Ah a manilla envelope! That sounds like a great tool for scooping bees. The things you learn.
I tried the transfer yesterday evening and it went . . . poorly
I got most of that clump and the bees that were on the bars, as well as what comb they had built, into the hive (its a top bar) but the design of the swarm trap (or lack of design) did not lend itself to shaking. I got at least half if not more of the bees into the hive before it got too dark to proceed, and I left the hive where it was and the opened trap underneath it but with enough shelter to give the bees somewhere to hide. So far it looks like they've started mostly moving into the hive , my plan is to see how things go during the day today. Hopefully the majority of bees moves to the hive and I can then just shake the remnants into a box and then shake those into the hive.
I think that the biggest reason for that clump is that this is a BIG swarm. From the pictures I've seen this looks much much bigger.