Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 19, 2014, 09:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Threats to our rights  (Read 8632 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »

And now its the EPA! When are people going to wake up to who Obama really is. Maybe its time to look at V. Jarrett.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

she's a problem for sure.  people tried to point out her history in chicago, but she seems to be sprayed with the same non-stick product.  no one even bothered to report on her...well, almost no one. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »

....  I myself think it would be much more simple to look into any and all federal tax deductions and

simply eliminate some of these outright.   

I would more than welcome the abolition of all nonprofit organizations period, slash exclamation point.  Up to and including groups like the ones started by Rockefeller, Ford, Carnage, Mellon, Keith Kellogg, etc.  They were all the type of people C. Panther says are yanking the country around. 

Besides, a non-profit organization or foundation is one of those HUGE tax avoidance schemes the super duper rich use to avoid estate taxes while at the same time fixing their sons and daughters up with well paying, no work jobs for life managing Pappy's nonprofit. 

The government also has so much more experience operating at a loss than all the oil men, railroad tycoons, steel barons, and shipping magnates combined that the government has an unfair advantage operating at a loss.  Get private industry out of the business that the government does best, (operating in the red)  grin and maybe then we can pry the government out of your business and mine.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »

When are people going to wake up to who Obama really is.
We're well aware of who President Obama is.  That is why we re-elected him again.  applause applause applause
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »

When are people going to wake up to who Obama really is.
We're well aware of who President Obama is.  That is why we re-elected him again.  applause applause applause

Yes, I'm quite sure your happy! Wait till the entire country is in financial ruin, as the left have done to Califo....wait......tell us about Ca.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »

I would more than welcome the abolition of all nonprofit organizations period, slash exclamation point.  
Somehow I doubt all the conservatives that like wrap themselves (and their ideas) around the Bible would go along with removing Churches from nonprofit status.  Wink
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 09:05:56 PM »

Last I knew, CA has the 12th largest economy in the world?

What ruins do you speak of Fox Creek?  Toltec?  Aztec?  Swarchenegger?

You gotta be specific about a problem if you want a solution. 
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »

Last I knew, CA has the 12th largest economy in the world?

What ruins do you speak of Fox Creek?  Toltec?  Aztec?  Swarchenegger?

You gotta be specific about a problem if you want a solution. 

Oh...that's right. I almost forgot.......Leftist like to feign ignorance too.     laugh laugh laugh
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:09 PM »

i'd do away with them also because i'd go to a flat tax that everyone would pay.  i'd also consider a national sales tax, but i think the pols could mess with that to much.

i believe people would support charities and churches even without the tax exemption.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »

LOL, have you ever looked at the finances of small town churches?  Doesn’t sound like it. laugh  They barely survive!  Quite often there is a substantial mortgage, water bills, power bills, and often large salaries.  Most would sink in a nanosecond without their tax exempt status.   

It's kind of ironic how everybody wants to get paid top dollar for their “service”, even when working for God.  Our Church was interested in hiring a guy from the Detroit area.  He was an assistant minister there and was making….better sit down for this…$150K a year.

Yes, maybe I should become a preacher next  grin
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »

i'd go to a flat tax that everyone would pay. 

Funny how you and Governor Moonbeam think alike  angel
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »

no one is wrong 100% of the time.  not even him.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 04:04:34 PM »

I would more than welcome the abolition of all nonprofit organizations period, slash exclamation point.  
Somehow I doubt all the conservatives that like wrap themselves (and their ideas) around the Bible would go along with removing Churches from nonprofit status.  Wink

I don't.  Let all non profit organizations live or die by their own ideas and merit.  That goes for every church every union every professional group but especially for every so called non profit charity.  As one example among many the Humane Society of the United States has 1/4 of a Billion dollars every year, but after staff and fund raising expenses etc are deducted the HSUS only has a paltry $5,000 (or less) left each year to spend on homeless cats and dogs. angry
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 11:32:07 PM »

I think I’m going to agree with you on this one Kingbee. applause applause applause

It really is discouraging when you hear stories of ALL the money (or nearly so) of a non profit group going to pay off exurbanite salaries of staff and virtually nothing going to the alleged beneficiary.   If what you say about the Humane Society is true, that really is sad. Sad Sad Sad

My little town (we’re talking 5000 people here) has no less than 10 churches!  Kind of a waste of capital to have so many churches per capita.  Getting rid of non profit status would wipe out at least 8 of the 10.  At least the survivors would be economically viable.     

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2013, 04:23:00 AM »

I think I’m going to agree with you on this one Kingbee....Its discouraging when you hear stories of ALL the money (or nearly so) of a non profit group going to pay off exurbanite salaries of staff and virtually nothing going to the alleged beneficiary.   If what you say about the Humane Society is true, that really is sad.

http://www.humanewatch.org/four-fifths_of_one_percent/

http://www.humanesocietydonations.org/caught-in-the-eye-of-the-storm/
The HSUS is even charged in a RICO case because the HSUS paid a witness to lie about the treatment of animals in Federal Court.

Finally there is this thumbnail sketch that fits the HSUS's teachings about bees and bee keeping to a tee.
"...Lastly, there’s the myth of honey as a “health food” and thus the related misconception that honey is a necessary component of a healthy diet. Nothing could be further from the truth. Humans do not require honey and in fact, honey can be dangerous to infants. Never feed a baby honey! There is simply no nutritional need for honey. Suitable alternatives to honey include agave syrup or maple syrup. Or we can forgo liquid sweeteners entirely if we want."

http://www.vegansoapbox.com/why-vegans-avoid-honey/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:04:26 AM by kingbee » Logged
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »

A report came out yesterday, D.H.S. has been following, monitoring and intimidating Tea Party rallies across the country. Very little coverage on this. I would like to hear Napolitano's reasoning for this harassment.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2013, 10:47:23 AM »

makes sense, Fox.  they already put out the factors that make people a potential terrorist.  who fits that better than tea party folks? 

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »

I'd like to know why political groups should have a tax-exempt status.

If the IRS is targeting based strictly on politics, I think that's wrong.
If they're targeting political groups in general unfairly seeking tax exemption, that's another thing.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »

I'd like to know why political groups should have a tax-exempt status.

If they're targeting political groups in general unfairly seeking tax exemption, that's another thing.

Really?...Leftist groups have been using these laws to great success for decades!!!   Conservatives finally catch on, then have some success and NOW everyone is objecting!!! Too friggen funny!

You should be aware the I.R.S. targeted a certain political point of view.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 02:42:38 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/us/politics/irs-apologizes-to-conservative-groups-over-application-audits.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

that puts the question of targeting to rest.  however, this article is early and it gets much worse.  i'm sure you have been paying attention, so i don't have to recap all of it.
 the worst, in my opinion, was watching an employee of mine sit before congress and refuse to answer questions, then be put on paid leave because she refused to resign when asked.  of course, she was only marginally worse than the arrogant one and the glib one......

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next