Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 22, 2014, 02:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Investment Advice  (Read 9264 times)
sterling
Field Bee

« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »

The economy is affected by household spending.  Short term household debt used to purchase goods helps the economy.  I suggest that the identified household debt decrease is  function of 1) lower household income, 2) tighter lending practices, and 3)massive foreclosures, not sudden desire to save more and spend less.  A function of loss of ability to barrow and spend rather than loss of desire.

May i also suggest that in the late 1990's and 2000's the low, easy mortgage debt gave a boost to the economy in the Clinton/Bush years, BUT caused over inflated housing prices, then the housing crash, then the recession as the longer term result. 

Debt is seldom the better solution, but it is to often the simple and (short term) painless solution.  This is especially true when debt is spent by one group of people and repaid by another group of people. 

The Obama administration is starting over with the easy housing mortgages.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2013, 07:02:57 AM »

a snip..
it's not just CA, if you look that the places in this country that are the biggest mess, liberals have been in charge either in the legislature, or leadership, or both.  maybe there's an exception, but i can't think of one off the top of my head.

tecumseh..
this must be why as far as the federal government revenues is concerned that 'the blue states' are paying the bill and 'the red states' are on the dole?  one pays the bills and the other's just suck up the government revenues (while complaining about government debt).

you are of course absolutely correct Blue Bee in that there are no ultra liberal beekeepers (almost by description most beekeepers with any experience are very conservative in nature).  All the so call conservative here are really 'flat earth folks' who just have not quite figured out that their model of the world expired a hundred years ago and the reason they cannot see the horizon is that the world has curvature which is simply beyond their own mental model (paradigm in the parley of academics) to understand.

and just to correct my buddy Iddee misconception... there is nothing in the real world that approaches 0 percent unemployment.  what economic folks might call full employment is something like 5 to 5.5 percent unemployment with this being termed 'frictional unemployment'... meaning these are the folks in transition from one job to the next.  when people fell into the 'free enterprise' none sense and promoting international trade without any boundaries they also LIKELY revised the definition of full employment along with much of their own work related benefits.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:15 AM »

Tec, you need to re-read. I said nothing about 0 unemployment. I said take it back to where it was when "IT" came on board. That is not impossible, as it was real in 2008, before the USA died.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2013, 09:39:32 AM »

All the so call conservative here are really 'flat earth folks' who just have not quite figured out that their model of the world expired a hundred years ago and the reason they cannot see the horizon is that the world has curvature which is simply beyond their own mental model (paradigm in the parley of academics) to understand.

way to move a conversation forward.  and I get called arrogant?

this must be why as far as the federal government revenues is concerned that 'the blue states' are paying the bill and 'the red states' are on the dole?  one pays the bills and the other's just suck up the government revenues (while complaining about government debt).

this is a typical liberal talking point, but it's only as accurate as the statistics under it. they arrive at this number by counting total federal dollars.  that means that a military base is counted in with welfare cases.  a federally funded highway project is counted with food stamps. 
if you break out the numbers, you have DC as the highest welfare area per capita, and more liberal states below that.
http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_tot_rec_percap-caseloads-total-recipients-per-capita

DC kind of surprises me since it's the one area where housing is up and income is up....oh wait!  it's all those new government employees!

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »

a snip..
it's not just CA, if you look that the places in this country that are the biggest mess, liberals have been in charge either in the legislature, or leadership, or both.  maybe there's an exception, but i can't think of one off the top of my head.

tecumseh..
this must be why as far as the federal government revenues is concerned that 'the blue states' are paying the bill and 'the red states' are on the dole?  one pays the bills and the other's just suck up the government revenues (while complaining about government debt).

you are of course absolutely correct Blue Bee in that there are no ultra liberal beekeepers (almost by description most beekeepers with any experience are very conservative in nature).  All the so call conservative here are really 'flat earth folks' who just have not quite figured out that their model of the world expired a hundred years ago and the reason they cannot see the horizon is that the world has curvature which is simply beyond their own mental model (paradigm in the parley of academics) to understand.

and just to correct my buddy Iddee misconception... there is nothing in the real world that approaches 0 percent unemployment.  what economic folks might call full employment is something like 5 to 5.5 percent unemployment with this being termed 'frictional unemployment'... meaning these are the folks in transition from one job to the next.  when people fell into the 'free enterprise' none sense and promoting international trade without any boundaries they also LIKELY revised the definition of full employment along with much of their own work related benefits.

Explain the ruin in Ca. A state controlled by liberals for decades. A state in the 1960's, 70's, 80's,  if a country, would have been in the top ten powers of the world. Explain why the liberal policies of Ca. should be followed by others.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:15:22 PM by Fox Creek » Logged
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »

http://www.business.unr.edu/econ/wp/papers/unreconwp06008.pdf

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »

we should give obama a 3rd term then.  this is going so well, we don't want to interrupt it!

what do you think leads to economic growth? 

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next