Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 22, 2014, 01:51:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Oklahoma Honey Legislation  (Read 170 times)
L Daxon
Field Bee

« on: April 26, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »

We are having a nice wet spring here in Oklahoma and today the newspaper declared that the drought was officially over in central Oklahoma. Yea. Should lead to a good honey crop.  And just in time as our legislature just passed a bill to let small beekeepers like me sell up to 500 gallons of honey without having to have a separate licensed honey kitchen for processing. ( I am glad to know the kitchen I feed my family out of is good enough to process honey in for the public! ) The bill passed out of both the house and senate committees and both full chambers without a single "nay" vote!  We did a pretty good job of lobbying!

I have been beekeeping for some 10+ years and this will be the first year I have ever been able to sell my honey.  Actually it was illegal to even give it away under the old legislation but the gov't didn't really enforce what happened to free honey.  Now maybe i can begin to make back some of the money I have spent on this addictive hobby over the years. pink elephant

linda d
Nature Coast Beek
House Bee

Suck it up, buttercup!

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »

Well, good for y'all on both fronts. Florida passed a cottage food law a couple years ago and honey was included. Nice to see that things such as school and church bake sales are now legal again!

Now, tell me, how many days until it hits 100F in OKC?   laugh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next