Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
November 22, 2014, 05:53:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: loony tree hugging leftist  (Read 8341 times)
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »

The ice is still intact.  another 3 or 4 days and there will be a new record for the longest amount of time that the Tanana river has been ice bound.

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/nenana-ice-closing-in-on-first-place/#comment-226535

That darn global warming is going to be the end of us!  grin

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »

And they bury their heads even deeper in the sand.  shocked
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2013, 09:31:39 PM »

even the global warming people have given up on global warming.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2013, 09:58:03 PM »

And they bury their heads even deeper in the sand.  

Blue B, old buddy boy, old pal.  You mentioning sand made me think about this. 
You know I had almost forgot about this until you brought the subject up Blue, gee thanks, I owe you one.

(Click image to enlarge)

Look on at the picture carefully now old pal and you'll see the path and the tracks Obama's golf cart left in Greenland's tropical white sands when Obama couldn't find his little white ball the other day.  Say Blue old buddy, what hole number is that on the flag? evil  You say it says 18?  Well that makes sense.  Then that must be the 19th hole in the back ground.   grin

Hey BLUUUuuue looky see what the temperature is in the left hand margin, wow minus 22C degrees that's plum balmy for a mid May day in Greenland?  Ain't it? 

Now excuse me pal, I gotta back to work on my Ark.  Obama and Ma-Ma both say that the water's already five feet high and rising.    lau lau  and Greenlands a fixing to float plum away.
Johnny Cash "How High is The Water Momma"
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »

even the global warming people have given up on global warming.

I am afraid they haven't.  Bill was on the tube tonight hyping AGW and soliciting donations for his foundation which stands to rake in Billions in cap and trade bucks.  The only way to make any loony tree hugging leftist go home is to spread the truth until the LTHL's cheeks get as red as their politics from embarrassment any time that the subject comes up. 

Loony pols can't afford to look loony.  They must don the mantle of plausible deniability so that they look decidedly un-loony.  Its called fooling some of the people all of the time or fooling all of the people some of the time.  There is no middle ground.  LTHL live to make people look loony.  But better them than you or me. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2013, 02:27:31 AM »

As of 22:20 hours Alaskan Daylight Time 05-17-2013 the tripod set in the Tanana river ice at Nenana, Alaska remains as steady as ever.   Less than 3 days to go before a new record is set for the latest ice out ever recorded on the Tanana River at Nenana, Alaska.  Personally, I’m rooting for the ice.  If you want to cheer for Jim Hanson or Al Gore then go ahead. 

In this 2013 screen shot there is a little liquid water squished out from under the river ice close to shore but there is still not enough liquid water to cover the top of the river ice in a significant way to speed thawing.  The night time temps are still well below freezing, that is what is left of night this far North, and at this time of year in Alaska.
http://www.nenanaakiceclassic.com/

Here is what the 2009 ice out looked like.
Tanana River Breakup 2009

Notice that there is beaucoup flowing water in the background or on the right hand bank of the Tanana River in this video.  BIG chunks of ice are leaving in a big hurry, and this current brings warmer water into contact with the solid water called ice in the foreground.  Flowing water speeds thawing but thick ice insulates the water under the ice from the warming rays of the Sun.   To these old eyes it looks like the river ice is going to hang around a little longer or at least until more of that man made “Global Warming” stuff makes it to the scene.

BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 03:04:42 AM »

I hope you know how to swim Kingbee.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 05:01:40 AM »

There is a web sight out there some where that is predicting a 200 foot sea level rise by 2025.  Some how I doubt that its going to come to that.  The sea level was 8 feet HIGHER 5,000 years ago after the last ice age ended.  The thing for you to do is to liquidate all your holding and invest in hip waders.  cool
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »

Well people, here it is 11:50AM AKDT in Nenana, Alaska and the ice in the Tanana River is still holding fast.  It's a nice sunny day in Nenana as the pic cam focused on the Ice Classic tripod revels,  but the river ice is only beginning to show signs of melt water build up. 

http://www.nenanaakiceclassic.com/

Hit the refresh button or F5 on your key board to view the latest picture.

There is less than 24 hours to go now before a new record late date for ice out in the Tanana River in Alaska is set.  At 11:42AM ALDT on May 20.  Log on and you may see it first hand.  Nighttime is no excuse.  You can read a newspaper at midnight this time of year in Nenana.

If you wish we can have a count down.  Or a count up if a new record is set.
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2013, 02:16:28 AM »

So Kingbee, you searched the planet over and found one river that still has ice.  Congratulations!  applause  

If we look hard enough, we might even find 1 or 2 spotted owls that are still alive.  That doesn’t mean they’re going to become as commonplace as pigeons.  

You need to look at the bigger picture my friend.

Oh, by the way, we were 86F here in mid Michigan today.  Just a couple degrees short of an all time high.  What gives?

Where did our ice go?  Are you hiding it down in TN?
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2013, 09:44:10 AM »

So Kingbee, you searched the planet over....

You need to look at the bigger picture my friend.

Oh, by the way, we were 86F here in mid Michigan today.  Just a couple degrees short of an all time high.  What gives?

I also searched the daily weather records for central Michigan towns near you and found a record high for May 20th are you ready, of 95 degrees F from, are you ready for this? .... 1903.  Yea, 86 degrees 110 years ago and to you that is just a few degrees short of a new record high.  My lord, if a 9 degree deficit in heat a record high makes, then believers in AGW, ACC, and ACD like Al Bore are a few snow flakes short of a snow job.

Hey Blue, these are the same records that the gooberment collects and saves, the same infallible gooberment were Jim Hanson and Al Bore worked.  What gives? 

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Midland&state=MI&site=DTX&textField1=43.6236&textField2=-84.2294&e=1

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/apx/climate/records.php

There is now less than 8 hours remaining before a new record is set for the latest date that the Tanana River ice at Nenana, Alaska has broken up.  The Global Warmist make political hay out of a supposed lack of ice but when then they are called on it, they try to down play the fact that the ice is out there in nature and even in record amounts, even in the Artic Ocean.  In fact there may soon be a new world record set for global sea ice.  Remind me now, just how many Government Motors VOLTS or Tesla electric cars has Obama bribed silly stupid Americans into purchasing? 

You my friend are ignoring all the record hot days and cold nights and are depending like Al Bore depends on people running for cover or not taking the time to look at the evidence.  Besides for Thursday the US Weather Service is predicting highs NEAR 60 for Midland, Michigan.  Thursday, through Sunday, predicted lows are in the upper 30s to the low 40s.  Is that what you call warm?  Go to Naw Orleans in August my friend if you want to see some warm.

Anyone who just fell off a watermelon wagon can look at one or two days data and draw a conclusion based on that.  When Global Warming didn't hold up to even this casual scrutiny the warming believers changed it to Global Climate Change or Disruption.  Excuse me, which is it? 

By you even mentioning that there was such a thing as a record hot day in middle Michigan you are harming your own arguments because if there wasn't climate variations on Earth why bother to keep track of the daily highs and lows. 

You must expect that every day is supposed to be just like the day before and identical to the day after?  You must expect this to happen day after day and month after month.  Why don't we fire the TV weather person because you must be able to divine the weather in your neck of the woods by reading your grandfathers' diary.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/apx/climate/records.php

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 01:20:58 PM »

I can tell you're not a farmer, Kingbee. I've been up close to or farming myself for the past 18 years and the weather and bugs just keep getting more extreme and intense. So, while averages might be close to past year, the wild swings that create a "normal" average make it pretty rough sometimes.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »

but 18 years is not a pattern.  it's blip.  was just watching a thing on hurricane patterns and how we are entering one like they had in the 50's where there's good chance of them being strong, and going up the east coast.  i guarantee you that if we do have a few years like that, people will scream climate change rather than looking back 60 year to similar conditions in the oceans.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »

Kingbee, the last I heard was Alligators have moved all the way up to Memphis is recent years.  Is that normal for Tennessee?  Maybe you better keep some distance from the water next time you’re on Beale Street.  Or should I say watering holes  laugh
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »

More about me later, but the tripod in the Tanana River still stands and the river ice is still in place.  A new record is now in effect for the latest date in the last 94 years that the Co2 scorching air has coaxed the Tanana river ice to break up.  You can't deny facts.... well at least sane and honest men can't deny facts but to a Loony Left Wing Tree Hugger denying facts is first, second, third, forth, and even FIFTH column nature. 

But enough of this BS, you and the rest of the people out there should book mark this link. 
http://seaice.alaska.edu/gi/observatories/barrow_webcam

It is a link that will take you to a news and weather type webcam on the roof of a bank in Barrow, Alaska and it is focused on the shore and surface of the Artic Ocean as far as the eye can see. There is also a group of 10 or 11 year day by day webcam screen shots link at the bottom of the page with a day and time stamp on each image.  I only browsed the 365 + images from 2001 to the Summer of 2002 and guess what, the Artic Sea ice didn't leave until the 10th day of July 2002.  So there did the Artic Ocean Sea Ice go, it's still in the Artic Ocean Blue.  Where did you expect to find it, Nassau?

Blue, be sure now to wave at the cute little Polar Bears when they and their mama go paddling by on an ice flow.   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »

I can tell you're not a farmer, Kingbee. I've been up close to or farming myself for the past 18 years and the weather and bugs just keep getting more extreme and intense. So, while averages might be close to past year, the wild swings that create a "normal" average make it pretty rough sometimes.

That is the most ridiculous  thing that I have ever read on this forum.  I was farming and living on a working row crop farm besides raising commercial broiler chickens before your mama was out of diapers. 

I will tell you this, if you pull your head out the sand and look around, you will find a completely different farming environment than the one that existed 50 or 60 years ago that I think that you idolize. 

Farming has always been a pillar to post undertaking.  Show me or the people on this forum where any agricultural undertaking has ever been a sure thing and not a toss of the dice!  However there are so many high tech solutions to farm pest and bugs control and management today that if you will only avail yourself of their benefits you can solve many of your insect pest issues.

I have a sneaking suspicion from reading your previous posts that the following image is how you carry on your farming operations or at least this the only fashion of agriculture that you approve.

Click on the image to enlarge

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »

... Kingbee,
the last I heard was Alligators have moved all the way up to Memphis is recent years.  Is that
normal for Tennessee? ...

Come on down Blue, we'll go swimming in my very favorite swimming hole.  Check it out.  grin

Yes it is completely normal as the following map of the historic range of Alligator Mississippiensis proves.  

Memphis, Tennessee is at the South West corner of Tennessee where the Delta Region of Mississippi and Tennessee meet.  This is the Alligators historic Northern limit.  This map also proves that up until about 1979 there had never been alligators in the upper Tennessee River drainage.  The 25 mile long stretch of rapids called The Mussel Shoals keep gators confined in the lower Tennessee River drainage if there ever was a gator population down stream from the Mussel Shoals on the Tennessee River.  

The curtain rises on Mr. Sane Citizen fishing on the river bank.

2 Loony Left Wing Tree Huggers enter from stage Extreme Far Left Wing:  
1st tree hugger:  Oh looky, Kooky a wonderful, beautiful, magnificent, beaver has eaten the bark off the wonderful, beautiful, magnificent tree that you and I love to hug the most, oh my, oh my, what are we to do?

Sane citizen: You could legalize beaver trapping on this stretch of the river and some of us Sane Citizens would have another source of seasonal income, besides I've heard that beaver is good eating.

Both LLWTHs in unison:  Oh NO not by the hair of our chinney chin-chins you sadistic fisherman NO not ever, not in a thousand years NO, NO, NO never NO.

The sane citizen moves to a quieter fishing hole and goes about his business.

Months go by and then one day the same sane citizen opens his newspaper and there is a picture of his Congressman a Mister Ronny Flippo and the two LLWTH we met earlier.  All three have this big fat S-E-Grin on their faces while they release 55 Louisiana gators into the Tennessee River without first informing the community or holding Environmental Impact hearings about what they were up to.  You know if you believe in your heart that you are a god, like all the Loony Left Wing Tree Hugger or Dimocrat Congressmen believe, in your own eyes at least, you never have to ask us ignorant citizens for permission to do anything, and you definitely never have to say that you're sorry.  

When the shouting and the finger pointing ended, the TVA and the Army Corps of Engineers got busy as beavers scooping up gators.  I think that the Gooberment fisherman recaptured 3 gators and it only took these intrepid men 6 months to accomplish this feat of daring do.  By comparison some of the Good-Old-Boys like Troy Landrieu on Swamp People can catch 500 gators in just 31 days.  Years go by and now these 52 elusive alligators have established a breeding population of alligators where God and Mother Nature never intended for one to be.  The gators however have proved to be inefficient at controlling beavers in a big water or river environment but while the LLWTHs' trees are not dying as fast as they once were from beaver damage, the beavers and gators both are now having a negative impact on river bank stability because the beavers abandoned shallow gator infested back waters and are now busy as beavers and alligators can be digging beaver dens and gator holes into the river bank.  

This will require the expenditure of millions of dollars to rip-rap the entire river bank.  Now our two LLWTH favorite trees are toppling into the river channel as the beavers and gators both undermine the river bank.  Meanwhile back at their Summer estate in the French country side, the 2 LLWTH we met earlier pop the cork on another bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1929 and raise their glasses in a toast to their success at putting the screws to the United States and to the sane American citizens who must now deal with these reptilian apex predators in their daily lives.  Fade to black.  I can say these things about because I once thought of myself as a tree hugger or environmentalist, however I have never been a loony left wing anything.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:58:48 PM by kingbee » Logged
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »

Who gives a crap how I farm, kingbee? I farm one way, my husband another. That's not the point. Weather extremes is the point.  Although 18 years is a blip, we are hitting new temp/moisture/storm extremes all the time in the past 2 decades.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 11:58:02 AM »

we are hitting new temp/moisture/storm extremes all the time in the past 2 decades.

can you back that up with some data.  it is my understanding that we are not, but i have not done indepth research on all of that.

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »

Who gives a crap how I farm, kingbee? I farm one way, my husband another. That's not the point. Weather extremes is the point.  Although 18 years is a blip, we are hitting new temp/moisture/storm extremes all the time in the past 2 decades.

It is my understanding luvin honey that the existence of weather extremes is the reason the US government has kept weather records for the last 125 years or longer.  18 years is not even ONE full weather pattern cycle, they come around in 11, 22, and 44 year cycles.  Get back to me in 4 and 26 years and we'll discuss if further.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next