Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
July 31, 2014, 07:31:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elitist, gotta luv em!  (Read 1619 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« on: April 25, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »

According to politico, leaders of both parties are about to exempt themselves and their office staffers from Obamacare. You see, they have been meeting for months behind closed doors trying to figure a way out of the added expenses Obamacare brings them. We are pushing back. Also. The house leader John Bohener is still considering new gun control measures.

If you do not think the establishment republicans are "leftist lite" your delusional.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »

"Leftist" is the last word I would use to describe the current Republican crew in congress.
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »

"Leftist" is the last word I would use to describe the current Republican crew in congress.

Like I said "delusional"

In today's America, with the leftist dictating the course of our lives. Anyone crumbling, cowering or going along to get along is a leftist enabler. For America to survive Obama and his radical crew, we will stand, not bend.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:58:08 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »

a lot of them are.  a moderate...is just someone who doesn't know what they stand for.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 07:10:44 AM »

well they like any person in the government or military already has state provided health care... so why or what is the point in them disallowing themselves from something they already have?

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
Sunnyboy2
House Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »

Sometimes the problem is that the Representitive of a congressional district or State is doing what the people in the district or state want and are not limited be party, label, or media opinion.  That is why the senate failed in gun control attempt.  Generally speaking we are moving left in this country. 
When it comes to fiscal policy, and federal government involvement in our daily lives, we have moved so far left in jumps of 1930's, 1960's, and present it is hard to see the real right of political spectrum.   so it is undersrandable that one person can see Republican action as leftist and another marking the middle where it is today, see that as laughable.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:27:44 AM »

Speaking of Elitist. evil I guess you heard the Senate has passed a bill to temporarily fix the airline delays before the take their break.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 10:32:11 AM »

I guess you heard the senate has pass a bill to temporarily fix the airline delays before the take their break.

that's because the republicans were not getting all the blame, as planned.  once word got out that the prez had been offered that flexibility and turned it down, and once people understood that there was no cut in spending....only a cut in the rate at which spending grew, people wondered what the heck was wrong with the dems.   a raise is still a raise even if it's 2% less than what you thought were getting.

even our current crop of voters got that  shocked

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

well they like any person in the government or military already has state provided health care... so why or what is the point in them disallowing themselves from something they already have?

The very definition of elitist think. Or do I not understand your thought. Many of us are very happy with the healthcare we have. My healthcare cost went up $700 per month. Reason? According to my provider, Obamacare. Its very possible I will lose my healthcare all together. (Obama's intent from the start) This has been shoved down our throats by Obama and the rest of these leftist elitist. They can keep theirs, I can't keep mine. In a free America this would be unacceptable. In your America...well its quite alright with you.
Bee Happy
Super Bee

that's me - setting a phoenix free

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 01:52:39 PM »

The leftist elite Republicans did a nice job of exposing themselves - like a pervert on a subway - right after Rand Paul's  drone filibuster.

be happy and make others happy.
Sunnyboy2
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »

. . . and once people understood that there was no cut in spending....only a cut in the rate at which spending grew, people wondered what the heck was wrong with the dems.   a raise is still a raise even if it's 2% less than what you thought were getting.

even our current crop of voters got that  shocked

That was sure a shock to me, since nearly every media outlet called it a drastic spending cut.
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »

Speaking of Elitist. evil I guess you heard the Senate has passed a bill to temporarily fix the airline delays before the take their break.
The House passed it also now waiting on The Obama to sign it into law.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »

If you do not think the establishment republicans are "leftist lite" your delusional.

Are referring to someone who we all are familiar with, like a Naval Aviation who was released from a North Vietnamese POW camp in 1973, with carrier ending injuries but who none the less was able to keep his commission and serve another 7 years, retiring as a Navy Captian.  This was mainly because his Daddy and his Granddaddy both were 4 star Admirals?  If that is an example of a "leftist light" then I must disagree with you.  The above man is an example of a stodgy elite Apparatchik intrested only in feathering his own nest, not in serving his country. 

If on the other hand you are referring to those folks who call themselves "Tea Party Patriots" or some other such self congratulatory term, but who when push comes to shove would rather sit on their hands on election day than work or vote for a candidate who these so called patriots find insufficiently conservative, resulting in the election of hard core leftists.  If that is the kind of GOP leftist light you are speaking about then I agree 110% with your description of these people as "light lefties."

If however you mean folks like the Tea Party politicos who recently encouraged Uber Liberal singer Ashley Judd to run as a Democrat against Mitch McConnell for his US Senate seat because these self anointed "patriots" have their Depends in a wad over a few of GOP Senator McConnell's votes?  If these are the people you are calling leftist lights, I suggest that you call these people what they really are, Obama sleeper cells.  These Tea Party politicos are stooges and enablers of the far left wing of the Democrat Party but nothing better.

Political parties are called parties mainly because they hope to attract as large a following as possible and the price of admission to any political party is your vote and support.  If you withhold either your vote or support you don't belong to either party and therefore you lose your right to criticise both parties.   Political parties are NOT "I'm gonna hold my breath until I get my way or else turn 'blue' in the face societies" as some of the new to the election process tea-bibbers seems to think.  For better or for worse, the Tea Party reminds me of the 19Th Century Mugwump Party who despite their Republican leanings could not bring themselves to vote for Blair, the 1884 GOP nominee resulting in the first Democrat to be elected President in 28 years, Grover Cleveland.

One thing that validates my point is the beyond dismal showing most Tea Party candidates made in red state Senate races starting in 2010. If it were not for the Tea Party there would be a center right majority of GOP Senators today.  That means that win lose or draw in the presidential election of 2012 that Barrack Obama would now be sucking air just to stay afloat politically.  At the end of the day it reminds me of the old East Coast liberal mantra, "I would rather be Red than dead" only in this case it means, "I would rather Obama Care kills my dumb arse than vote for a  mainstream GOP candidate." 

A clear indicator of the tiny amount of power that the Tea Party wields is the example that was made of Tea Party darling Jim DeMint of South Carolina.  The reason that a young DeMint unexpectedly resigned from the US Senate in the aftermath of the 2012 election was DeMint's efforts to recruit and fund Tea Party losers like O'Donnell, Angle, Murdock, and others who all proved disastrous as candidates by pulling crushing defeats out of the jaws of sure victory.  DeMint did more to elect Democrat Senators than Obama and the Democrat Party put together.  Obama and the DNC are gonna miss DeMint.  I hope that Senators Rubio and Cruz don't try to fill DeMint's shoes.  Paraphrasing the title of one of Billary Clinton's books, "It'll take a manure spreader to fill DeMint's shoes."
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »

Tea Party Patriots" or some other such self congratulatory term, but who when push comes to shove would rather sit on their hands on election day than work or vote for a candidate who these so called patriots find insufficiently conservative, resulting in the election of hard core leftists.

ahhh...but see, i don't think this is what happened.  maybe a few, but the ones who did this and cost some 3% of the vote were the paulbots.  they either voted 3rd or didn't vote...and the result was the same.
every tea party person i know, and sympathizer (like me) was pragmatic and voted for the lesser of the two evils.  
"If however you mean folks like the Tea Party politicos who recently encouraged Uber Liberal singer Ashley Judd to run as a Democrat against Mitch McConnell for his US Senate seat because these self anointed "patriots" have their Depends in a wad over a few of GOP Senator McConnell's votes?  If these are the people you are calling leftist lights, I suggest that you call these people what they really are, Obama sleeper cells.  These Tea Party politicos are stooges and enablers of the far left wing of the Democrat Party but nothing better."

what they are is democrats.  a number of democrat organization have attached the "tea party" name to themselves in an effort to confuse voters.  it may be that some don't like McConnells record, but not enough to want Judd.  shocked
One thing that validates my point is the beyond dismal showing most Tea Party candidates made in red state Senate races starting in 2010. If it were not for the Tea Party there would be a center right majority of GOP Senators today.  That means that win lose or draw in the presidential election of 2012 that Barrack Obama would now be sucking air just to stay afloat politically.  At the end of the day it reminds me of the old East Coast liberal mantra, "I would rather be Red than dead" only in this case it means, "I would rather Obama Care kills my dumb arse than vote for a  mainstream GOP candidate."  

and obama won the presidency.  i think this says more about the general electorate than about any support group. as for this
Obama and the DNC are gonna miss DeMint.
DeMint is a constitutional conservative.  again, this says more about the electorate than about him.

i don't know where you stand on things, but if you think it's ok to have republican lite rather than principled candidate, then i guess you wouldn't agree with the tea party stand on things.
unfortunately, unprincipled republicans are what gave us obama.  hard to make a case for your beliefs if you can't show that you stand by them.  
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:23:44 PM by kathyp » Logged

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

i don't know where you stand on things, but if you think it's ok to have republican lite rather than principled candidate,
Oh, you mean principled like YOUR boy Romney.  lau lau lau

He was as liberal as Obama, maybe more.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »

Oh, you mean principled like YOUR boy Romney

i think he is, but certainly not as conservative as i would have liked and in no way as liberal as obama.

+ obama has another lovely quality, and that it that he seems to have a great deal of antipathy toward this country.  might be that big old chip on his shoulder...shadowed only by the one on his wifes shoulder.

Alexis de Tocqueville
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »

i don't know where you stand on things, but if you think it's ok to have republican lite rather than principled candidate,
Oh, you mean principled like YOUR boy Romney.  lau lau lau

He was as liberal as Obama, maybe more.

Blue could you give me a FEW examples of Romney being as liberal as Obama?
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »

Blue could you give me a FEW examples of Romney being as liberal as Obama?

Sleep Ambience - Crickets, 15 minutes

Hello Blue... Blue are you there?
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 03:44:52 PM »

K I N G B E E ....If you had just stated your belief, the "tea party patriots sat on their hands which allowed Obama to stay in power", You would still be completely wrong. However, the insults you added, tell me your bitter of something. What? I could'nt care less.
     Although we made it known we wanted a conservative candidate, we put great effort and money directly to the Romney camp. We wanted desperately to see Obama defeated. I personally reached deep into my shallow pockets to support Romney. We have also let it be known, we will do everything we can to push for a true conservative next time around.

As for the rest of your diatribe, Kathyp said it better than I could have.

I will add. When you see the establishment republicans march to the tune of the media and the leftist, yet you attack those wanting our government to serve the people according to our constitution, should be disturbing to all.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:22:20 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
gdoten
House Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 03:46:52 PM »

I was born and raised in Taxachusetts but got the hell out of their when I turned 25 for the glorious tax haven of N.H. (and have watched sadly over the decades as N.H. became inundated with tax libs from the south, but still no income or sales tax). I also closely watched RomneyCare get implemented, shaking my head and thinking only in Mass. (Boy was I wrong.) That was one helluva liberal law put in by Romney, not to mention unsustainable as time has shown. It was clear from the get-go that Romney didn't have a chance, for that one liberal move alone. To this day I have no idea why a supposed R created such a law.

I would have loved to see The One debate Gingrich. Now that would have been incredibly entertaining. The MSM still would have twisted everything in his favor (not to mention outright debate for him) but G sure wouldn't have held back any punches. The One's head would have exploded!

Maybe next time the R's will try running with, oh I don't know, maybe a conservative.

-glenn-
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next