Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
December 28, 2014, 01:02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING  (Read 1294 times)
beemaster
Site Founder
Administrator
Galactic Bee

It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.

« on: November 24, 2005, 01:06:05 PM »

Hi Everyone:

Just hoping everyone in the states (and elsewhere that may be observing any family oriented holidays) how's that for politically correct  rolleyes a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm off to work at 3pm EST but we will be eating early and I'll have a plate to take with me.

I hope everyone is well Wintered in the colder climates, I think we are looking at a colder than average Winter again this year and I hope you all left enough honey for the bees to make it to a likely late Spring. I did not harvest any honey this year, expecting them to need what they made - stupidly, I didn't build up supers and only have a full super on each colony, but they are filled to the brim and I have the bees sheltered from the wind as much as possible. Fingers crossed as always here in the Eastern US.

I already hear the big debates in the major stores concerning the words "Merry Christmas" again this year - too many people again are affraid of offending the Non- Christmassy people of the world, so we are stuck with Happy Holidays again this year in the stores and on TV. I'm waiting to hear "Merry Holidays" from someone, so I can laugh in their face and tell them to keep it. I'll buy Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, but you start mixing the two JUST to show that you can be both politically correct and a rebel - lol. We'll talk more about that later, let's get the turkey down first Smiley

Best Holiday wishes to all. And a Merry Holiday to you all  wink

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations page link for more details. Please help if you can.
leominsterbeeman
House Bee

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 10:04:47 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS.  Say it loud.  Say it Proud.    

Who could be offended by this simple phrase?  Folks, it's a greeting and a greeting that is meant to bring good wishes.  We all need to stop worrying about what people will think of that someone will be offended.  

In Boston, this last week there was a lot of flack because the city keep on referring to the 'Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration'.  It is a Christmas Tree.  Good Grief!
http://www.cityofboston.gov/news/default.aspx?id=2958

So just to be an equal-opportunity non-offender,  Will there be a lighting of the Holiday Candelabra instead of a  Menorah?

Kris^
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 07:07:01 PM »

Quote from: leominsterbeeman

So just to be an equal-opportunity non-offender,  Will there be a lighting of the Holiday Candelabra instead of a  Menorah?

A Holiday (Yule) log.    Smiley

-- Kris
manowar422
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 08:02:44 AM »

Since America has become this great big melting pot of
diverse ethnic and religious peoples, I say we should
celebrate ALL events from every religion.

This way, everyone would be represented and I could
stay at home more often cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

TO: ALL 899 MEMBERS, GUESTS & LURKERS

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next