Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 18, 2014, 02:55:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defiance on SyFy  (Read 1606 times)
kathyp
Universal Bee

« on: April 18, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »

i kind of like the show.  maybe one of the reasons is that i Beta tested the game on the PC and Xbox 360.  the game and the show go well together.  seems they have done a pretty good job with the characters in the show and if you are playing the game, so much the better.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:05:54 AM »

Just finished watching the pilot, interesting show. A little confusing to follow the tribes and bloodlines, but that will come as character develop.

I thought the giant "Bejeweled" game to setup the blast weapon was cool. I didn't watch this in HD though, I think I'll rewatch it because it surely is made for HD.

I see they made 13 episodes (IMDB) and this is the kind of show Scy-fy needs - a good step in filling the StarGate series. I think I'll like it from the pilot, I think a lot of the pressure is off with original series on cable; this show in a loose way reminds me of Revolution and if Defiance was on NBC it may not do as well. Scy-Fy has done a really good job at bring series to our TVs and this looks like another good one.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Kathy.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection
Follow us on TWITTER
SKYPE NJBeemaster - include your FORUM NAME in contact request
My Personal FACEBOOK Page

"All donations to our forums are greatly appreciated"
Please click HERE to help support our forum.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »

I saw it and like it.  They did pile in too many different aliens and human groups.  
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:17:56 AM »

i am really enjoying this show.  it's easily up there with falling skies.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
pdmattox
Queen Bee

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:22 PM »

I like this show also and do not miss an episode.

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »

have you tried the game?  i have not played it since the beta test.  it was fun on the console.  didn't enjoy it as much on the PC, but i'm not a PC gamer except a little WOW.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next