Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Going to NY for New years eve, intercity transport???  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Yarra_Valley

• House Bee
Going to NY for New years eve, intercity transport???
« on: November 30, 2005, 09:55:20 AM »
Hi everyone. I'm going to New York for a few weeks at the end of December and into January. I was wondering what the best places to go to online are for intercity transport. I was thinking of going to chicago for 4 days or so. So I thought I would drop a post and findout the best way to get there.

Thanks guys,
James
Careful, my pets can smell your hives. 8)

Offline amymcg

• House Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 11:09:10 AM »
My bet is that you can get a business shuttle flight for not too much money. I would check online with Southwest Airlines.  southwest.com  or Jet Blue

Lots of short flights available from LaGuardia.  I personally don't like to fly out of Newark, seems everytime I do, my flights are significantly delayed or cancelled. And by significantly I mean 4-12 hours.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 04:57:10 AM »
If you have the time you may want to consider Amtrak and check their prices for coach or sleeper car.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)