Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 12:24:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Down in flames!  (Read 1075 times)
Fox Creek
House Bee

« on: April 17, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »

Obama and his Leftist crew have failed in attempts to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights.  Don't get too excited though.....they will be back!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »

he's just having a fit.  it's funny!  he's like some kid on the playground throwing a temper tantrum.  i know it's not over, but i'm going to enjoy the moment.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Old Blue
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 02:12:35 AM »

I like the way they try to blame it on the NRA.  As if the NRA wasn't supported by the people.   And as if the politicians who are being forced to vote against gun control aren't being forced by their constituents.

Old Blue
Vance G
Field Bee

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »

We just saw a million disarmed sheep huddling in their homes with the doors locked waiting for their shepards to come save them.  Not saying that I would be playing vigilante out looking for trouble---or should be!  Just saying I like being secure in my home with the means, knowledge and the will to defend what is dear to me. 

My Grandson just assumed that the crosswalk guard was protecting him and walked out and got ran over.  Thank God he had a car actually run over his legs and just got bruised not broken.  When I told him that Only He can protect himself and be vigilant in traffic, his city folk parents blew up like toads and declared that it was all the crossing guards fault.  God help us.  We obviously are no longer able to help ourselves.
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:51:27 PM »

We just saw a million disarmed sheep huddling in their homes with the doors locked waiting for their shepards to come save them.

was thinking about that as i watched yesterday.

i get a kick out of the wrath of the leftists toward the NRA.  the NRA is, among other things, a lobbying group.  without the citizens wanting someone to lobby for them, the NRA would have nothing to do and no funds with which to do it.  the NRA is not the only gun owners group.  there are several and they cross represent those of us who are gun owners and users.

NRA membership went up over the last few months because people understand that they need the power of organization to protect their rights.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »

Not all gun owners belong to the NRA.   In fact, I only believe a very very small percentage of gun owners in America belong to the NRA. 

Now I want to know is Congress going to do something about civilian ownership of backpacks and pressure cookers.   We have no constitutional rights to have these products.  Before you laugh, look at what the shoe bomber did in everyone having to let their shoes get checked at the airports. 
hardwood
Galactic Bee

Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »

Pretty ridiculous that this ever came to a vote in the first place!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 02:29:51 PM »

Chris Wallace is going to be interviewing Creepy Diane Feinstein on "Fox News Sunday". He said he will be asking her about the Boston situation. "Would you deny these people the right to be able to defend themselves?"  If she knows now, he will be asking such a question, will she find a reason to not show? Or is she having her crew brainstorm for some ridiculous leftist answer? 
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »

We just saw a million disarmed sheep huddling in their homes with the doors locked waiting for their shepards to come save them.  Not saying that I would be playing vigilante out looking for trouble---or should be!  Just saying I like being secure in my home with the means, knowledge and the will to defend what is dear to me. 

My Grandson just assumed that the crosswalk guard was protecting him and walked out and got ran over.  Thank God he had a car actually run over his legs and just got bruised not broken.  When I told him that Only He can protect himself and be vigilant in traffic, his city folk parents blew up like toads and declared that it was all the crossing guards fault.  God help us.  We obviously are no longer able to help ourselves.

Excellent!    I believe many were thinking about this yesterday. I hope this point is driven home over and over again.
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »

Perhaps if the federal agencies weren't working so hard to deny law abiding citizens their Constitutional rights and spent more time doing their Constitutional duty of border enforcement and proper vetting of immigrants, Boston bombing may not have happened.
And as previously mentioned, I would rather be well armed if one of these guys were in my neighborhood.Not locked in behind closed doors.

This could have been just a trial run for the next time with a lrger enforcement of Marshall law.Did you see all the military equipment?
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 02:57:50 PM »

I will NEVER! forget, it was Obama and the other leftist in this country who went after Arizona's governor, when she attempted to protect her citizens, by passing laws to fix the border problem. Anyone can enter our country with ill intent, to murder our neighbors to blow things up.....We need to start pointing fingers! Obama is dangerous to us, we the people!
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:37 PM »

we need to look at our immigration policy.  we used to be the place that took in everyone.  we can't do that anymore.  we can't afford it.  we can't take the security risks.  we need to consider being more like New Zealand, Japan, etc.  and take in those who fit specific job needs.  this business of granting refugee status, etc. has got to end.
much as i hate to say that....

it's not just a security matter.  the loony leftists want stuff like obama care.  they can't keep adding non-payers to the rolls and expect anything other than collapse.

it also occurs to me that if these folks were forced to stay home, they  might work on fixing their own problems.

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
House Bee

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »

Chris Wallace is going to be interviewing Creepy Diane Feinstein on "Fox News Sunday". He said he will be asking her about the Boston situation. "Would you deny these people the right to be able to defend themselves?"  If she knows now, he will be asking such a question, will she find a reason to not show? Or is she having her crew brainstorm for some ridiculous leftist answer? 

I watched "Fox News Sunday" . Chris Wallace asked Feinstein, " Since one million people had to hide behind their doors, do you think these people would like to have firearms to protect themselves?"  Feinstein, " What would you have, machineguns? "....? ...what the ____? Then she went into the Biden shotgun thing. (couldn't have been much brainstorming). 

During the senate hearings, I heard Feinstein say, " Its OK for the people to have shotguns and riffles for hunting, " ...gee thanks.  So we have A temporary politician ( this woman has been around way too long)   doing everything she can to eliminate the second amendment. If these leftist had ever been honest with the people, actually admitting what it is they want to accomplish, they would never have gained this much power.   
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »

>he's just having a fit.  it's funny!  he's like some kid on the playground throwing a temper tantrum.

That's what I was thinking.  It was funny to see him so angry.

>i get a kick out of the wrath of the leftists toward the NRA.  the NRA is, among other things, a lobbying group.  without the citizens wanting someone to lobby for them, the NRA would have nothing to do and no funds with which to do it.

That is another thing that baffles me.  It's not like the NRA represents some big corporate interests, like the pharmaceutical companies or the agri-chemical companies, it represents citizens who are concerned about their rights.  The left always acts like the NRA is this evil organization that is subverting democracy with some other agenda, when actually it only has clout because it has members who vote and an organization to communicate their concerns.

Michael Bush
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--Rick Nielsen
nietssemaj
House Bee

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 10:42:46 AM »

Now I want to know is Congress going to do something about civilian ownership of backpacks and pressure cookers.   We have no constitutional rights to have these products.  Before you laugh, look at what the shoe bomber did in everyone having to let their shoes get checked at the airports. 

Don't forget about nails, bb's and black powder. Maybe they should just ban marathons. That'll solve the problem.
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »

There is no constitutional guarantee of the right to keep and bear pressure cookers... but on the other hand there is nothing in the constitution to give the federal government the power to regulate pressure cookers and the 10th amendment says that if they were not granted that power it is reserved for the states and the individuals.  Still it makes more sense for them to outlaw pressure cookers than guns since they are specifically not allowed to infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  But then maybe pressure cookers are now going to be classified as "arms"?

Michael Bush
-------------------
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »

But then maybe pressure cookers are now going to be classified as "arms"?

ask my husband.  he'll tell you that anything used or made in my kitchen is potentially a WMD  evil

Alexis de Tocqueville
Michael Bush
Universal Bee

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 07:42:30 AM »

That's right.  They are not only calling those pressure cookers weapons, but WMD.  I'm wondering if they found any pressure cookers when we invaded Iraq...?

Michael Bush
-------------------
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »

ask my husband.  he'll tell you that anything ...made in my kitchen is potentially a WMD  evil

kathyp, I didn't know that you and my wife both have the same cook book.... banana devil
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »

That is another thing that baffles me.  It's not like the NRA represents some big corporate interests, like the pharmaceutical companies or the agri-chemical companies, it represents citizens who are concerned about their rights.  The left always acts like the NRA is this evil organization that is subverting democracy with some other agenda, when actually it only has clout because it has members who vote and an organization to communicate their concerns.

If it weren't for the leftists, gun owners wouldn't have the need for the NRA to fight for our Constitutional rights. I guess in essence,the left created this organization.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next