The weather is going to determine when they swarm its been unseasonably cold here in Southwest Virginia. The day after i inspected, Sunday, it was cold and windy. Monday and Tuesday thunderstorms. Wednesday isn't going to be any better. I told my friend to throw out a bait hive in anticipation that they would find it if they swarm before we have time to split. One thing to note is that this is not our only hive and i have nucs started that will adjust for this.
bait hive does not help.
But working with hive in storm is not good either.
Put an empty new box aside the hive.
then lift over the excluder he bursting hive.
Then it is better to wait proper weather to continue
with artificial swarm.