Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
September 30, 2014, 10:19:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Swarm 2013  (Read 349 times)
blanc
House Bee

« on: March 16, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »

Was in the process of removing an open hive in a live oak tree and got the cal of this swarm 5 mins away and took me only 15 min to shake and bake.  grin Not a big one but one as well. Got nine more to catch up with Bailey.  Smiley
Blanc

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Georgia Boy
Field Bee

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »

Congrads Blanc.

I really want to get  just one. LOL

I guess first I need to get my hives. They ship Monday.  Can't wait.  Smiley

David

"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."
bailey
Field Bee

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »

Way to go blanc. Great job.
Now go get some more:)
Bailey.

most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.
Joe D
Super Bee

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »

Good going Blanc.  Haven't seen one yet here this year, several last year.  Those down low on a limb are good ones.  Had four last year up 10 to 15 ft. not quite as easy but not hard.  In the tallest one couldn't get a ladder there, so threw a rope over limb and shook em down.  Good catching to all

Joe
blanc
House Bee

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »

Good going Blanc.  Haven't seen one yet here this year, several last year.  Those down low on a limb are good ones.  Had four last year up 10 to 15 ft. not quite as easy but not hard.  In the tallest one couldn't get a ladder there, so threw a rope over limb and shook em down.  Good catching to all

Joe

This one was about 3 ft high and just got there that morning and was looking for my box to settle in.  grin Got to love it. My first swarm last year was the same size and I put it in a top bar hive before I adapted to langs and they are still there. Hive is almost 4 ft wide and plan on making some nucs from it this week coming.
Blanc

Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next