Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
August 27, 2014, 03:07:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul, Like his father?  (Read 400 times)
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« on: March 18, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »

I watched Rand Paul speak at the CPAC. As many others, I'm watching him closely as he may be taking a run for President next time around. Listening to the last few sentences of his speech, I would say, he will be running. Two things I'm a little nervous about. First. Paul's stand on legalizing drugs. Coming from a law enforcement background, I don't want to see this happen. The destruction in our inner cities is simply appalling. If legalizing would reduce or end this destruction, tell me how and I'm with you. If Paul were president, he would have difficulty getting anything done on this issue anyways. He would be focused on more important problems. Second. I have not heard anything on his views of foreign policy. Our foreign policy is a mess and needs fixing, however I would never want his father Ron Paul in charge. All in all. Every time I hear Rand Paul speak, I am inspired. He recognizes the direction we are heading and would change things for the better, returning to a smaller constitutional government.   
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »

i agree with you on the drugs.  that's a pillar of the libertarian platform.  as a practical matter we probably need to rethink our drug policy.  it's kind of stupid to bust a 50 year old woman who grows a pot plant in her bedroom....on the other hand, we can look at some of the European countries that have de-criminalized almost all drug use and see that it hasn't worked well. 
there's a reason we ended up with drug laws in the first place and while it is true that we have probably gone overboard in some areas, it's also true that drug use is destructive to the individual and society. 

his foreign police is not like his fathers.  his father is an isolationist.  near as i can tell, he thinks we should only go to war when it is in our national security interest, should win the war will all haste, should then leave and not engage in nation building.  i am piecing this together from various things i have heard him say.
i do not know his position on covert actions, etc.  i do know that he is not, as has been erroneously reported, against using drones. he's against using drones on US citizens in the US.   

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
Fox Creek
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »

One thing is for sure. If the leftist believe Paul will run for president, he will be "Alinskied" !  Anyone hearing anything regarding Rand Paul should scrutinize the info to the fullest. He has already been identified as "fringe" (without explanation)   by the leftist. 
kathyp
Universal Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 04:09:55 PM »

you can always tell who the left fears most by how fast and how hard they go after them!   grin

.....The greatest changes occur in their country without their cooperation. They are not even aware of precisely what has taken place. They suspect it; they have heard of the event by chance. More than that, they are unconcerned with the fortunes of their village, the safety of their streets, the fate of their church and its vestry. They think that such things have nothing to do with them, that they belong to a powerful stranger called “the government.” They enjoy these goods as tenants, without a sense of ownership, and never give a thought to how they might be improved.....

Alexis de Tocqueville
hjon71
Field Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »

To compare son to father would be like comparing an ember to a wildfire. Meaning Ron had real grassroots support and really was the RNC's only shot at defeating Obama, however they knew they couldn't control him.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:26:50 AM »

you can always tell who the left fears most by how fast and how hard they go after them!   grin

I think that the word "FEAR" is incorrect.  I think it should be ENVY.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next