Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 06:07:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Rage I caught on video ( It was against me )  (Read 4542 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:41 PM »

Me pulling up to them is an illusion - I maintained speed and he slowed down, I had no intention to catch up with him.

I remember the first time parked at a traffic light and a car along side me backed up slowly, I swore my car was moving forward no matter how hard I mashed the brakes. Trust me, I had his plate and that's all I wanted, and that was only if my window was cracked from his tossing something at my passenger side miles back. I sure didn't need a mugshot of this thug.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:14:10 AM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
jmblakeney
House Bee

James

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2013, 01:00:29 PM »

I asked about a similar instance and was told by my local pd that whatever evidence I had must be in its original form.  i.e. not edited into a movie or printed pictures.  Because of photoshoping and such.  If you still have the original film and let them view that as well it may help.  I realize that your editing is just freeze frames and enlarging but they may want to do that part themselves to keep everything legal.  I am not sure. 

Hope the scumbags have a record and this just seals the deal on them. 

James

"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »

Yes I do have the original, and it is uncut so I'm sure they'll be happy.

I will burn both onto CD so they have still shots as well as the original video.

A combination of the two with their license plate especially blown up will be very handy. I'll be moving it to my computer so I can burn it tonight I'll give them everything I have.

Follow us on TWITTER

JP
The Swarm King
Universal Bee

I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »

Holy smokes, was that a vanilla shake? I believe that's a federal offense John!

...JP

"Good friends are as sweet as honey" Winne the Pooh

My pictures can be viewed at http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus
and
http://picasaweb.google.com/112138792165178452970

My Youtube videos can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=JPthebeeman&aq=f

My website JPthebeeman.com http://www.jpthebeeman.com/jpthebeeman/
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 04:38:22 PM »

well... I went to the police department today, I submitted a two page letter (much like my original post here) and the original video, close ups of the license and the driver and passenger images.

The officer said a police report will be read in 5 days, that I could pursue this in court - but since no officer saw this incident, it would be a civil case if I chose to pursue it.

He did say though (he watched all pics and video that his license would be ran and recorded if any further situations occurred to me or others.

Basically, nothing can or will be done unless of course I chose to follow through with it. Needless to say, I already see this is likely to go no-where, but I did my part documenting it. I'll wait and see if the police report states anything - I can't see how it would other than my input.

I won't even say it's up to the cops now, I see them doing nothing - as for me, I'm still pondering what good will actually come of it.

Follow us on TWITTER

Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 04:55:12 PM »

... but since no officer saw this incident, it would be a civil case if I chose to pursue it.

WOW!  I think I would have had to call B.S. on that one!

I suppose he thinks if I own a store and have video of someone shoplifting it's not a crime and only a civil matter unless a cop sees it happen.  huh That's a weak answer...VERY WEAK in my opinion.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 05:32:09 PM »

I gotta agree with Moots.  We’re PAYING the police to do something other than sit on their butts.  I can’t say I’m too surprised if this is a metropolitan area.  I hated dealing with the justice system when I lived in big cities.  One of the nice things about living in a small community, I go to the City Council meetings every month and get face to face time with the police chief (and other decision makers).

I would say you’ve been responsible and done your civic duty at this point.  I wouldn’t waste my life pursuing the punks in a civil case.  People like those two will eventually end up in the justice system.  
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »

I believe the point the police officer was making is that no-one was hurt, no property was damaged, nothing was stolen (as in the store-cam post above) and all of that is a matter of luck and some pretty good driving on my part. If I flinched and drove into another lane causing damage to another person or property, then surely this is enough to arrest someone (I hope).

Oh... and it's a town of 89,000, one of the least populated towns of its size in NJ. But I'm well below anything that is considered "city-like" around here. Court in the Town of Toms River is one day a week about 5 hours long, so all in all - not to animalistic a population.

I should know Friday at least what the police report says.

Follow us on TWITTER

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »

Well, let’s see if the police WANTED to do something, there are litter laws in most states, there are speed minimums and maximums, and there are reckless driving laws.  Your video evidence seems to have captured all three.  What else do they want?  They should be charged with reckless driving IMO.  Let THEM try to prove their innocents before the judge. Smiley  

Two kids killed a local 40something guy with reckless driving here a month or two ago.  I’m not up to date on what evidence the cops really need for moving violations, but I still agree with Moots.  A pathetic response from the police department so far.  
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

... but since no officer saw this incident, it would be a civil case if I chose to pursue it.

WOW!  I think I would have had to call B.S. on that one!

I suppose he thinks if I own a store and have video of someone shoplifting it's not a crime and only a civil matter unless a cop sees it happen.  huh That's a weak answer...VERY WEAK in my opinion.

Throwing an object at a moving vehicle could be a felony. An officer cannot make an arrest for a misdemeanor not committed in his presence. The victim can sign for the arrest and the officer takes custody. Careful, as this does leave the victim open for civil law suites.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:27:36 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »

that's pretty much what i expected, but at least this is on record and it's a safe bet that you are not the only one to whom they have/will have done this.

side note, though....in all the states i have traveled, i have never seen so many cops as a % of population as there are in NJ.  they are everywhere!!  the funniest thing to me was to see that if any utility work or road work was being done, around the work site were at least 2 cops.  even when there was no access by the public, there would be one or two cop cars parked.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »

It's funny you say that Kathy, I passed three construction sites today and six cop cars there LOL

Follow us on TWITTER

iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 10:03:48 PM »

Understanding why people break the law........

Case #1  We took the boat to the lake Friday. The boat launch area was busy. The parking lot nearly full. As 30 to 40 trucks and trailers were backed in beside each other, I noticed one large, 4 door dually with about a 24 foot trailer had parallel parked, taking up about 5 spaces. As a group of us were talking, one guy stated, "There's the reason people get their vehicles keyed".
No, it didn't happen there Friday, but it explained why some may do it.

Case #2  Today I was driving down a 4 lane interstate. There were 4 cars doing the speed limit. They were using 4 lanes. You could see empty highway for close to a mile in front of them as the traffic piled up behind them. Not one of them would speed up, slow down, or change lanes to let the traffic flow. I thought of this thread and began to understand why it might happen.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 10:40:33 PM »

An officer cannot make an arrest for a misdemeanor not committed in his presence.

Says who?  huh

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 10:41:14 PM »

It's funny you say that Kathy, I passed three construction sites today and six cop cars there LOL

Extra duty, NO DOUBT!  grin

- Ronald Reagan
phill
House Bee

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »

He did say though (he watched all pics and video that his license would be ran and recorded if any further situations occurred to me or others.

Right. You might never hear about it, but the next time this character is pulled over-- and there will be a next time-- the cop is going to have an attitude. He won't get away with a warning.
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »

An officer cannot make an arrest for a misdemeanor not committed in his presence.

Says who?  huh

I admit to be quoting Ca. Law. However it is the same in other states I have been to. Google, " officer arrest misdemeanor "
mikecva
Field Bee

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »

I agree with several comments:

The Po-Po are not going to do anything except go after you for using your cell phone.

Report the incident to the Po-Po but not with pictures, after all you did 'jot down' their tag number. And there will be a record of their driving habits in case they get pulled over in the future.

Report damages to your insurance company hopefully their insurance company will drop them when you tell the insurance comapne that you have reported them to the Po-Po.    -Mike

Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »

Interesting, I think the road rage video is going viral! It had 1700 viewers last night 2200 this morning, 3400 by lunch and at 2:30pm est it is at 4800 views. So over 300 views today and climbing. Interesting, not your typical 500K viral videos, but it took off today and should be interesting to watch the count.

Follow us on TWITTER

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »

Well at least you got you viral video.  To bad its not the video that you wanted to go viral.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next