Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 25, 2014, 07:28:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you draw the line?  (Read 6539 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

I draw my line here.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june13/abortiondoctor_04-22.html

Where do you draw your line?

I have been following this for some time. I would not watch your attached video. Its good you put it up, I just don't want to ruin my day. Fox News has had the guts to report on this horror. Those in the mainstream media have said they don't report on this because its inappropriate to show on tv, as it would be harmful to children. Bull! they want abortion on demand......Have you seen the add with the woman with the hole in her throat, in attack adds advising against smoking? The media has no problem running this add over and over.  
Sunnyboy2
House Bee

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2013, 11:13:14 PM »

Kathyp,

That was interesting about the E/Tucker Act.  Thanks for the info.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2013, 11:21:14 AM »

So if Lovin Honey was selling dynamite, she would have no problem selling to a person who also wanted to buy a back pack and electronic igniter with it. Especially if he looked to be middle eastern. She would NEVER discriminate against a person because of their relationship to a particular group.
Apparently you didn't read my very first post on this topic, in which I said actually there are people I would refuse to sell to.

The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »

How could a person have a religious objection to being asked for something they have chosen to sell? If you're not already selling it, then you'd simply state you don't have it for sale. Where would there be a problem?

i'm not sure i'm getting your point, but i think you are getting a little technical.
It's simple. If you're morally opposed to something, why the heck would you be selling it? So how could a person be in a position of having their own shop and refusing to sell something they don't believe in?

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »

i'm pretty sure she doesn't have a moral issue with flowers.  that would be odd.

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »

Hows about this as the place to draw your imaginary line in the make believe sand?

From the pages of the Boston Herald:

Marathon bombings mastermind Tamerlan Tsarnaev was living on taxpayer-funded state welfare benefits even as he was delving deep into the world of radical anti-American Islamism, the [Boston] Herald has learned.

State officials confirmed last night that Tsarnaev, slain in a raging gun battle with police… was receiving benefits along with his wife, Katherine …and their 3-year-old daughter…. Human Services said those benefits ended in 2012 when the couple stopped meeting income eligibility limits…. [in other words making too much money] Katherine -- who had converted to Islam -- was working up to 80 hours a week as a home health aide while Tsarnaev stayed at home.

I just saw this ad in the Multicultural Weekely.  (not)
"Jihads looking for infidel woman with strong back to support him and bare children while he travels the world learning how to make bombs.  Any woman who applies must have her own pressure cooker.  Please send picture of pressure cooker."

Yea, I know, it ain't funny.  Flash, it wasn't supposed to be funny, only true.
greg755
New Bee

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »

He says he would refuse to sell to someone. Then he says it's not hateful, as it has nothing to do with him or his business. I cannot mesh the two to make any sense.

So if you don't like something some one does or you don't like what some one believes in or you don't like a persons cause, by what you just wrote it means you hate them or you like everybody and every thing.  Sorry your having a hard time "meshing the two.    If I don't like you or your cause, it doesn't mean I hate you.  So if I decide not to sell you my product or services it really means I just don't support your way of thinking or doing things.  It has no influence on me or my business Meaning what ever it is your doing, if I decide not to sell to you, it will not impact weather or not I stay in business.  There are plenty of like minded people to sell to.  If I'm a bartender and you look like you are totally toasted I may not sell you another drink. I don't like what I see on TV I turn the channel, Don't like my job I go get a new one... Its really not hard to understand. 

Liberals  Why do you hate so much?  Why do you always want to label people? Why do you always take things out of context when trying to make your case?  It is truly fascinating to watch you connect the dots when in reality there are no dots to connect.
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »

No, I'm having a hard time with this part: "it is not intolerant because I really don't care what they do with their life as it has no bearing on me or my business..."

I don't really care if you handle things this way. I merely arguing that if you don't really care, as it has no bearing on you or your business, then what IS motivating you (hypothetically) to refuse to sell to them?

There are people I would refuse to sell to. BECAUSE I care what they do with their lives and it DOES have a bearing on me.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »

Liberals  Why do you hate so much?  Why do you always want to label people? Why do you always take things out of context when trying to make your case?  It is truly fascinating to watch you connect the dots when in reality there are no dots to connect.
Speaking of fascinating and dot connections based on nothing.... Not to mention labeling and generalizing.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »

""No, I'm having a hard time with this part: "it is not intolerant because I really don't care what they do with their life as it has no bearing on me or my business..."""

Maybe written a bit differently, you might understand it better.

"it is not intolerant because I really don't care what they do with their life as long as it has no bearing on me or my business..."

If I sell to them, it then has a bearing on me and my business. If I don't sell to them, it doesn't.

In other words, do as you please, but please do it away from and without me.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
greg755
New Bee

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2013, 07:14:57 PM »

""No, I'm having a hard time with this part: "it is not intolerant because I really don't care what they do with their life as it has no bearing on me or my business..."""

Maybe written a bit differently, you might understand it better.

"it is not intolerant because I really don't care what they do with their life as long as it has no bearing on me or my business..."

If I sell to them, it then has a bearing on me and my business. If I don't sell to them, it doesn't.

In other words, do as you please, but please do it away from and without me.

No it is written correctly, I cant help that you are having a hard time with it...  If I choose to not sell to you then you are not a customer no money exchanged hands therefore it has no bearing on my business because we never conducted any business...  As far as my life goes,  if you are doing what ever you do and I do not partake in the activity then it has no bearing on my life, unless of course you try to force it on me, or insert your self into my life, then that is something totally different. 

kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »

you guys do realize that you agree?   evil

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
greg755
New Bee

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »

Speaking of fascinating and dot connections based on nothing.... Not to mention labeling and generalizing.

No this was in reply to those of you (which happen to be liberal) that said people like me are a bigot or I hate some one etc etc.  So I was replying to those liberal posters, none of the conservatives called me those things...  I have connected the dots correctly because you have taken things out of context, labeled me with names (other than Conservative) etc etc.  All my dots are fine.  

The question is;  Do you or I have the right to refuse selling to someone? It has now morphed into all types of scenarios an hypothetical situations, because when someone like me says yes I have the right, its called freedom, people like you twist it all around and add all the spin to it to try to justify why you disagree with me.  so you are creating something that is not there to muddy up the waters.

How bout we try this.

Yes or no?  Does a business owner have the right to deny service to anyone?  Can you do it? Can you answer yes or no? Even if I say I'm willing to say "I bet you can't" I am pretty sure that some one will just go out of their mind and answer with out a simple yes or no.

So once you answer yes or no how long will it take before you you break down and add an additional post?
SchmidtsFarm
New Bee

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:48 AM »

Well to answer you question where I would draw my line? Well I guess my sign would say: 1.Watch your mouth anything worse than pg13 and your outta here 2. Pull your drawers up young or old nobody wants to see your favorite undies. 3. Don't buy flowers for your wife and girlfriend on the same day in case of a mix up! Lol

I try not to worry about all the divison going on between all these different people. I would love to just see people using common respect for each other. That Sir is where I draw the line.
tecumseh
House Bee

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »

it is kind of funny reading SOME FOLKS thoughts here about this or that group or individual* who you don't like or can not tolerate but still rigidly proclaim yourself not to be haters.  as far as I can tell most everyone but the hard right KNOWS you are.... you do have a choice here you can continue on down the same path or choose another path.

although I do like this snip from Schmidth...
I would love to just see people using common respect for each other. That Sir is where I draw the line.

*I really don't think anyone is really immune to this disease.... including myself.

I am 'the panther that passes in the night'... tecumseh.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2013, 07:25:28 AM »

It's too bad the left can't imagine a person with a neutral feeling, a slight like, a slight dislike, or any other emotional feeling other than love and hate. If you don't love something, in their eyes, you hate it. If you disagree with it, but don't have much emotional feeling at all about it, they say you hate it.

I try to stay out of big cities during rush hour. I would rather avoid the extra heavy traffic. I don't hate all the drivers in heavy traffic, I just would rather be away from it. In the same sense, I don't hate a group just because I want to avoid them. I don't hate them because I am uncomfortable around them. I don't hate them because I don't agree with their lifestyle.

I don't hate liberals just because they are so narrow minded they refuse to see anything but disdain for any one the least bit conservative, who want to keep some of the conditions we have lived under for generations.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:05 AM »

iddee has it right.

did you ever look at the SPLC hate map?  it is true that some of the groups they list are hate groups.  many they list have a different moral and/or world view.  they make no distinction. the terrorist group is mixed in with groups promoting family values.  in their mind, if you disagree with someone or what they do, you hate. 

why?

because the left does not believe in absolutes in most things.  they practice moral relativism.  any person or group taking a moral stand, must be haters to have such absolute beliefs.  unless it's them.  unless it's their morality.
  of course, the left doesn't hate you.  they love you and want to cover your hate with rainbows...but....if you don't fall in line, they'll destroy you.  all in the name of love....

Alexis de Tocqueville
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »

kathyp said it best Luvin Honey.  However, if everyone felt like you seem to feel about this subject then I guess that Apartheid would still be the law of the land in The Union of South Africa, and that would mean that F.W. de Klerk and SP.W. Botha, and their ilk would still be running things on the Southern tip of Africa.  Sanctions or the refusial to do business with the White run Union of South Africa is what ended Aprtitive.  Is that the message that you meant to convey?  The reason I brought this up is because it is another example of the Left talking out of both sides of their mouth while they lecture you and I about how the left expects us to act.  Its one of those "Do as I say but not how I do" kind of things.

In my humble estimation the message that the left wing conveys is the same message that the florists conveyed in his or her attempt to impose sanctions, and that message is:  (The left speaking now: "In the deep dark recesses of our hearts we hate and despise everyone who is not a leftist automaton ...  Never mind, I won't go any deeper, but I do think that we all get both your and the florest's message.

Many have pointed out Barrack Obama's dislike of Winston Churchill. I have posted here before about Sir Winston Churchill and his service with the British Army in Egypt and the English's two centuries long strggle payed for in W.A.S.P. blood and treasure to end slavery every where that it existed.  Are you still with me?

A sort of parallel kind of thing just happened with the new Egyptian Constitution that Obama helped bring into existance by way of his malignant neglect.  The new Egyptian Constitution has extended or I should say re-stored the ancient Politicaly Correct moral reivitism of chattle slavery to all the infidel peoples living inside of or residing within succussful military campaigning distance of Egypt.  Here is your chance to reclaim the moral high ground luvin honey, don't waste it. 
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2013, 01:28:08 PM »

... we shed whatever we had been, on the promise that this country gave us the chance to be whatever we wanted to be...if we wanted it enough...if we worked hard enough.

sure, some people did that better than others.  lots of people failed.  more succeeded, or gave their kids the tools to succeed. 

we threw it away for food stamps and a hyphenated identity.  to bad, because there is no other place on earth that can duplicate what we once had.

I do not know where to post these links but there are maybe two dozen or more other links at this same web sight.  I recommend that you visit and read everyone.

http://www.kentclizbe.com/

http://intelctweekly.blogspot.com/2012/07/obamas-worldview-and-roots-of-political.html

http://intelctweekly.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=3

luvin honey
Super Bee

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »

It's too bad the left can't imagine a person with a neutral feeling, a slight like, a slight dislike, or any other emotional feeling other than love and hate. If you don't love something, in their eyes, you hate it. If you disagree with it, but don't have much emotional feeling at all about it, they say you hate it.

I try to stay out of big cities during rush hour. I would rather avoid the extra heavy traffic. I don't hate all the drivers in heavy traffic, I just would rather be away from it. In the same sense, I don't hate a group just because I want to avoid them. I don't hate them because I am uncomfortable around them. I don't hate them because I don't agree with their lifestyle.

I don't hate liberals just because they are so narrow minded they refuse to see anything but disdain for any one the least bit conservative, who want to keep some of the conditions we have lived under for generations.
Iddee--you do realize you're doing exactly what you just preached against?

I'm weary of repeating it, but I will again--MOST of the people I love in life are conservatives. I don't disdain them. I don't disrespect them. Of course, they never talk like the conservatives on this thread talk and don't get up in people's faces, so it's easier to maintain love and respect for them Smiley

I have no idea where all the talk of hate comes from. Or this idea that liberals can't see things on a continuum. This "either/or" "love/hate" thing is something I see from the right all the time. The left is accused of accepting EVERYthing, so where's the hate?

I guess I hate haters. If someone is viciously antifemale, abusive of children, pickets funerals during another's time of intense grief, I could say I hate them, or at least the part of them that is hateful. Doesn't mean I have no hope for them or their soul, but they are someone I would not care to do business with.

I'm not sure if that's right or not, legal or not. I simply would not want to spend ANY time around haters, and wouldn't want to earn money if their business forced me to be around them.

As for sexual orientation, race, gender, age, religion, socioeconomic status, I really don't care. I find those differences to be really interesting and to make life more rich. I would welcome that kind of diversity.

The pedigree of honey
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next