when i lived in nawlins' there was a lumpy cheese looking bait that you put on the mound. the ants carried into the nest, fed it to the queen, killing the colony. i forget what it was called but every lawn supply & feed store carried it. i had a 70 % success rate with it. the other 30% got a 2nd & sometimes a 3rd treatment. that was 25 years ago so they may be immune to it by now. on my 1st encounter with them i stood on a mound while talking to some neighbors. they were all surprised & then amused when i suddenly came out of my boots & jeans right there in the yard. i was covered with ants to my knees & had over 200 stings. those buggers are brutal. this is one accidental import that will literally bite you on the *ss. as far as i know they've not made any further north than mid arkansas. i'm not sure whether they's survive real winters. that could have changed. we now have armidiilos as far north as st louis, the ants could be next.