:-D Burn the hives? Good lord are we in the dark ages of beekeeping? Finski mentioned the treatment free way and there is tylan. Also if your lucky and have a place nearby you can have the equipment irradiated boxes, frames, and drawn comb. AFB sure isn't the end of a colony like it was years ago.
That is true. It is very well scientificall reseached how you can save bees, furnitures and part of your combs.
- sterilizing hive parts with flame
- plastic hive with 3% lye (NaOH)
- shake bees to foundation hive
- white combs, where is no pupasilk, you may wash and sterilize with Virkon S
. You may stop disease with antibiot, but it jumps up again after a month.
- Used frame woods you may boil in 3% lye, and they are like new.
Boiling happens in 10 frames bunches.