Need Bees Removed?
International
Beekeeping Forums
October 21, 2014, 04:17:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Beemaster's official FACEBOOK page

Home   Help Search Calendar bee removal Login Register Chat  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Quotes: Lets Share  (Read 2984 times)
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »

Kind of like with history my friend KingBee, you seem to be missing the underlying principles. huh  You gotta dig deeper KingBee to get to the underlying truths.  applause   

As we’ve already pointed out over and over to the nationhood of deniers, oil and natural gas doesn’t magically recreate itself underground.  All wells eventually peak and then decline.

The energy in oil and gas is not “perpetual energy” created out of nothing and hence it doesn’t get bigger and bigger over time via E = m c*c.  Once again you missed the underlying principle; mass and energy aren’t created from nothingness.  The only thing we see in the Universe today is the transformations between EXISTING mass and energy.

The energy released in your gas guzzling truck engine, (or coal burning STEAM engine?) is the energy captured from sunlight millions of years ago in plants.  See, you support solar energy and Obama and you didn’t even know it. laugh  Buried by eons of time and cooked by pressure, those organics turned into your dino gas.  By burning it, all you’re doing it releasing that old sunlight energy from millions of years ago.  You’re not creating new ‘perpetual energy’. 
greg755
New Bee

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »

The earth spins on it's axis. If not by perpetual motion, then how?

I'll give you a clue... Man did not invent the earth.
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »

People of a certain age can remember when the 6Th element in the periodic table, carbon, flew under the nickname of "The building block of life" It was not known by the Reverent Al Gore's corn pone nickname of "A Watery death to Polar Bears" 

Despite what Gore tells us, there are NOT more Polar bears today going under for the third time.  Today there are more Polar bears alive than at any other time during the last 50 years, maybe longer.  And the last winter or two set records for the MOST sea ice in decades if not centuries.

Unfortunately good news won't sell many carbon credits, Fisker cars, or windmills. Maybe Al Gore should cut his losses and move to Knoxville, Tennessee so he can be closer to his source of cheap, and plentiful, fossil fuel electricity, generated by The Tennessee Valley Authority.   beat a dead horse
BlueBee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 11:58:27 PM »

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”  Albert Einstein

“At least try to get one of the three right!”  Blue Bee

kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2013, 05:13:40 AM »

there is perpetual motion... one day we will harness perpetual motion and our energy problems will be solved...

Not to make too much out of it Sir Tar Heel, but every time a space craft in launched into orbit around the Equator the rotation of the Earth slows down just a little, bitty, tinny fraction of a second, because the direction of the rocket launch is from the West to the East and the direction of the Earth's rotation is from the East to the West. 

You know what?  I would like to see the EPA Enviromental Impact Statement on that one.  I bet that the Army's Redstone Missile Command and NASA both failed to file one.  Maybe Ralphy Nader and some of his ilk can file a law suit against the Gooberment accusing them of slowing the rotation of the Earth without filing the proper paperwork.  Then win, lose, or draw Uncle Sugar would be on the hook to pay Ralphy's legal bills for suing the Gooberment.  It's the law don't you know?  Why do you think that every Tree Hugger group in existance is in Federal Court every time they run out of cash or want a new Latti machine. 

Oh My Zeus!!!   shocked You don't think this is what is melting the ice sheets do you?  Longer hours of daylight followed by longer hours of darkness?  th_thumbsupup  Pass the Coppertone please.
iddee
Galactic Bee

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2013, 07:16:37 AM »

""Earth's rotation is from the East to the West""

Please explain this. It seems to me that considering the sun rises in the east and sets in the west,that would mean the earth is rotating from west to east.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*
Vance G
Queen Bee

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2013, 09:24:40 AM »

God seems to have been replaced by the belief in various shibboleths extolling the power of corrupt mankind.  The sea ice debate is just one example of the cupidity of Green the new Red. 

How did Otsie get under the glacier?  How come a museum in Scandinavia is filling with artifacts melting out of glacier that date to the 3rd century after the birth of the Christ?  How come Leif Erickssen's barley fields and cow pastures are just now melting out of the glacier?  How did they grow figs in Paris in the forth century?  How come winegrapes grew thruout Britain in the 4th century?

The dark ages were a result more than anything of starving northern barbarians being driven south into the Roman empire by the climate growing colder!  God save us from the Canadians if things haven't reached equilibrium!     

I guess you just gotta BELIEVE that man is causing THIS fluctuation of the climate.   
kingbee
Queen Bee

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 07:55:28 PM »

""Earth's rotation is from the East to the West""

... It seems to me that considering the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, that... the earth is rotating from west to east.

You are correct Oh Sir Tar Heeled One.  I got my fingers tangled up in my keyboard and mind, resulting in typing before I thought it through a second time.  OK then, before I thought it through the FIRST time. embarassed embarassed

However, when a rocket is launched East from Cape Canaveral over the Atlantic Ocean the thrust is still opposite the rotation of the Earth, slowing the Earth's rotation by some small tinny tiny little minute bit. 

look for Al Gore to start in on us to build a huge array of rocket powered pin wheels so that he can speed up the Earth's rotation to suite him like the Earth was a basket ball spinning on the Supreme Globe Trotter's index finger.  Speaking of fingers and Al Gore... Oh never mind, let's not go there.  Ti's best to let fibbing 'profits' 'lie'.

Think about what you just said. As long as the air moves the same speed as the earth, we have total calm. Only when it moves at a different rate do we have wind.

Or when the air moves in a different direction or even fails to move at all.  Although the last may be an impossibility, if the air failed to move and the Earth and the objects on the Earth moved through the dead calm atmosphere at the velocity of the Earth's rotation that would truly be a "super storm" to write home about.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Beemaster's Beekeeping Ring
Previous | Home | Join | Random | Next