Yesterday I had the biggest yet! It was almost definitely from my big, mean colony. I saw the swarm forming and, sadly, watched it coalesce on a Pine 20ft in the air. It gave me a chance to try out the bucket on a pole contraption I made. Awkward as heck but it worked! This queen makes mean girls but it was my most productive last year so I really didn't want to lose it. The cluster in the tree was too big laterally to fit under the bucket so I went under the big part and gave it a hard bump. A couple thousand bees fell on me. I didn't have my jacket or gloves. They were in the truck somewhere on the road with my wife. Painful mistake! Once she got home, I went back and kept at it until I had most of them in a 8 frame deep. There were so many that I put all 8 frames in it to accommodate them. 1 with brood and all the rest fresh foundation. In all, I bumped the branch 4 times to get as many as possible. Have to say, the frame of brood in the box is excellent! They calmed right down (well, as much as her girls will do that). Also, the subsequent dumps of the bucket often had piles of bees around the box. They all immediately started crawling to the front entrance and inside no matter where they fell. Really amazing how well that works!
Took down my craigslist swarm removal post. My yard is full! Still have a swarm trap out there about 1/4 mile away.