Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 23, 2014, 08:23:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Rage I caught on video ( It was against me )  (Read 4828 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: May 02, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »

Yesterday, I went to jump start my wife's car, her battery was dead at a small strip mall 10 miles away. I was in the left lane of a 3 lane road doing the speed limit and when traffic slowed in the middle lane, a car (without directionals) darted in front of me, causing me and cars behind me to check up.

The passenger started flipping me off when I shook my head toward them as we pulled to a red light. Both driver and passenger were flipping me the bird and shouting something that I couldn't hear with my windows up.

When the light changed, they sat there for nearly 10 seconds causing the cars behind me to honk and I also hit my horn, finally they moved and switched back to the center lane and slowed. As I passed them, the driver through something at my passenger side which pinged off either my passenger front or rear window, I could not look, I was driving and traffic was heavy.

At that point I took my iPhone out and put it in the video mode to try and catch their license plate, especially if damage was done to my car. I could not recall the aggressive drive number (a three digit number) to call the police, but finally I got behind them and as I drove aimed my phone to capture their plate.

As I lagged behind them, me now in the center lane, them in the left - they slowed to my speed, about 40mph and the drive threw a large cup of coffee out the window, splashing on my and coating my car.

I have put a short video (sorry for the low res version) but I have it in HD, showing the plate, the car, the driver and passenger and perfect shots of the large cup thrown at me.

What should I do next? I want opinions. I'm ready to hang the dirtbag, go to the police, hope that besides my very good evidence, I hope he has a record of aggressive or reckless driving and road rage. I'll gladly go to court, but my wife is afraid that he could cause damage to our home or cars after getting our address from public records.

My point is IF IT WERE A GUN and not a large cup of coffee, then I likely would be dead and my iPhone would have been found on the floor of my crashed car with my brains all over it.

Road rage 5-1-13

FEED BACK PLEASE - I want to act on this tomorrow, the first chance I have to get to the police station in that township.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:28:47 PM by beemaster » Logged

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »

Waste of good coffee ?

White punks on dope ?

Young and stupid ?

Dangerous dirtbags ?

Let it go. Stay away. Situations like this can only go bad. Your life is worth more.      Smiley
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:07:31 PM »

You should have pulled out the .45 and ended it right there...that's legal in Jersy isn't it?  grin

Good luck John, tough decision.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »

IDK, what are the cops going to do?  probably not much.  you could at least call the plate in.  maybe you were not the only one?

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »

Looks like assault to me.  But it is quite likely simple assault and a misdemeanor to boot.  If a cop doesn't see a misdemeanor with his own eyes then you must swear out an arrest warrant at the police station or at the court house, with all the can of worms that leaves you open to in today's PC justice system.  

Like:
Did you speed to make the video?  
Did you drive while using a cell phone?
Are you beginning to see where this could go?

Personally if you shot both of them as dead as a hammer and I was on your jury the court bailiffs would have to carry me out of the jury deliberation room feet first before you were convicted.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 03:35:52 PM »

Post it everywhere and maybe his mother will see it.   That's my advice (right after consulting with the local cops). 
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

I see all you points and thanks. I don't know what the police would do, and I don't know if it matters if it's a cup of coffee or a brick - I agree it is assult and at 40mph, who knows what someone else wold have done, jerked the wheel taking out an innocent car to the right-side?

And what if my window had been damaged, do I swallow that to and consider it a life lesson? I agree about one thing, I don't think there'd be an issue if guns were allowed in vehicles or open carry. Those are reserved here for law and very special people who can justify it is needed for every minute safety.

And God forbid I post it locally, they'd have me in slander court (until they knew I had evidence to back up what I state). The three photos that tell all are the one him ready to throw, the one with the container coming at me and the third him pointing me down like that's just a sample of what he'd do: mind you, you'd have to be there to fell the vibe, but I'd sleep better if I could put a pipe wrench up-side his head.

I still would like to know what the police would do with his stuff and if a case is the township against them (which I believe) and to what degree I'd be involved. If I do nothing, someone who is a repeat offended may be walking free and next time someone dies. If I ever saw a picture of him in the paper with "family of four burn to death in car after witnesses see defendant throw object at their car" how do you think I'd live with myself.

This is tough, and still want to hear ideas tossed around. Thanks.

Follow us on TWITTER

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »

why don't you just give them a call and ask them?  i have been up close and personal with your NJ cops.  they were nice...even if there are way to many of them  grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
edward
Queen Bee

FEED ME HONEY or I`ll smash your screen !

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »

Post it everywhere and maybe his mother will see it.

rolleyes And wont she bee proud  rolleyes

Wallpaper the web and put it up on youtube and hope it goes viral and Friends , neighbors , co workers and family see it and recognize them and pass judgement on there actions  police angel

Take comfort in knowing that they have already been punished  police

They have to live there Life's beeing themselves  I dunno seems like they've allready got a life sentence at beeing idiots  jail

mvh Edward  tongue  
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 06:21:14 PM »

Probably be a good idea to report it so the cops would be aware of the car in case they get into something else maybe something worse. But pressing charges probably a waste of time.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »

There is NO question in my mind, I would go to the cops and bust the punks.  

They may already have a record and your video might be enough to send them back to the big house, you never know.   I had a teenager vandalize a property I own TWICE.  I’ve installed video to get enough evidence on him if he’s dumb enough to try it a third time.  My damage is up near $1000 now which is getting close to a felony in MI.  If I get the #$%@#$%@#$% on video, I will immediately go to the Sheriff.  I don’t live in a big city and cops work with us here.  I know y'all think I'm a liberal, but I have no tolerance for destruction of property.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 08:13:51 PM »

I know y'all think I'm a liberal, but I have no tolerance for destruction of property.

i wouldn't think that would be a political position  Wink

Alexis de Tocqueville
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »

Beemaster,
Working for a Sheriff's Office I guess maybe I view this a little differently than some.  However, I couldn't imagine NOT reporting this!  As a matter of fact, You should have dialed 911 and reported it immediately, regardless of if some other 3 digit number is available for the reporting of such incidents.  While I'm not encouraging it, trust me, people dial 911 for much less significant events all the time.  I've run a 911 center, it's not uncommon for people to dial 911 to ask for directions.  While that's an obvious abuse of the system, when in doubt you should never hesitate to use it. 

File a report, show them what you have, and let them advise you on what they think can and should be done about it.

Letting thugs like that get away with such actions is what emboldens them to continue and escalate such reckless behavior.

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 09:34:15 PM »

I will be going to my local police department tomorrow and asking what would be done under this circumstance. If it were just my car that something was thrown at and no damage was done I likely wouldn't do much but I was hit with the content from the container and to me that's assault. I want to know if I'm correct or not, an assault can't be tolerated I want to see exactly what would be done.

I may actually get lucky and whoever I speak with me search the license plate and see if there's any past rage conditions that this would compound, I may be doing the public a favor - after all my car was thrown at with something at my passenger window and then something at me obviously a large container of coffee.

I just keep thinking that if we were parked at a traffic light and he threw that I may of got severe burns. As KathyP said it doesn't hurt to ask, and find out what options there are.

I can only imagine what my father would've done, I know at least he would've rammed the car, put it on the median and then beat the guy half to death,if only half.

Follow us on TWITTER

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 11:40:01 AM »

If nothing else, make these punks pay with their pocketbooks by turning that video into their insurance company!  See how they like their premiums when they have a road rage on their driving records. $$$$$$$$
bud1
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 12:58:59 PM »

boss get her done and then worry if you are inclined. they don't chunk cups at you with yo driving partner looking between his eyes

to bee or not to bee
divemaster1963
Field Bee

God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 10:16:56 PM »

Do It. I know NJ hates littering also. they got them on several counts. I deal with inmates trustees everyday. He wouldn't last a week in the yards down here. they would be using him as their play toy. shocked the DA would love that with video evidence to use.
sawdstmakr
Super Bee

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »

You should have pulled out the .45 and ended it right there...that's legal in Jersey isn't it?  grin

Good luck John, tough decision.

Scott
Jersey, they have had the worst gun control laws on the books. At least they did when I was a kid many many years ago when I lived in PA. I don,t think they recognize any out of state CWL's.
Jim
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 12:51:31 AM »

When many years ago TWT (Ted) and his family visited, Ted had a pistol in his truck and I worried for him when he headed to our most Southern point Cape May to take the ferry to Deleware (a real time saver) but in a post 9-11 world he could have been searched and I had no idea what would happen.

Jersey is definitely one of the toughest gun states, cops can't even have tasers in NJ - or as we like to call it "Cuff or snuff laws" the rate of "Suicide by Cop" is high because people know if you want to go out in a blaze of glory, it will be with bullets, not volts.

Although it seems like a long time, Monday I have 2 doctor appointments in that town and a good 2 hours between appointments - I will be at the police station for sure. I decided that this couldn't have been his first incident and likely will not be his last. And further thinking if I were a person who flinched or cut the wheel I could have taken out half a dozen cars, injuring or killing God knows how many. I will surely let you know in detail what transpires.

Follow us on TWITTER

rgy
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »

you should go to the police!.   But why did you pull up along side of them after you were SAFELY behind them?  You mention that if they would have had a gun you could of been dead, but yet you pulled up next to them to show them your iphone camera?  You should have taken the plate number, called the police and kept a safe distance away and kept on your route!  You may be lucky it was NOT A GUN!!! you gave him and his passenger a nice head shot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next