Well, today was the day of the big move for my honey bees! I had gone out to the hives yesterday and emplaced entrance reducers. So, this morning at the crack of dawn I had the pick up backed up to a convenient spot for loading. Pulling a few tufts of grass to plug the small opening in the entrance reducer, I commenced loading the truck. No problems there. Got em all loaded and headed down the road to the new homestead. Unloading went fine until the 3rd hive. Somehow I tripped up in some sticks or something, lost my balance and down we all went. The hive cover went ajar, the bottom board and hive body got slightly askew which totaled up to a few bees escaping - perhaps a couple of hundred. Now visualize this, I am laying on the ground, no veil, no protective gloves, no bee suit and a couple of angry female bees flying all around me!! Calmly I got up speaking softly to my angry friends. Fortunately no stings. I walked away to let them settle down a bit and commenced to unload the remaining hives, being more careful where I place my feet. All went well after this. After I got done with the other hives I went back over and straightened up the dismantled hive and got it set right on it's stand. Came inside for a pot of coffee and breakfast. Later this morning I will go back out and give each of them a quart of sugar water to pacify them for a couple of days till they get used to their new surroundings. Speaking for myself, I am glad this move is over!