Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 21, 2014, 12:52:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat(1)  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: loony tree hugging leftist  (Read 7066 times)
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/weather-climate/temperature.html

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2013, 12:31:51 PM »

you realize that the government has a vested interest in supporting the global warming hoax?  they are basing policy on it, taxes on it, and future regulation on it.  if they admit that it's a hoax they have to admit that they are, and have been, lying to us for years.  since the 70's when we were going to freeze to death......

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »

Are you claiming they're making it up? Just paying attention shows an upward trend in temps.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »

i am telling you that they used faulty data, have used faulty compture models, and yes, have made stuff up.  the "scientists" have kept those with differing opinions from being published and have outright lied.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2134769/Is-global-warming-just-hot-air-World-temperatures-risen-just-0-29C-decades.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2134769/Is-global-warming-just-hot-air-World-temperatures-risen-just-0-29C-decades.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/

we are experiencing normal changes.  the earth has done this since the beginning of time.  from ice ages to warm ages.  fact is, if we are headed for  cooling period as some now believe, it will be far more damaging than warming would have been.  we have examples in recorded history of both and we know that warm periods were periods of growth and plenty, while cold periods were times of starvation and disease.

why do they push this man made climate change crap on us?  look at the control it give them in regulation and redistribution.  look at what the UN has proposed.  look at the regulations that have already been pushed on us in this country.  whenever you look at a liberal agenda you can know two things.  1. they will lie to push it and 2. its always going to involve taking more money and regulating more. 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »

Climate change, global warming, whatever blows the lefts skirt up. Its a political movement . Period. I wouldn't waste time debating Leftist over this issue. They are invested in it and will not get off it.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2013, 04:25:08 PM »

Period. I wouldn't waste time debating Leftist over this issue. They are invested in it and will not get off it.

guess i always harbor a little hope that some of them have some sense.  + we all end up paying for this foolishness, so i feel compelled to give it a shot.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2013, 04:37:04 PM »

Yep! We do and will pay. Ok,...you keep em busy....I'll sneak around back and then....well, .... you will know what to do.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »

There is no end to the extremes to which that weak minded will go.  I lay the death of this toddler and his parents to Al Gore, Jim Hansen, and other climate alarmist both known and unknown.  It don't get any loonier than this. 

Unless there is another case like this one (and unfortunately I think there will be) these three dead humans are the only casualties caused by, pick one, Global Warming, Global Climate Change, or Global Climate Disruption, but there are other stories out there making the rounds about the weak minded entering into suicide packs over AGW, I hope the Warming Alarmist like Blue are happy with themselves.  You just killed a 2 year old boy.  He was shot in the back and as sure as God makes little green apples the Global Warming chicken littlies among us pulled the trigger.

THIS FROM the DAILYMAIL in the UNITED KINGDOM:

A seven-month-old baby girl survived three days alone with a bullet in her chest beside the bodies of her parents and toddler brother.

Argentines Francisco Lotero, 56, and Miriam Coletti, 23, shot their children before killing themselves after making an apparent suicide pact over fears about global warming.
Their son Francisco, two, died instantly after being hit in the back.

But their unnamed daughter cheated death after the bullet from her dad's handgun missed her vital organs.

Paramedics rushed her to hospital covered in blood when police alerted by worried neighbours discovered the massacre three days later.

The youngster is recovering in hospital in the town of Goya in the northern Argentine province of Corrientes, where doctors say she is out of danger.

Her parents said they feared the effects of global warming in a suicide note discovered by police.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1254619/Baby-girl-survives-shot-chest-parents-global-warming-suicide-pact.html#ixzz2UGRoQQhz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »

There is no end to the extremes to which that weak minded will go. 
Pot meet Kettle. laugh

I lay the death of this toddler and his parents to Al Gore, Jim Hansen, and other climate alarmist both known and unknown.  It don't get any loonier than this. 
And whom shall we blame for the 30,000+ gun deaths each year in the USA?  Are you up to blaming the politicians who foolishly signed the 2nd?  Somehow I doubt it  lau lau lau

At least try to be consistent with your logic. angel
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2013, 12:40:41 AM »

And whom shall we blame for the 30,000+ gun deaths each year in the USA? 

20,000 more or less of those deaths are suicides 10,000 more or less are homicides.  Some fraction of the homicides are justified.  Again your logic is KIA. embarassed

As happened with this tragic example I quoted in my last post, some part of the 20,000 suicides likely killed themselves after logging on to a global warming web sight and realized that they could not swim.  The Warming craze is no better if as good as the drivel spouted by Pat Buchanan, or any other so called minister who are only out to fleece the sheep instead of out to serve the flock. Yes, Buchanan is a man of the cloth, unfortunately Buchanan's fabrics of choice are silk shirts and satin sheets. 

Pat Buchanan would fit in well with Al Gore and Company.  You know Pat may have attended some of the same schools as a boy that Gore did seeing that both their daddies were US Senators at roughly the same time.  It would be a good project for some of you to work on.

As a Democrat Blue you should be glad that 20,000 more or less Americans blow their brains out each year.  It spares Obama Care the expense of doing away with these people.  Sort of like a do it yourself euthanasia program via Dr. Peter Singer PhD (as in piled higher and deeper.)  Singer was one of Obama's Czars in the field of ethics.  Like his boss Obama, Singer has no ethics as a careful reading of his works will show. This link is just one small and sad example.

http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2001/03/08/2591/ 
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2013, 01:35:08 AM »

Y’all might get a kick out of this; as it relates to saving the fish!

I was talking to the City Manager of my little town last week.  We have a dam that is in need of repair or demolishment.  It’s been in place since before the civil war but has been deemed unsafe in recent years.  He tells me things are more complicated than 20 years ago.  He says 20 years ago you could have just poured some more cement on the thing during the summer low season and called it good.  Not anymore.  Now various agencies and engineers have to sign off on any changes.  He says those engineers aren’t going to sign off on Joe Concrete dumping a load in the middle of the river like in the old days.  Although those previous fixes have lasted 150 years!  LOL. 

He says you can’t build/replace a bad dam without including a fish bypass today.  He says the fish bypass alone costs $1 million for our little river.  I told him I sure hope we (small city taxpayers) aren't going to spend $1 million so the spring suckers have an easier route up stream. laugh  He laughs as says that isn't even an option with our budget.  So the plan is to tear the thing down...with is still pretty expensive because there are rules and regulations for dealing with the sediment behind the dam..... 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 12:12:55 PM »

Y’all might get a kick out of this; as it relates to saving the fish!

I was talking to the City Manager of my little town last week.  We have a dam that is in need of repair or demolishment.  It’s been in place since before the civil war but has been deemed unsafe in recent years.  He tells me things are more complicated than 20 years ago.  He says 20 years ago you could have just poured some more cement on the thing during the summer low season and called it good.  Not anymore.  Now various agencies and engineers have to sign off on any changes. 

He says you can’t build/replace a bad dam without including a fish bypass today.  He says the fish bypass alone costs $1 million for our little river.  I told him I sure hope we (small city taxpayers) aren't going to spend $1 million so the spring suckers have an easier route up stream. laugh  He laughs as says that isn't even an option with our budget.  So the plan is to tear the thing down...with is still pretty expensive because there are rules and regulations for dealing with the sediment behind the dam..... 

Repairing or replacing the dam was never an option.  The left wing loony tree huggers in Washington would never sleep another wink if your town did repair the dam.  If they attempted it the loony left wing tree huggers would gin up or invent another rule or new objection like draining a possible gator swamp there in central Michigan.    Sad

The tree hugging loony left wing nut jobs next big push is to remove all the dams on the Colorado, Columbia, Missouri, and Tennessee river drainages.  The nutty tree hugging loony left wing don't give a green fig about fish, crawdads, river otters, Mayflies or anything concerning the environment like renewable energy.  These people are motivated only if someone, someplace, and somehow earn an honest dollar off of the plentiful renewable hydroelectric power these dams produce.  They are especially motivated if the general population enjoys the benefits of cheep electric power and water recreation like power boating or owning a water front home.  It not only shows but it also proves the Loony Left Wing Tree Huggers deep and abiding hypocrisy as well as their elitist hostility to everyday Americans like Blue and myself.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »

So the plan is to tear the thing down...with is still pretty expensive because there are rules and regulations for dealing with the sediment behind the dam..... 

same thing here.  it's kind of nuts.  worst thing they did here was blow one up and destroy a nice park that folks in the area used a lot.  it's been given back to nature....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2013, 02:44:03 PM »

Who gives a crap how I farm, kingbee? I farm one way, my husband another. That's not the point. Weather extremes is the point.  Although 18 years is a blip, we are hitting new temp/moisture/storm extremes all the time in the past 2 decades.

The only constant in nature is that there are no constants.  Looking for constants in nature is a fools errand.  You seem to forget that the piece of ground that you’re standing on was under over a mile of solid ice just a few 1,000 years ago.  In fact the state of Wisconsin was so crushed and depressed by the weight of this ice that the whole state of Wisconsin is still slowly rising like a sponge cake.  

Is that a climate problem?  You bet it is.  Lake Superior once had (count um) TWO outlets to the Mississippi river besides the current outlet it enjoys with Lake Michigan.  How do you propose to prevent the banks of Lake Superior from rising so high because of glacier rebound that eventually Superior no longer empties into Lake Michigan?  I think I know, you’re planning on fitting Michigan and Wisconsin with hernia trusts or girdles to hold in the bulge aren’t you?  grin

Since you yourself claimed ignorance about anything that happened over 18 years ago when you first began farming, I did a quick check of the all time record highs and the all time record lows for the South central Wisconsin city of Madison.  I hope Madison is close enough to your farm to be relevant to this discussion.  I only looked at record highs and record lows going back to 1980 because I am taking your tender age and inexperience into account.  

Since 1980 in the Month of May there were 20 new all time daily high temperatures recorded in Madison, Wisconsin by the Weather Channel.  As good as this news is for Al Gore the other side of the coin listed 24 new all time daily low records for Madison, Wisconsin.  All records went back to 1980.  In other words, there were 20% more new daily record lows set as there were new daily record highs set.  

If you wish to request a recount I will be more than happy to return to the data and count only the record highs and the record lows for the past 18 years or I will even go back to when records were first established. Have a good holiday.

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »

Then there is this from the Natural News Web Sight.

"Thousands of abandoned wind turbines littered the landscape of wind energy's California 'big three' locations which include Altamont Pass, Tehachapin and San Gorgonio, considered among the world's best wind sites," writes Andrew Walden of the American Thinker. "In the best wind spots on earth, over 14,000 turbines were simply abandoned. Spinning, post-industrial junk which generates nothing but bird kills."

Walden speaks, of course, about the birds, bats, and other air creatures that routinely get tangled in and killed by wind turbine propellers. And as far as the "post-industrial junk" language, well, if it costs too much to run the machines in the first place, then it definitely costs too much to uproot and remove them post-construction.

This whole wind energy mess just further illustrates how the American people have been played by their elected officials who bought into the "global warming" hysteria that spawned the push for wind energy in the first place. And now that the renewable energy tax subsidies are gradually coming to an end in some places, the true financial and economic viability, or lack of wind energy, is on display for the world to see."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034234_wind_turbines_abandoned.html#ixzz2UQWghsdb

It seems like the Greenie Chickens and their 2 or 3% effective wind mill boondoggle is coming home to roost and that these Greenie Chickens' 300 foot tall steel children are infinitely more irresponsible and destructive than all the fishermen in all the seas who at one time commonly discarded their old nylon fishing line, nets, and hooks were ever.  Sea birds and aquatic mammals become fatally entangled in this post modern "junk" fishing gear but it only killed one or two birds or maybe a whale at a time.  You Greenies with your three armed bird clubs have raised bird deaths to a new level never before seen.  You're worst than DDT, and all the other pesticides put together on steroids. Keep up the good work Greenies.  Al Gore is right, the final destruction of the Earth will be here sooner than you think, and Al Gore and his company of Far Left Wing Radical Tree Hugging Loones  are leading the final charge to destroy the Earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »

Kingbee, when did you become such an expert on Michigan and Wisconsin?  laugh

The last ice age (that formed the Great Lakes) was NOT 1000 years ago; it was about 10,000 years ago.  You’re only off by a factor of 10x this time.

You might want to review this educational video of the ice age from Michigan State grin  http://www.msue.msu.edu/objects/content_revision/download.cfm/item_id.211898/workspace_id.26697/How%20The%20Great%20Lakes%20Were%20Formed%20%28Video%29.swf/

We're rebounding at less than 1mm a year and you’re worried about that?  Ever hear of dredging, the Saint Mary’s river, and the Soo locks?  They dredge Old Miss all the time.

As for Luvin Honey’s claim about our northern climate seeing more extremes (usually on the high side), this is an obvious fact of life for anybody who's lived up here for more than 30 years.  Trees and plants that used to succumb to our cold winters, now survive.  The USDA has moved the plant hardiness zones north in their last revision.  Even the old timers I met down in Memphis say that the winters in the Volunteer state are much warmer now than in the 60s.  They claimed it used to snow at Graceland on a regular basis.  Your snow seems to be as lost as Elvis  huh 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 04:03:22 AM »

Kingbee, when did you become such an expert on Michigan and Wisconsin?... 

The last ice age (that formed the Great Lakes) was NOT 1000 years ago; it was about 10,000 years ago.  You’re only off by a factor of 10x this time.

We're rebounding at less than 1mm a year and you’re worried about that? 

Less than 1MM a year in glacier rebound is more than the sea levels are rising so your getting further and futher above the current sea level.   

Better get holt of you hat Blue and I Hope that you have an Oxygen mask because this web sight about the geology of Wisconsin says that your measurements are incorrect by a factor of over 12.5 to 1.  Was that noise I just heard Blue, did your ears just  pop from the change in altitude?

Read um and weep ol pal.
"Here in Wisconsin, the Earth's crust has rebounded 50 meters (160 feet) since the Ice Age glaciers receded. Rebound is subtle—1.3 centimeters (0.5 inch) per year..." 

My words my friend were " ...a few 1000 years ago... "  Changing or omitting text is just another Fascist  ploy, like Himmler's Big Lie Strategy. 

Cherry picking data, dissembling, ignoring facts and just plain old fashion lying is how the Global Warming debacle managed to get to first base to begin with.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that the whole vast left wing nut conspiracy is made up of scientifically illiterate simpletons who've stared at their own navels for so long that they are so cross eyed now that they ape any lie oozing past the lips of a leftist college professors with an ax to grind.  If everyone else will only read the loony left wing tree huggers statements and beliefs, you will discover that every belief from modern agriculture, to GMOs to vaccinations to guns to pesticides are predicated on the lefts' fear that some one, some how, is going to make a S*** POT load of cash from what ever activity it is that the left dislikes.  If someone found a cure for cancer that only cost 10¢ the left would attack the inventor vicously.

At the same time the actives that the loony left wing tree huggers stand to profit from is falsely portrayed as the last great best hope to save the Earth and humanity with it.

As for this peer review 97% conscious crap being tossed around by the Communist Party of the United States, the only climate papers reviewed were papers supporting AGW and the 1,000 plus scientist who reviewed these papers only reviewed the papers that they themselves had authored.  That is what the Loony left wing frogmen are speaking of when they croak Peer review, Peer review, Peer review.  The peers are only reviewing the very papers that they wrote.  So to the left, peer review means grading your own novel in a creative writing class and then stand there with a straight face while you tell your fellow students what a witty chap you are.

It's a little like asking the KKK to review the movie "Birth of a Nation" or asking the Nazis to write a review on Hitler's favorite anti-Jewish book, "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and then pretending that the way that the KKK's or that the Nazi's portray African Americans or Jews is unbiased.  This group think is at best a few bricks short of a hod.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/16/1209402/-Skeptical-Science-flattens-deniers-97-of-peer-reviewed-papers-say-humans-causing-climate-change#
Tell us Herr Blau, is this your favorite news source, the unapologetic Communist rag, The Daily Kos?
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2013, 12:50:16 PM »

Wow. Don't hold back, kingbee. No room for other's thoughts? I guess your screen name kind of says it all.

You all advocate for logic and common sense yet refuse to listen to anything (anecdotal OR studies) that refutes your beliefs. To me it is completely commensense that with a planet crowded with people, and even more livestock than humans just for meat consumption, we are going to affect our landscape, our atmosphere. It would be incredible to consider how much STUFF we have in the world and to consider that we somehow haven't affected our environment.

ANYwhere there is overcrowding or imbalance--streams, lakes, woods--you will see the "environment" change. It's why we worry about invasive species. It's honestly (not trying to be rude here) just very basic common sense.

I don't feel hysterical. I don't feel panicky. I have better things to do than stare at my navel. But I do think it is the courteous thing to do to try to use a bit less of the planet's resources.

We have friends in CO who won't be cropping hay. No water. Not much left in the reservoirs. Other friends in ND can't plant their beets/pintos. Everything is flooded. Field roads washed out. Last year, our friends in Texas talked about running a hose full bore in the cracks in their lawn for 1 hour, and still it wouldn't stop sucking the water. THAT doesn't sound like business as usual to me. Not when it's so pervasive, everywhere, so frequently.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »

... We have friends in CO who won't be cropping hay. No water. Not much left in the reservoirs. Other friends in ND can't plant their beets/pintos. Everything is flooded. Field roads washed out. Last year, our friends in Texas talked about running a hose full bore in the cracks in their lawn for 1 hour, and still it wouldn't stop sucking the water. THAT doesn't sound like business as usual to me. Not when it's so pervasive, everywhere, so frequently.

Where in Colorado do you haying friends live?  Do they live on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains or somewhere on the Watershed of the Colorado River? like in South West or Western Colorado? 
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

Southwest.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: