Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 23, 2014, 08:43:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skunks in Syria...  (Read 1092 times)
Intheswamp
Queen Bee

« on: April 27, 2013, 11:33:52 AM »

Obama's empty threats...

Obama's "new" Red Line...

Hey look!!...they have skunks in Syria....I wonder how beekeepers there control them?  rolleyes

Hmm, maybe I didn't sleep very well last night...  Undecided

Ed

sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:26 AM »

He is probably not going to get involved in that. They are linked to Iran.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

Nobody pays us to be the world’s policemen.  Let them solve their own problems, just like your forefathers. 

Sterling, have you forgotten?  We’re B-R-O-K-E.  No money, nil, zero. 
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:35:31 PM »

WOW what a pic. First time I've seen a skunk spray another skunk.    afro   grin

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:13:42 PM »

Nobody pays us to be the world’s policemen.  Let them solve their own problems, just like your forefathers. 

Sterling, have you forgotten?  We’re B-R-O-K-E.  No money, nil, zero. 

I know we are broke and I don't think we need to get involved there nor did I think we should have been in Lybia. And I don't think we should be giving Egypt any money. My point is that Obama does nothing to upset Iran. The leaders of Lybia and Egypt were both against the Muslim Brotherhood and we helped to dethrone them. And the Muslim Brotherhood is controlling the rebels and rumors are we are running guns to them. Iran is involved in all of it.
And broke is an understatement we are borrowing money, 46 cents of every dollar, from China to give to those people.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »

I don't think we will ever go into Syria.   Chemical weapons used or not.  Too much in the politics for us to get burned with over there.   
Intheswamp
Queen Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »

Hmm, I suppose the original "red line" statement ended up being a case of footinmouthitis and of course I (like most sane individuals) don't want the US in another war (it would be another way to waste another chunk of the US's fortunes in both $$$ and human life).

Changing the red line takes the onus off of Obama to committing to some type of action but it sure doesn't do much for building US credibility around the globe.  Is credibility found by paying extortion money?....sending hundreds of millions of dollars in aid money to people that hate our guts (has it reached billions yet?)?...sending super expensive state-of-the-art fighter jets and tanks to a country who, yelp, hates our guts?  It seems the only way we get a "hall pass" from these countries is to send them $$$/aid or allow *their* citizens free (often illegal) entry into our country and then hand them and their families a check with all the frills (case in example, the two recent Boston bombers)...oh, and don't check them out or profile them 'cause that would be against their "rights" and is a no-no.

This country had better wake up.  Democrat, republican, teaparty, wig party, tupperware party....it doesn't matter.  When we suddenly find out that we aren't able to take care of ourselves I'm sure whoever steps in to take care of us isn't going to care which party we are part of.

Ed

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »

Let the Russians deal with Syria. 

I agree with Swamp about paying off these countries that hate us.  Both parties do it and it just seems insane.  We’re broke!  Why are we borrowing money from China to give to Pakistan?  Let China give them money for a change.  Let’s see how long that lasts.  Since both parties do this, there must be something behind the insanity.  Probably oil. Sad 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »

According to Wikipedia, skunks don’t exist in the middle east, Europe, or Africa.  This just looks like some propaganda from somebody (that’s the REAL question?) to get us involved in their fight.  A real Syrian probably wouldn’t know a skunk from a cat. 

Intheswamp
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »

Hmmm, no skunks in Syria...  Ya 'reckon they're importing them as nerve gas weapons?

Ed

Intheswamp
Queen Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 02:19:25 AM »

Seriously, Bluebee, we see the rubble, and the 3rd world "look" of the Arab countries and we think they have an IQ level of a half-breed mutt.  When in reality there are some very educated, intelligent people among them.  Figure this...we buy their high priced oil and as a bonus for buying it we send them billions of dollars of "aid".   ....huh?  huh  It makes sense, just not good sense, to this old uneducated ignorant boy.  

This country is being drained by someone or some thing.  Last week I was going through some old records at the office and found a Blue Cross health insurance invoice from 1992....the best package they had was $275...for a family policy!!  I thought about it a minute and checked gasoline prices for 1992...it was between .95 and 1.00 a gallon!!!  So in just a little over twenty years we have seen some very important items triple or quadruple on us...and for me, my income has decreased significantly.  Can this country bear much more of this?  

Ed

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »

Where is the junior high kiddies with a sign in perfect Russian showing Putin with a Skunk?  Oh wait, they don’t have skunks in Russia.  Syria has been a puppet state of Russia forever, why are the kiddies posing for US media attention h as opposed to mother Russia?  Kingbee, give us a little history on Syria please.  

As for this price of gasoline:  Boone Pickens had a plan to reduce demand for gasoline and if we believe in economics, drive the price down.  Tesla has a plan.  GM has a plan.  Problem is I don’t think the conservatives really want to wean us off oil. huh  It too profitable for them.  Anytime Obama tries to fund alternative energy, the conservatives are all over him like fleas on a dog.  
Chemfree
New Bee

God loves you and I am trying.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 10:52:50 PM »

No person, family, business or nation can consistently allow outgo to exceed income and expect to stand. The U.S. has been doing so for years, under administrations, and legislators who have ridden both donkeys and elephants to Washington, DC. Our latest group, especially our president appear to have accelerated the rate of this nation's demise remarkably.
Concerning our loss of credibility as a nation in the matter of world affairs: What credibility??? I am not an isolationist, however for the sake of this nation and the world picture, we must stop trying to be the world's savior and police force. We will never throw enough money and manpower into other nations to solve all their problems or to buy their respect. We will only continue to be seen as the big bully trying to exert our will on some smaller nation. It is like trying to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and resources and you only annoy the pig. 

"What this country needs is dirtier fingernails and cleaner minds."
Will Rogers
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 06:13:10 AM »

Welcome, Chemfree   Good post.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 10:30:19 AM »

God loves you and I am trying.

lau

this is another time when you look at the actions of this admin and have the choice between thinking they are stupid, or that there is an underlying plan.

Tarek Fatah - Leftist Muslim Warns of Muslim Brotherhood & Islamofascism

this is good, if a little long.  there's a reason that many muslim countries suppressed the muslim brotherhood for year.  it might be the same reason our president seems to want to support them.

if you can't watch the whole thing, start at 11 min. but you won't get the context of this guys background.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:42:41 AM by kathyp » Logged

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
eivindm
Global Moderator
Field Bee

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 04:22:08 AM »

I just removed an extremely explicit video from Syria. This is a family friendly forum, and rule number one adresses this quite clearly:
"RULE 1) KEEP CONTENT FAMILY FRIENDLY

This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY FORUM – if you have no idea what that means; I'll explain. You are expected to keep your language and content so that the youngest member of a family can read your posts WITHOUT the need of supervision by a parent or elder. This does not mean that parents should allow their kids to run free here or on any website on the Internet, but it is YOUR responsibility to be FRIENDLY to members of all ages, both in the wording and the meaning of your posts.

Some posts or replies can have wording that can easily go over the heads of younger members, be careful in this fact and do not use it as a tool in creating your posts. Keep in mind at all times that just because you intend a certain member to read and reply to your post, doesn't mean that EVERY member can also read that post: you need to understand, light adult content occurs and is acceptable, generally speaking we are adults to the most parts - but even adults are often offended by off-color remarks and any member at any age has equal protection against offensive content. "
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,19652.0.html

Please keep this in mind for the rest of the thread.  If I see more content like this in this discussion I will close the topic.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:59 PM »

Good Call Eivind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next