Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Quote of the day  (Read 620 times)

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Quote of the day
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »
Bluebee's hero........................

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and government should
prevent them from owning firearms"
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Quote of the day
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:09:34 PM »
When did she say that

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Sunnyboy2

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 12:50:29 AM »
I had a thought as I read her comments in the link.  She cite PTSD as a mental illness that would prevent gun ownership/purchase.  What about the millions of Americans that are victims of rape, assault and other crime?  Seems those are the people most in need to protection with firearms.

Offline Wonga

• House Bee
  • The budget should be balanced, the Treasury refill
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 12:56:57 AM »
Well, I think she could be on the right track, both of the veterinary surgeons at the practice we take our dogs to seem a bit wired to me. I think maybe with all the work they have to with euthanising animals, they could have a too familiar attitude to death and killing sentient beings.

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06:32 PM »
     You could well be right Wonga. After farming for years and in the course of time putting down horses, cattle, dogs, cats, killing foxes and other vermin it is only when you are away from these situations for a year or three one finds it not too pleasant a pastime.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Old Blue

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 02:40:48 AM »
I had a thought as I read her comments in the link.  She cite PTSD as a mental illness that would prevent gun ownership/purchase.  What about the millions of Americans that are victims of rape, assault and other crime?  Seems those are the people most in need to protection with firearms.

Kinda makes ya wonder about all the victims of predatory taxation without representation.  How are they going to protect themselves?

anything