Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 09:45:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bee Yard Barrow  (Read 1582 times)
fshrgy99
House Bee

« on: April 30, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »

Took a beekeeping course this weekend. Here's a pic of an awesome cart made by Paul Kelly (staff apiarist at U of G). Paul said he started with a hardware store double tire wheelbarrow and threw away the tub. You can tell something about Paul by the number of coats of varnish (looks better than my boat) Smiley

Paul says it's balanced so that with 4 full honey supers it's a one handed lift. I've added it to my todo list of 'someday' builds.

Here's a link to press on Paul (date unknown) that has an amusing story.
http://www.uoguelph.ca/atguelph/01-09-19/people.html
d
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

I like it.  I tried to find the old wheel barrows I used to use to haul bricks, but couldn't find one.  I did find several though.  But I Paul's version a lot.

http://www.bushfarms.com/beescarts.htm

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
RHBee
Field Bee

That's my pooch.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 11:03:58 PM »

I bought this one. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_477_477
Works pretty well for getting stuff moved around.

Later,
Ray
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:15:48 AM »

I bought this one for the wife to pull around. You can change out the handle to pull it with the garden tractor.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_20577-44212-GC0106-B_4294778662__?productId=4363253&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=
minz
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:04 PM »

I have been shopping them hard for the last couple of weeks (Amazon mostly), you know when you open up your browser and all you see are garden cart adds all around the screen that the add guys are all over you.  I like the one from Lowes, but 71 lbs! I have been using my wheel barrow but I almost crashed a hive on move in last week and am seriously shopping.

Poor decisions make the best stories.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »

lawn tractor and cart!  did i mention i'm a lazy beekeeper?   grin  + my hives are a long way from my house.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next