Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 20, 2014, 02:29:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rolling out the big can...  (Read 526 times)
Intheswamp
Queen Bee

« on: April 24, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »

I'd been worrying earlier today about the economy and our business hurting, wondering about what the wife and I would do if things keep going the way that they're going...if the vehicles would make another twelve years...thinking about what all needs to be done to the house...so many things.

A few minutes ago I pulled the garbage can to the road...even out here in the country we have the big ol' truck come by and gobble our garbage up each week.   As I started pulling the big can to the road I heard the loud, persistent, lonely cry of a whippoorwill.  When I got to the road I sat the can down and listened to a sound that I've heard all of my life...a lonely call but one that has always given me comfort and peace.  I then looked up...what I saw was an almost full moon with broken clouds rippling in front of it...about that time I heard the lowing of a cow from a few hills over...another familiar sound.  As I turned around to go back to the house I looked up again and saw all the stars twinkling down at me.  Then I thought about my wife, our daughters and granddaughters, our friends...that we really don't have any debt...that there is food in the refrigerator...a roof over our head...a soft clean pillow to lay our heads on...and I was humbled.

Again I'm reminded that God is in control of things, that Jesus is at His right hand interceding for me, and that I am truly, truly blessed.

Ed

RC
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:29:20 AM »

Enjoying God's handiwork and realizing that we are not alone to deal with life's issues by ourselves is a very comforting.
Thanks, Ed. Good post.
oliver
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »

Nice
fshrgy99
House Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »

Thank you for the reminder.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »

thanks for the reminder. 

John 16:33

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »

Good post. 
tefer2
Super Bee

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 09:33:43 PM »

goodpost
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:20 PM »

goodpost
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »

goodpost
Rurification
House Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »

I needed that. Thanks.

hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »

I know how you feel swamp! I've got a 1500' trek to take the trash out. I do it on Thur nights for pick up on Fri morning and always walk it out slowly watching the stars and listening to all of the night sounds. It's always a nice bit of "me time". After pick up I just hook the can to my trailer hitch and drive it back.

I feel for those who live in cities and don't get to experience this little pleasure.

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »

I feel sorry for anyone who can't see the stars or the Milky Way, so that means that I pity most city dwellers. 

BTW, where is the best place in this country to see the stars at night but that still has enough rain fall and a long enough growing season so I can still raise okra and watermelons?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next