Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
April 19, 2014, 01:42:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION ALL NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS OR YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE DELETED - CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drying honey  (Read 391 times)
RC
House Bee

« on: April 14, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »

Anybody ever try drying honey by drawing a vacuum on it? I work on ultra low refrigeration systems and after maintenance I put the system into a vacuum to remove the moisture. I believe it would work with honey just as well.
AllenF
Galactic Bee

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »

It may boil all the moisture out of it.  I like to run the a/c and the dehumidifier at the same time. 
derekm
House Bee

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:21 AM »

Anybody ever try drying honey by drawing a vacuum on it? I work on ultra low refrigeration systems and after maintenance I put the system into a vacuum to remove the moisture. I believe it would work with honey just as well.
I have enquired the same ... Someone has tried it. The problem is it works very well, however honey foams under vacuum, So you would need a larger chamber and have plenty of ballast to moderate the vacuum. Perhaps the secret is to do vacuum filtration so  thatyou remove particulates and  some of the water at the same time.

If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next