Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 02, 2014, 12:02:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: 24/7 Ventrilo Voice chat -click for instructions and free software here

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #12 and #13 today  (Read 770 times)
bailey
Field Bee

« on: March 18, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »

The northern folks are going to want to shoot me for this but, evil
Today swarms # 12 and 13 went into their boxes piano

One was a swarm call about 20 miles away and another in a swarm trap. 
I think I have another one in the trap but didn't want to pull it down till tomorrow to be sure it wasn't just scouts.  So I will probably be reporting # 14 tomorrow but they don't count till they are sitting on the hive stand!
 Bailey.

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »

#7yesterday evening # 8 at noon today and # 9 got away from me at the camp at 3pm.about 6-7lb swarm.

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »

Looks like your fast catching up Shawee. Jp has been doing good too.   Now poor ole Emil. Not so much. 
Don't think he has caught his first of the year yet.
Starting to feel bad for him. 
I hung another trap line today in the area where I hit the airborne swarm with my truck. 
Should pay off well but we shall see

Sorry to our northern brethren suffering in the white crap.  What they call that junk?  Oh yeah.   Ice! evil

Bailey.

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:25:54 PM »

Forget the Northerners....I know one guy here down south who ain't really happy with the situation.....ME! Sad

All I want is ONE!  I WANT IT!   hissy fit I WANT IT!  hissy fit I WANT IT!!!  hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »

Forget the Northerners....I know one guy here down south who ain't really happy with the situation.....ME! Sad

All I want is ONE!  I WANT IT!   hissy fit I WANT IT!  hissy fit I WANT IT!!!  hissy fit hissy fit hissy fit

If you advertise, they will call.
Jim
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:23 PM »

If you advertise, they will call.
Jim

Jim,
I work for the local Sheriff's department and have instructed the Dispatch center to route any bee call through me.  In addition I've posted it to my facebook as well as told everyone I know that will listen that I'm looking for bees.  I also know a few local beeks who do collections that know I'm interested in case they can't make a call they get.

Now, I realize I'm not in the yellow pages and don't have signs out....but you would think that could come up with at least one swarm.  Oh, yeah....plus I have 4 traps out! LOL!

"We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
                                                                                                                   - Ronald Reagan
sawdstmakr
Galactic Bee

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:51:36 PM »

Moots,
All that and no calls. I'm really surprised. Have the bees been swarming in your area?
Jim
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »

He isn't much further north than me. 
I don't get it either.  He and I are in identical type situation.
Bailey

schawee
Field Bee

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 01:56:18 AM »

moots the next one I get by the camp in Sorrento ill call you       schawee

BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP
Moots
Queen Bee

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 07:02:08 AM »

moots the next one I get by the camp in Sorrento ill call you       schawee

Schawee,

Appreciate YOU!  yippie chick yippie chick yippie chick yippie chick

You're the Man! th_thumbsupup

- Ronald Reagan
buzzbee
Ken
Administrator
Galactic Bee

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 07:13:55 AM »

Moots,
Don't forget Craigslist when swarms start popping your way!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next