue but because it had been passed by congress, it could be tweaked by both congress and the courts.  a lot of it needed to be done because laws had not kept up with technology.

i assumed that there would be abuses and attempted abuses, but i assumed (silly me) that the checks in the government and the courts would allow any over-reach to be corrected.  in a normal american government, this would be the case.  we don't have a normal american government at work right now. 

this is 3rd word crap and it's happening because we have a lot of people shrugging their shoulders and saying that we should expect it.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/06/07/progressives-must-stand-with-new-york-times-against-obama/

this is written by a very liberal contributor to fox new.  i know that some of you might find it shocking that fox has liberals, but they do.

Julie Roginsky is a Fox News contributor and political and media consultant. She has served as a senior political strategist for Senator Frank Lautenberg and Congressmen Frank Pallone, Jr., Albio Sires and Steve Rothman, among others. She was previously the Capitol Hill communications director for Senator Jon Corzine.

what she misses is that this IS the progressive agenda.  it is about top down government.  top down depends on more and more government control.  what is the number one means of control, outside of force?  information.  This is also part of the reason that government control of heath care is a progressive check box.  it's got nothing to do, at the political level, with providing healthcare.  it has everything to do with control.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/06/07/progressives-must-stand-with-new-york-times-against-obama/

this is written by a very liberal contributor to fox new.  i know that some of you might find it shocking that fox has liberals, but they do.

Julie Roginsky is a Fox News contributor and political and media consultant. She has served as a senior political strategist for Senator Frank Lautenberg and Congressmen Frank Pallone, Jr., Albio Sires and Steve Rothman, among others. She was previously the Capitol Hill communications director for Senator Jon Corzine.

what she misses is that this IS the progressive agenda.  it is about top down government.  top down depends on more and more government control.  what is the number one means of control, outside of force?  information.  This is also part of the reason that government control of heath care is a progressive check box.  it's got nothing to do, at the political level, with providing healthcare.  it has everything to do with control.

Kathyp, you are absolutely correct. It has everything to do with control. A nightmare for those of us who believe in freedom and liberty. The progressives have infiltrated every part of government. The constitution is largely being ignored. Don't believe Obama when he calmly tells us we need to give up our freedom to remain safe. I said it before and I will say it again.....America experienced a "coup DE tat" in 2008.

The progressives have been caught with their pants down. (scandals) We as Americans must hold conservative politicians feet to the fire. Insist they go after those who have violated your rights. Make the phone calls! Donate to groups you are sure are fighting the good fight!

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2013, 04:38:01 PM »

Time for a reminder. It seems to be more true every day.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »

Alive and well!  The market was up ANOTHER 200 points today.  Amazing. angel

Maybe that marker of Iddees's should read: USA DIED Nov 4th 2000, RE-BORN Nov 4th 2008?
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 09:26:47 AM »

yes, the market was up on the economic report.  why?  because investors realized it was not good enough...just bad enough, to keep the feds pumping and interest rates low. 

the fact that the market took a jump on that kind of news means that everyone was sitting there with their finger on the trigger to sell if they thought it was going to go the other way.

if we ever do get good news that causes the fed to stop pumping and let interest rates climb to where they should be, the market is going to make a correction.
  if we simply trash our dollar, run out of other peoples money, or something like losing reserve currency status happens, the market is going to crash. 
and that's just stuff happening to us.  it doesn't take into account what's going on in the rest of the world.

a correction is desirable because it means that we are really recovering and the market will find it's real place.  a crash...not so desirable.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next