If you are going to use a mite strip, use something with formic acid. Stay away from the ones laced with camaphous(CheckMite Plus). for two reasons, 1 ) mites have grown resistant to these 2) The packaging says if absorbed through the skin it can cause damage to the nervous system( yours not the bees).
On top of that it stays residually in the hive.
Some of the formic acid types can be applied with the honey supers on as the rersidual dissipates and formic acid naturally occurs in the hive. Just not at the levels the strips provide.