Today, after I finished building and painting enough equipment to support splits, I decided to do an inspection of my 4 largest colonies. First, I recruited some help. My wife suited up and joined in on the fun. We were pushed for time and had to move as fast as we could because it was about 1:00pm when I finished painting every thing. What we found was double deeps bursting with drones and at least 5 swarm cells per hive. They were all pissy and wanted to be left alone. No choice but to do splits now, I have to work 12hr shifts for the next 5 days. From those hives I was able to create 4 large splits and 2 nucs. With the populations being that large we was only able to find one queen. She went into one of the nucs. From that same colony I created two splits of 8 deep frames with swarm cells in each. The other nuc was built from the one colony with three frames with swarm cells. All the other boxes have 1 frame with swarm cells. I didn't bother cutting cells because I had no more equipment built. I had no idea that I could have made at least 10 nucs. I made my self a promise that I won't get caught in this predicament again. All of the splits are packed and all have a medium super of partially drawn frames. I also put two medium frames in the supers of last years honey from the freezer. It was about 9:00pm when we got every thing cleaned up, stands built and everyone in a permanent location. I'm keeping all 10 splits in the backyard for now until I make sure that they all have a laying queen then they will be moved to better foraging.
I would like to thank all of you that helped me out with this by either PM's or posts. You can't know how good it feels to go through another milestone in beekeeping. I couldn't' have pulled this off without the information that you all contributed. The size of my yard doubled today thanks to everyone.
Now comes all the questions about Raising Queens. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :-D